The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

source.gif

Crackin bit of business, windaes shut yer letting the heat oot.

Look how bitter the sheep are calling Wright every name under the sun compared to us wishing Ross McCrorie well. Their one way rivalry is fuckin laughable.
The most satisfying part of it is pretty much every great they have ever had have been Rangers men

Look how bitter the sheep are calling Wright every name under the sun compared to us wishing Ross McCrorie well. Their one way rivalry is fuckin laughable.

I play an online soccer manager game, I have him on my shortlist, as soon as it was confirmed tonight, the aberdeen manager offered him to me for peanuts haha

dont even want him in their teams

Good transfer window that.

Development players in Scotland getting game time. More experienced players moved on to England to get consistent game time before re-evaluation in the summer.

We've strengthened with Wright and Simpson coming in and the commanding position we hold in the league will allow us to bed them in.

Everything is ticking over very nicely. We're finally settled, in a good groove and moving along like a slick, mean, winning-machine.

I think even people on here are going to struggle to believe how good we will be in the next couple of years.

Nobody has any real idea whether Simpson and Wright are good signings. No point in getting excited over nothing
Yes there is, what the hell is wrong with you?

One of the best feelings as a fan is watching new signings run out for your team. I can't wait to see these two lads in action, I hope they develop into world beaters under our tutelage.

Can't get excited at them potentially being good? Good signings on paper don't always turn out good either, so should we ever get excited at any signing then?

No, but people saying they're better than Edmundson, jones and Barker is a bit of stretch.

Two signings our scouting team have obviously indentified.......if Baloguns an example,we’re in a good place.

No, but people saying they're better than Edmundson, jones and Barker is a bit of stretch.
I like JJ as a player but he has done next to %^*& all for us and is clearly a tool of a guy, Edmundson was hardly Baresi and Barker you can count on one hand the number of good games he had for us. If people have seen Wright and Simpson play and think they're better then it's hardly an unbelievable statement.

They may contribute to the squad but if we're to become the champions league side we all want us to be then a player who has played 20 senior games at 24 and an untested sheep winger isn't going to cut it.
Hahahaha aye cause these are the two signings we are making to try reach the group stages and beyond isn't it. They are low risk punts with the potential to flourish in our system, take them for what they are and stop whining

Very happy with this window. Although I do wish we'd got Kwadwo Baah, but I suspect that signing for Man City might be a wee bit more profitable for him.

They may contribute to the squad but if we're to become the champions league side we all want us to be then a player who has played 20 senior games at 24 and an untested sheep winger isn't going to cut it.
In fairness what champions league sides do you know that usually bring in their big, marquee signings for the season in January?

Not many. They’re both squad options & ultimately they’ll play more than Barker, Jones & Edmundson would’ve for the rest of this season. It makes sense on a few fronts.

Anyone seen Wright play against anyone except us? Can't say I've noticed him when we've played Dolly.

He changed the game when he came on against Celtic earlier in the season. He looks technically very good and a defensive longball Aberdeen side isn't the best environment for that type of player. An attacking technically gifted side who dominate the ball should get the best out of him.

In other news, Stephen O’Donnell has re-signed for another 6 months at Motherwell, just before the deadline.

Guessing his surprise shop window appearance on Sportscene did not lead to any offers then. Must be a kick in the baws that Celtic, in need of a right back, did not want him for free, and instead signed a young Everton reserve on loan. Ouch.

Back