Things one has forgotten about the journey

Charles Greens "little paki friend " comment and that same friend turning up fan forums defending himself and leaking info etc.

The club bus getting set on fire.

Losing the Ramsdens cup final to hibs.

Not having an official club strip and playing against Brechin in a training top.

And said little friend throwing a lavish birthday party for himself in a London restaurant and charging it all to the club

Charles Greens "little paki friend " comment and that same friend turning up fan forums defending himself and leaking info etc.

The club bus getting set on fire.

Losing the Ramsdens cup final to hibs.

Not having an official club strip and playing against Brechin in a training top.
You certainly have forgotten.

It was raith rovers we lost to in a feeble performance. ;)

Us struggling against Montrose. At Ibrox.

My mate reminded me today.
That was a horrific match, last minute winner from them if memory serves. Cracking strike.

I remember before the game the team were doing a shooting drill and Templeton near enough put the ball out of the stadium, should have known it would be a bad day at that point.

Conceding a penalty in the first minute against the first lower league team to come to Ibrox. 10-0 bet fucked before we kicked the ball

Of course, this is tripe.
Absolutely unnecessary tripe at that.
100% tripe. Lol, fecking Charlie Telfer got a club but league winning, Champions League experienced, Scottish international would not have got another gig in Scotland?? Same goes for folk slagging Wallace for staying. Of course they were well paid but they played a part in our history when plenty walked away. They weren't superstars but these 2 guys, Little and Alexander deserve respect in my opinion

100% tripe. Lol, fecking Charlie Telfer got a club but league winning, Champions League experienced, Scottish international would not have got another gig in Scotland?? Same goes for folk slagging Wallace for staying. Of course they were well paid but they played a part in our history when plenty walked away. They weren't superstars but these 2 guys, Little and Alexander deserve respect in my opinion
Are you misinterpreting my post?

whatever happened to craig houston? his name hasnt been mentioned at all in the celebrations and remembrances.
Posted this earlier:

kU5pOTL.jpg

Massive respect to the guy.

Let me start this with off the park stunt.

I take you back six years to early 2015.

The three Bears had secured enough backing to legally request an EGM. The spivs regime, unbelievably, twice, tried to get it held in London, in an attempt to protect their vice-like death grip on our great club,

Thankfully, they were thwarted, and the rest, as they say is history, culminating in this glorious day.

The Rangers support is often (justifiably) criticised for being too fragmented, but at that time, thankfully, enough of us pulled together to see the Club restored on its path to greatness.
Was it not the filth fans who helped us out there by bombarding the London venues with emails saying how we would trash the place and not to hold it.

The spivs regime, unbelievably, twice, tried to get it held in London, in an attempt to protect their vice-like death grip on our great club,
I'd booked the sleeper down to attend the meeting in London and was looking forward to meeting some folk from here because it seemed like half the board was going to be on that train!

Airds last Min goal at Hampden v QP hard times
Scary to think how buzzing I was after that. Trying to convince myself that winning at Hampden would be a massive boost to our squad. Were bears not shafted with the queens park games by restricting tickets?

Getting beat from Stirling Albion when they were bottom of the 3rd division, had lost their last 5 and who's manager was away at a wedding. I wish I'd forgotten that.
Don’t forget their goalie that day had also lost a contact lens and couldn’t see properly. That was a truly grim day on the field. Probably the lowest of our on field woes. That or losing the diddy cup final to Raith.

A freezing , snowy night game away to Queen of the South when we were beaten 2-0 :eek: was a low point for me. Was at breaking point then.

Not a great deal of actual football high points but had some great times in bowling clubs , orange halls etc up and down the country following the team through the leagues :p

Would never ever want to go through that again football wise though........horrific.

Outrage at players seen smiling at training.

For me though, the first league game in Div 3 away to Peterhead, standing on scaffholding behind the goal, scraping a draw and realising how long a slog it would be.

Big Moshnie saving the day to force the draw against the Coatbrig Celtic in the dying moment of a televised SC game at Ibrox -celebrated that goal as if it was a winner against the real scum , unbelievable !!!!

I'd booked the sleeper down to attend the meeting in London and was looking forward to meeting some folk from here because it seemed like half the board was going to be on that train!
I made it down, met GS and another poster off here outside the Millennium Gloucester hotel where the AGM was to be held. A BBC reporter also turned up.

We made it into the conference room where it supposed to have been held, hung about for an hour til it was obvious nobody was turning up.

Not a completely wasted trip as later on I went to the West Ham Chelski game.

Weekly threads about 3rd division players that could “do a job” for us.

0-0 versus Cowdenbeath a week after Hearts beat them 10-0. I’d forgotten about that until Tom Miller mentioned it on Saturday.

Outrage at players seen smiling at training.

For me though, the first league game in Div 3 away to Peterhead, standing on scaffholding behind the goal, scraping a draw and realising how long a slog it would be.

They had actual dinner table seats along the back of the stand held with bungee cords :)
The steak sandwiches from the vans were good though.

Reactions: SGL
Back