Manager confirms Wilson on his way

McCrorie would tell me Danny Wilson is better than him with the ball at feet?

Is that what you're saying here?
Helps if you know what you actually posted.

“McCrorie is better than Wilson in every department”

Yes, certain McCrorie would tell you that is a load of shite.

Hes been good the last few games that true .but other wise to inconsistent.
I agree mate, honestly I don’t think he is a superstar or anything.

Just not going to pretend I’m happy about the our best performing CB leaving while the dross & injury prone players stay.

Sad that a Scottish guy his age would rather go to the States than play in front of 50k fans every other week for his country’s most successsful club, irrespective of money.

I’m sure he’s far from poor and I’m sure the offer he was made would’ve made him very comfortable.

I've always thought it's his attitude that's been his main problem.

Murty has repeatedly used the word 'hunrgy' during the window. He wants passionate, hungry players who are capable of driving the team onwards and upwards. And by all accounts he doesn't want Danny. What does that tell us?

Do we want underachievers who waste their talent or winners? Let's face it, with his ability he should be Scotland's no. 1 CB by now. We're not exactly blessed in that position right now either. He should walk into the team. Instead he's nowhere near the squad and struggles most of the time to complete a pass without giving it away. Then doesn't even seem bothered in the slightest. Notice his form improved around contract time though eh?
I take your point, but in the last game against the poets at the piggery, it was Danny Wilson who got tore into teammates for the lacklustre first half performance was it not?

Hardly the actions of a player lacking passion and hunger. Bad move to let him go imo.

I take your point, but in the last game against the poets at the piggery, it was Danny Wilson who got tore into teammates for the lacklustre first half performance was it not?

Hardly the actions of a player lacking passion and hunger. Bad move to let him go imo.
Come on, that's 1 exception, during an old firm game too. What about all the other games? Hes had plenty opportunities over the years to show 'character' and has failed at every opportunity.

I have to ask again as I did earlier in the thread. What inspires and motivates Danny Wilson? Coz it certainly ain't football, and it certainly isn't playing for Rangers, and it certainly isn't winning trophies.

Today’s reports of Danny Wilsons exit are sadly true. The clubs discussions with him have broke down and the club won’t pay Danny what he believes he is worth. Looks like he will be heading for the exit. Particularly disappointing news. Talks with Bates & Windass more positive

from 4 lads had a dream twitter
He plays as if he’s better than he is so it makes sense for him to ask for more than he’s worth and for what it’s worth he’s no big loss

Think people are also forgetting he prob knows he will not be a starter long term, so this is a great lifestyle move for him and his wife.
I get that and appreciate that. See my last post. If that's his motivation in life. Great. Good luck to him and hope he has a great life. But he sure doesnt deserve to wear a Rangers shirt.

What money is being suggested? Is Danny out of contract in May. If so then getting any sort of fee for him now is great!

Rocksport just mentioned that his missus is a yank so ......

She is.

I’m not judging the day, he clearly thinks it’s a better lifestyle over there and who are we to argue. He’s already won the league, League Cup and Scottish Cup with Rangers in his first spell and probably feels that all he’s giving up is European football as the Scotland set up is hell bent on overlooking him.

He’ll get plenty of money and, to be fair, the MLS is probably a higher quality than the SPFL all teams considered.

What money is being suggested? Is Danny out of contract in May. If so then getting any sort of fee for him now is great!
There was a lot of rumours flying about this afternoon on twitter saying around the £2 million mark. Now if that’s dollars instead of pounds then it would make sense

Good luck to him, not a great defender by any stretch so won’t be hard to replace. Good move for his family, but I would expect we’ll never hear of him again.

I'm not bothered about him leaving at all.

But he will be playing in front of bigger crowds overall, in a better league, better standard, bigger and better stadiums and bigger tv audiences. Overall, a higher profile league by far.

In America? Outside of that no one cares about the MLS. I’ve tried to watch a couple of games and they were a boring watch.

Everybody knows who Rangers are and we are on the up, he doesn’t want to be part of that and wants to join a nonentity like CR.

Good luck to him he could have built on what he had with Murty In charge and could have led us going forward. But, we’ll never know if he could have built on that. He’s chased the money and if that was his mindset then I’m delighted he’s away, we need battlers now.

To be fair, it's an absolute given that RM is better in the tackle, better in the air, stronger, faster and more aggressive than Wilson. That's why I assumed you were talking about the "footballing" side of the game.

