Racing moved to Sunday for HRH Prince Philip's funeral.

Sron Gorm

The Scottish National meeting and Newbury racing have moved to Sunday instead of Saturday, there will be no racing between 2.45 and 4.15 on the day of the funeral, and other meetings will either finish earlier or start later.

Very little English football next Saturday. Could see a 7pm or noon kick off being on the cards

Why move anything....doubt the late Duke now cares one way or another, he would have loathed all the fuss, not his style..at all, it's turning to the absurd. The thing is, most of the palaver is disingenuous. My dislike for media grows by the day, living as most of them do in an overpaid, privileged bubble, clueless to the lives and care less for Joe Bloggs.

They did.

John Hartson also put some tweet on earlier which suggested it would still be the Saturday. Was kinda hard to make out what he was saying though.
Someone showed me Hartsons tweet(I'm blocked off him :D) it was along the lines of

"next Saturday Rangers v Celtic 4pm kick off change"

Clear as mud from that balloon. Is it a 4pm? Has it been changed?

Who knows judging by his post.

They did.

John Hartson also put some tweet on earlier which suggested it would still be the Saturday. Was kinda hard to make out what he was saying though.
I saw that tweet and it sounded like he was drunk

Im hoping it just moves a bit later on the Saturday! Sunday is a kick in the baws with work on Monday

According to UK government guidance: "The decision as to whether sporting fixtures continue to go ahead is at the discretion of organisers. Organisers may wish to consider using black armbands and observing a silence before matches are played."

According to UK government guidance: "The decision as to whether sporting fixtures continue to go ahead is at the discretion of organisers. Organisers may wish to consider using black armbands and observing a silence before matches are played."
I think it’ll be moved to 5pm.

Are there any times on Saturday or Sunday that it can't be played due to clash with other live games? The funeral will not last more than an hour so the argument for pushing it to a later ko on the Sat doesn't make much sense.

I don't think either club will mind if it's pushed to the Sunday so that's what I think will happen.

Back