The best rangers team I’ve watched.

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
I get we’ve had world class players over the years. And we all know how they are. We’ve also made a euro final. But, for me, this is the best team we have had in my life time. (I’m 39).

a collection of really talented players, a fantastic team ethic and brought together by a great management team.

So enjoyable watching them

I get we’ve had world class players over the years. And we all know how they are. We’ve also made a euro final. But, for me, this is the best team we have had in my life time. (I’m 39).

a collection of really talented players, a fantastic team ethic and brought together by a great management team.

I trust this manager and this team more than any others I've watched from the 80's till now.

I agree with this. Although Advocaats side often played some scintillating stuff at times, so has this side. We seem to have an attitude now that’s got steel built into it. Never say die, go for the throat and the coaching has been nothing short of miraculous.

The vast majority of us have never witnessed what are watching right now in terms of sheer form and wins.

We are unbeaten this season bar one match in the league cup, our defensive records stands up to history and our league form has the potential to rip up all records.

It’s an outstanding rangers side.

Last edited:

Great post pal. 36 and agree completely. We are a TEAM.

To the Baku, we’re on our way!!

There’s a great mix of fight, talent, organisation, and never-say-die within this team. It’s the good elements of a Walter Smith and Dick Advocaat side combined.

In the modern era this is the best team by far in relation to resources but not in overall relative quality when you consider we were regularly buying some of the best English players available and whilst that was a different era you have to accept in relative terms this team is not at that level..

Probably not the best in terms of world class players, there’s no Laudrup, De Boer, Gazza etc but in terms of best coached team I think it’s the best I’ve seen.
Europe is where you are judged and we pass test after test.

My thoughts exactly the same

Probably not the best in terms of world class players, there’s no Laudrup, De Boer, Gazza etc but in terms of best coached team I think it’s the best I’ve seen.
Europe is where you are judged and we pass test after test.
That’s exactly it. Coached to perfection to get the most out of everyone.

I an trying to disagree with you Papa, but i am finding it hard

People need to realise as much as we underachieved in Europe in the 90's and onwards we were playing at the very top European level. This team isn't.

We should enjoy the absolutely remarkable job SG has done but the comparisons are off....even Walter's dour team getting to Manchester was something that is going to be hard to top.

You and me both mate. IMO this team is a level and more better than the Manchester team, and that said with the greatest of respect to them. Different styles of play, but we're absolutely blowing teams away. Someone described it as a juggernaut, they'd be right.

This is a good team and am really enjoying the last 2 season excellent euro football but.... 92/93 was champions league and we outplayed every team we played and 2008 we achieved so much with a great team spirit. This team is still improving so hoping it can go as far.

This is the type of team I have dreamed of at Rangers, no big names, all work hard, we have a shape to defend and an attack that has pace and touch to go with goals.
I always admired the Ajax 3-4-3 and the Kiev team of Rebrov and Shevchenko (4-4-2, but more 4-4-1-1.) none of the players were big names until they played deep into Europe, but they knew where each other were, they defended from the front, and played like a unit. We do all of that now. We break from our own box straight towards theirs. A jot to watch.

It’s the best footballing side we have had imo

they are coached to such a high level and deliver consistent performances

if teams do t park the bus we scud them

if we can grow into a champions league team and deliver these type of performances we will be unstoppable in Scotland

The team play with a freedom that's really refreshing. Not scared of being on the ball and always looking to score.

There's a plan A and a plan B too which makes us less predictable.

Back