So what part of the game is Wilson stronger than McCrorie?, and try to answer without being a cheeky bastard.

Many a supporter would pull on that blue jersey for nothing,probably already on a week what most of us would take to save in a year. Can't have that affinity for the club that the rank and file supporter. I'd rather we kept the money and offered Tav a better contract,we get more from him anyway.

Yeah 100% the overall feeling is: you’ve got a bloody cheek Danny.

Neither would I, but We're Rangers supporters, he's a professional footballer and in it for the money.

Not all of them are, you wouldn’t see the majority of decent players for us leaving at the drop of the hat for the MLS. The premier league yes that you could understand. The overall feeling is that he’s got a bloody cheek after the dross he’s served up over the past few years.

He has no legacy with us other than leaving twice, good luck to him.

Not all of them are, you wouldn’t see the majority of decent players for us leaving at the drop of the hat for the MLS. The premier league yes that you could understand. The overall feeling is that he’s got a bloody cheek after the dross he’s served up over the past few years.

He has no legacy with us other than leaving twice, good luck to him.

I'm a little confused by your posts on this. You are saying he is dross, but appear upset he is going..

I'm a little confused by your posts on this. You are saying he is dross, but appear upset he is going..

As I said I think he’s got a brass neck asking for exorbitant wages after a handful - if he’s lucky - decent performances then demanding to go when we refused. Clearly Murty fancied him for CB and he did improve but now he’s for the off to the MLS.

He's been good for the last month but was pretty abysmal before that.

It's a good move for him and we've got time to bring in a replacement or Bates can make it his own position. McCrorie has been excellent in midfield so might be even better at the back.

All the best to him.

Good luck to the lad he probably sees himself slipping down the pecking order and fancies trying something new.

Wilson left when a promising teenager. He had a great partnership with Weir and could have stayed and improved.

He jumped ship to Liverpool for more money.

Fast forward a few years in the doldrums he plays well for a Hearts team in the first division. We bring him back for a higher wage and he plays well in the first division. He then becomes very unreliable in the top division. He has a good spell for a few weeks and demands more money. He then decides to leave for more money.

He is a greedy player. Who could have been amazing but has jumped ship at every chance for more money rather than stay and improve and shoe he is worthy of a wage increase.

Good luck to him if he leaves. We won't miss him.

9982160e5724db952c7cbbc67a891758--team-pictures-cheerleaders.jpg
Welcome Danny........Whoop Whoop Whoop.....Give us the ..... D

In fairness it's a fantastic opportunity for him and his family. Whilst the soccer might not be the best, he will be set up for life. Good luck to him.

Can't be arsed searching the whole thread, if he's having a medical now is he going now?
If so, surely we are receiving a fee given he's still under contract?

Must admit to being surprised at this. Wilson is a player I thought Murty rated and I had assumed the player wanted to stay.

On his game he is a very good player. Has had his bad days, of course, but recently he looked not only a good player but a leader of others.

Bottom line is he has opted to leave just when we look like we are building something, so we wish him well and move on.

This "greed" thing.... what if he wasn't actually looking for more money, just a contract extension on broadly the same terms....

Anyway, lets do the usual thing of hating someone who has worn the shirt.....o_O

If McCrorie would say that he is being modest.

Ross McCrorie is a vastly better player in every department than Danny Wilson.

If McCrorie would say that he is being modest.

Ross McCrorie is a vastly better player in every department than Danny Wilson.

McCrorie is quicker, stronger in the air and in the tackle.
Wilson may just edge it on distribution, but McCrorie's athleticism is vastly superior too, as his DM performance at the piggery showed.

McCrorie is already a vastly superior player to Wilson.

Absolutely nothing against Wilson, but that's the facts.

There was a lot of rumours flying about this afternoon on twitter saying around the £2 million mark. Now if that’s dollars instead of pounds then it would make sense

Rather doubt it will be anywhere near that … MLS not that rich a league as there is a lot of competition over here regarding watching sports teams…

But for Danny it’s a good move and a change of life style although it may not last very long and he may return back sooner than he thinks … if ……he still wants to continue his football career at high level.

The league itself not as competetive so it may suit Danny’s style ……anyway good luck to him.

Have a feeling the LA and others supporters clubs over here may be out to welcome ‘one of our own’ when he visits with his new team mates.

