Lennon Gone, now confirmed, Kennedy Interim Manager.

McGhee%2C_Mark.jpg

So he walked away , lol
Laura Woods was on with Ally this morning on talksport when the news broke.

I think super must have told her what to say as she emphasized twice or three times that Neic Lennon had "walked away".

how I laughed!!! ...but was then saddened that he won't be there to see us champions!

Reactions: fmp
Celtic cannot tell lies to the Stock Market. I add their statement of Neil Lennon walking away.

This announcement contains inside information for the purposes of article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) 596/2014 as amended by regulation 11 of the Market Abuse (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019/310. Upon the publication of this announcement, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.

24 February 2021

CELTIC PLC

("Celtic" or the "Club")

Neil Lennon to depart Celtic

Celtic PLC confirms that first team manager, Neil Lennon, has resigned and will leave the Club with immediate effect. The Club would like to thank Neil for his outstanding contribution during his time at Celtic as manager. John Kennedy will assume the role of interim manager effective immediately.

Enquiries:

Celtic PLC
Michael Nicholson, Company Secretary

0141 551 4298
Canaccord Genuity Limited
Simon Bridges, Nominated Adviser
Richard Andrews

020 7523 8350

I have seen the following and every one says he resigned. BBC, Sky, Record, Herald, Scotsman, Express and Sun.

I get what you're saying but I'm fairly certain there would have been discussions behind the scenes to make it favourable for Neic to resign rather than have to be sacked.
Agreed, there is no way he has stayed this long, destroying his reputation week after week because he is waiting for his payout, then leaves without it now. His reputation could hardly be any lower with their fans already. The only thing that would have saved his reputation is him walking when they still had a chance to get in someone to stop us winning. Oh well, what a shame B-D

Last edited:
Must have found leverage to get him to sign the letter thrust in front of him after previous attempts had failed...

'Sign the resignation letter Neil or we'll text your girlfriend and threaten to stab her'

'Yer threats won't work on me. It's nothing I've not done twice this week already.

Glad the Bigot has gone and I hope he leaves our shores never to be seen or heard from again, I was hoping he'd be here when we won the League before he scuttled away but rats do what rats do. I wonder what excuses he will come out with, he kept on saying they were mitigating circumstances at the club, will he come out with.. Mental health? ... Life threatening illness?.... Death threats? All of the above? , I can picture him in a padded cell with a straight jacket on when we lift 55. Can someone keep him a place in the queue at the Kingston Bridge. #55

I think Chris Sutton should be applying.

He has spent god knows how long praising them, the GFITW, how we are sh*te, what a team should do to win, where they are going wrong etc etc the job would be a piece of pi*s.

Would give him three months tops.

He didn't resign - what did he have to gain with that as he knew it was just a matter of time.

Plus he already alluded to having a few secrets about this season alone so he was obviously paid off.

There will be a signed letter in his personnel phile stating his intention to resign after serving his notice period (12 months), triggering commencement of his notice period with immediate effect

He will also have negotiated a sum of money - commensurate to a year’s salary - in lieu of notice.

It’s a face saver.

The prospect of losing the league at home or worse is going there as champions must have been too much. An already tarnished legacy would be beyond repair. Fair enough.

Without a doubt that would have been part of the decision being made at this time.

"Fu.ck that im outta here."

Its just glorious how much the wheels have fell off during their "going for the ten" season.

Whoever it is, we can sneer or laugh accordingly but I want Rangers to be completely focused on hunting the next incumbent too, come next season.

Their immediate priority will be shifting season tickets - that means a sellick-minded/plastic provo type will get put above what they actually need - a modern, progressive, coach & mentor style of Manager.

I reckon its Kennedys to lose, If he wins even one of the games vs us and manages to beat everyone else he’ll get it.

the seem to have been getting him ready to take over for a few years now, having him as coach even when managers dont want him

Hopefully another token mentally challenged or a random foreign punt whoever's walking into there has a massive rebuild on their hands

I got an email from an executive recruiter last night asking me to get in touch as an exciting opening in Glasgow had just came up.

It could be me getting it. o_O
Well I think your first steps in the job will have to be releasing Ajer, McGregor and Edouard on a free.

Rodgers was announced at 5pm the day before our Scottish cup final just to get the headlines next day, odds on they will announce whoever it is the day before we win 55.

