Things one has forgotten about the journey

Bearsden Bear

Let me start this with off the park stunt.

I take you back six years to early 2015.

The three Bears had secured enough backing to legally request an EGM. The spivs regime, unbelievably, twice, tried to get it held in London, in an attempt to protect their vice-like death grip on our great club,

Thankfully, they were thwarted, and the rest, as they say is history, culminating in this glorious day.

The Rangers support is often (justifiably) criticised for being too fragmented, but at that time, thankfully, enough of us pulled together to see the Club restored on its path to greatness.

So many horrible memories over the course. It makes it all the more incredible what we have achieved today.

I remember now, but must have erased it from my memory over the years, queuing up for the portaloos at the back of the stand at half time in Brechin and thinking to myself. This is gonna be a long fucking haul.

The three Bears had secured enough backing to legally request an EGM. The spivs regime, unbelievably, twice, tried to get it held in London, in an attempt to protect their vice-like death grip on our great club,

Thankfully, they were thwarted, and the rest, as they say is history, culminating in this glorious day.

The Rangers support is often (justifiably) criticised for being too fragmented, but at that time, thankfully, enough of us pulled together to see the Club restored on its path to greatness.
That was mental, I spent 2 days hounding some wee legal secretary, assuring her if they held it on the moon we would be there to vote.

On a what’s app group we all talked about this and so many bad moments that have combined to make this win all the more poignant
Raith rovers in the challenge cup final was so disappointing I wanted to win all trophies on the way back up and we blew this
Charles green - classless con man and the many others in that spell who held positions at rangers - it was a procession of criminals and incompetents -

being disappointed Mcinnes didn’t take the job and shocked he had declined( if rumours true)

Prior to Gerrard turning up for old firm games and knowing we needed luck to get a draw- they were horrid times and the way they rubbed it in - watching players being beaten before the game had started

these things and others make this title
Win all the better

aww man this thread could be a 1000 pager.

I remember standing with Bomber on the steps yelling "Show us the deeds". During these troubled times it was heartening to see that there were people willing to step up and fight. I wish bomber could have been involved somehow when we finally took back control.

I remember the Morton Mongo Twins in the media saying they didnt understand why the Rangers fans hated them so much.

I remember jig replying to a tweet about the size of his knob after a pic of him during a game

Spending 700k on David Templeton while being in the bottom division (boils my blood)

Fran Sandaza getting tangoed by a tim

and so many more

aww man this thread could be a 1000 pager.

I remember standing with Bomber on the steps yelling "Show us the deeds". During these troubled times it was heartening to see that there were people willing to step up and fight. I wish bomber could have been involved somehow when we finally took back control.

I remember the Morton Mongo Twins in the media saying they didnt understand why the Rangers fans hated them so much.

I remember jig replying to a tweet about the size of his knob after a pic of him during a game

Spending 700k on David Templeton while being in the bottom division (boils my blood)

Fran Sandaza getting tangoed by a tim

and so many more
Kevin Kyle’s story of being offered £££ for signing makes me physically ill

Queing up overnight outside the ticket office for away games was a good time.

Mind the entire que moving under the stand whilst keeping their place when it started pissing it down one night waiting on Berwick tickets going on sale in the morning. Vividly remember one bear turning up not long before opening, strolling over to the queless ticket office clearly thinking his luck was in as a que the length of the Copland and round the corner silently waited under the stand for him to notice and cheer like %^*& when he clicked, turned round and left.

Or when someone pulled a ball out their motor and a 5 hour game of records broke out against the Govan East stand entrance shutter.

whatever happened to craig houston? his name hasnt been mentioned at all in the celebrations and remembrances.

I'd completely forgotten until I read about it today about the ball getting stuck in a hedge at Brechin.

What a grim fcking time.
I just remember people turning to each other and saying "what the %^*& is going on!" and the reality of the situation hitting me like a tonne of bricks.

Charles Greens "little paki friend " comment and that same friend turning up fan forums defending himself and leaking info etc.

The club bus getting set on fire.

Losing the Ramsdens cup final to raith.

Not having an official club strip and playing against Brechin in a training top.

Last edited:
Charles Green christmas speech. At the time we lapped it up....just another attempt to butter us up.

Getting beat by a filter, better organised Forfar side in extra time of the 1st round of the LC in fucking August (2013).

Steve Simonsen's amazing save as we won 1-0 at Forfar, Jan 2014.

Steve Simonsen's cock upon the SC SF v Dundee Utd at 2-1 down when we looked odds on to find an equaliser.

Arnold Peralta being MoTM in same SF

Donald Muir, the enemy within.

The days when we thought things were bad, but had no idea they could get even worse when Walter came out in an interview and stated the bank were running then club.

Kai Naismith(?) saving us from a cup replay against forres mechanics.
News outlets linking us with people on Interpol lists.
And last but not least the baggy shorts kit launch

Back