Good luck to Danny Wilson, he will be a stand out player and leader for Colorado rather than a bit part player for us who divides fan opinion. Guys like Wilson, Wallace, Halliday, Holt and Miller all have redeeming qualities but not the standard of player we need going forward. We have to aim for better quality more consistent players and start clearing some of these guys out. This is just part of us becoming a better Rangers.

This "greed" thing.... what if he wasn't actually looking for more money, just a contract extension on broadly the same terms....

Anyway, lets do the usual thing of hating someone who has worn the shirt.....o_O
Totally miss the point. Greed isn't just about money. He puts other considerations before his career. Whether that's money, lifestyle etc. Now there's nothing wrong with that. There's no hate from me. It's his choice.

But, it's a very short career after which he'll be set for life and can live, work, play wherever he chooses. Now, there's thousands of football clubs where he can see out his career over the next decade or so, and earn his money.

But, and this is the point, not here. Rangers is not one of those thousands of mediocre clubs. Rangers is not the place for the likes of him.

What’s the mentioned fee ? If he wants to go and can get more money / better lifestyle good luck to him.

Very few players get two cracks at Rangers.

Shame that we can't come to an agreement with Wilson. It seems that we are prepared to pay top dollar for the likes of Alves who has been on the whole disappointing but won't pay up for a player who has performed far better than him this season and whose best days are still to come. I'd imagine that Danny's demands are still nowhere near what Alves is being paid.
I think you are correct

Who is to say Danny is wrong to take this opportunity?

Ally Maxwell has forged a nice little career out in the states coaching, and his missus is a tasty yank as well. MoJo hasn't taken a backward glance since he moved stateside. It's an amazing country and a great lifestyle for professional sports people in the US

Genuinely, I've no animosity towards Wilson. He felt he was worth more. We disagreed. So, he's away. That's footballing life.

One thing I will say, though, is that I can't help feeling that his career went tits up the moment he chose a Liverpool bench counting his cash to winning trophies and playing in Europe.

Is Wilson a player that is so important to Rangers that we are desperate to keep him? If the answer to that question is no then we should be wishing him luck in his future endeavours.

Totally miss the point. Greed isn't just about money. He puts other considerations before his career. Whether that's money, lifestyle etc. Now there's nothing wrong with that. There's no hate from me. It's his choice.

But, it's a very short career after which he'll be set for life and can live, work, play wherever he chooses. Now, there's thousands of football clubs where he can see out his career over the next decade or so, and earn his money.

But, and this is the point, not here. Rangers is not one of those thousands of mediocre clubs. Rangers is not the place for the likes of him.

Not missing the point in the slightest. Lots of comments on here talking about him being greedy or wanting more money. His contract is almost up and - my understanding is that - he wanted an extension on similar terms. He wasn't given it. Meanwhile another club comes in and offers him a deal. Its not rocket science. But - as I said - plenty on here dive straight in to slag off someone who has worn our shirt.

Anyway, none of this matters. Looks like a done deal and I'm sure he and his family will enjoy things over there. And I'm equally sure we'll cope without him.

Disappointing yes, can't help but feel it solves a selection headache though.

Mcrorie to CB, we know we have options in midfield.

She is.

I’m not judging the day, he clearly thinks it’s a better lifestyle over there and who are we to argue. He’s already won the league, League Cup and Scottish Cup with Rangers in his first spell and probably feels that all he’s giving up is European football as the Scotland set up is hell bent on overlooking him.

He’ll get plenty of money and, to be fair, the MLS is probably a higher quality than the SPFL all teams considered.

As I posted mate it’s a good deal for Danny the lifestyle is the thing for me and I’d certainly not turn down the opportunity he has. Aside from home games and games v the scum he’s going to play in front of bigger crowds and play at a higher standard.

Not missing the point in the slightest. Lots of comments on here talking about him being greedy or wanting more money. His contract is almost up and - my understanding is that - he wanted an extension on similar terms. He wasn't given it. Meanwhile another club comes in and offers him a deal. Its not rocket science. But - as I said - plenty on here dive straight in to slag off someone who has worn our shirt.

Anyway, none of this matters. Looks like a done deal and I'm sure he and his family will enjoy things over there. And I'm equally sure we'll cope without him.
Totally. Misread you post slightly first time around. So my 'missing the point' comment was unfounded. Sorry about that.

We’ll have forgotten all about him in 6 months so good luck to him.

I wonder if he regrets that Liverpool move? Parked on a bench for months when he could have been developing as a first 11 choice with us. He’s a player who definitely didn’t fulfill his early potential.

Back