Pretty sure it will be a blurred line on whether he was sacked or resigned. A whole conversation will have taken place over the legal niceties and promises given on any money Lennon was due. It's probably 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.
Lennon, "Sign that bit of paper" says man in balaclava. "Thanks, that's you just resigned, OK?"
Yesterday, "I'm the man for the rebuild, Why not, I did it before?" Today, under no pressure from the club he walks in and resigns? Sounds legit.
A psychotic blowhard who swaggered about until the first sign of a sustained challenge and then he and his players shat it.
Making sure he's not there for us winning the title, he scuttles away, leaving a trail of havoc and carnage, for which, Neil, the entire Rangers support thanks you.

I've slowly come around to the 'building bridges' point of view to help us gain boardroom influence but when they ask us for permission to speak to Murty we better tell them to GTF!

I'd be surprised if the beasts didn't ry to bring O'Neil in - Michael that is. He's proved himself a capable manager with NI and now with Stoke. Plus, he's the right ethnicity - they seem to prefer RC's from NI - also, the cost of springing him from Stoke wouldn't be prohibitive.

I think it will be a reasonably big name, because even if they get it wrong this time, it will be years before they can catch up. We went into this spell with Dave King openly saying that the club would run at a loss to get us to where we deserve to be. It was a long term plan, and it looks to be coming into fruition. Celtic haven't had a long term plan in years, and don't show any signs of that changing, which is maybe why Lawwell is going.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's any of AVB, Howe, Bilic. Whether they are good enough, who knows, but they need someone of Rodger's level at least to turn them around.
I think they'll look at a Rodgers 'style' appointment. However, BR was a one off. Eddie Howe is miles away from Rodgers. Rodgers had managed Liverpool by the time he went to Celtic. AVB - keeps failing everywhere he goes. Bilic is a decent coach, again, he lasted 6 months in the premiership.

Rodgers, as much as he's a weirdo, is a very good coach. He will comfortably go to any club in world football and sits just below the absolute elite guys.

Even better is their upheaval. They have a new CEO, they're targeting a new dof and a new manager. They'll need at least 5 or 6 new players. It usually takes time for this to work - clearly the cfc support don't really have the stomach for a fight. We just need to keep our shit together.

For them to get a manager anywhere near the level of the Tranny Shagger would take Fritzl digging deep, these "marquee managers" - they're not cheap!
And if he gets his big name manager, they're not going to happy sitting around as part of a 3 or 4 or 5 year project. They'll want big money now to throw at the team. I know Despot is a wealthy man, but would he dig deep enough for a top manager and the massive budget they'd want? I have my doubts.

Larsson a bigger sh1tebag than Clarke, quit his Helsinborg job the minute fans started abusing him on social media.

Perfect. Sign him up.

Scandinavian?
Club legend as a player?
Questionable managerial credentials?

"Larsson's at the wheel..."

Although Larsson's already knocked them back previously, so I don't think he's a stick on.

I think they will go for Larrson for fan service.

They will need to distract them with something with the amount of downsizing they will be doing in the summer.

Think it will be Clarke to take over from him after the Euros, think it’s probably been in the background for a while, he’s probably identified targets behind the scenes, be surprised if it isn’t him. They probably won’t confirm it until nearer the time towards the summer so as it won’t affect the Scotland squad. He fits the bill for them, a mentally challenged jake with a victim mentality. I think he’ll improve them unfortunately as he’s a good man manager, dunno about his tactics though, he seems to like a defensive set up. Hopefully by the time he gets settled we’ll be 10 points ahead B-D
You’re probably correct, however that ratbag Clarke would dump his responsibility with the National team earlier than planned - To get his chance at the piggery.

His fate was decided at the final whistle on sunday night. They still had that very small glimmer of hope, even our own fans who have lived on their nerves all season knew it was over on Sunday night. I defy anyone on here to say they didn't have a spring in their step on monday.

As some said, he has been made to resign. This is the pr world we live in, a kind of face saving exercise for both parties.

FFS!

Good chance the bravest man in football was offered it in the showers again by the Fat Japanese.

Eddie Howe is my guess
Can't see them appointing someone like Howe unless they're prepared to throw money at it tbh. Howe himself won't come cheap and he has a sound managerial reputation in England to protect, so he'll want assurances that he can bring in the type of player he feels he'll need to succeed. They're not generating cash, in fact they're burning through it and Desmond has never really appeared keen to throw big money at it on a personal level. I've a feeling they'll look for a safe pair of hands (cheap option) in the hope he can get more out of the current group than Lennon. Clarke fits the bill for that.

Back