MOTM Poll Rangers v Hibernian - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Hope we can turn it back on for next week we looked like a side who won the league over a month ago.

We were cruising until Borna decided to throw a wobbly.

Job done but pedestrian as hell. Hopefully it's not a sign of an easing off which will cost us. Big games coming up so we need to stay tuned up.

Balogan out for next week, don's waiting for a chance to brandish RED.

Full time, he never got his chance fuukin romanist prick.

Saw fuuk all of game after Hagi's free kick on 81 mins.

Well done my Team.
Still managed to show a couple of yellows for nothing fouls whilst allowing porteous and the wee baldy guy to commit umpteen fouls without a warning.

A kind of unbalanced performance today. Not enough defensive cover in the midfield when Aribo is selected in a midfield three. I hope that’s not the midfield selection next week as too many players find themselves in awkward positions as a result.

Still can’t believe how much exposed Borna was. Kamara worst game ever for us, as Kent moved inside he walked about the left as they doubled on borna.

It was only natural that this would happen . It would have been impossible for the players to keep the intensity up once we wrapped up 55. Next week what will be will be , we have what we wanted so we can go into it relaxed no matter what .

Why don't we just put in a strong performance in the OF game?

Does a strong performance today guarantee one next week?

Utter nonsense, the players will be up for next week and we won today FFS.

You can't just switch form on and off. I'm far from a panty wetter but I think some of the concerns about our tempo and form going into next week are valid.

Wonderful performance from Hibs, our hardest home game of the season. Should have been a draw, no push on Helander. Porteous man of the match. Sorry, I watched the second half of the game on Hibstv as my sound on Rangerstv was ten secs in front of the picture.

3 points supercedes anything, next week takes care of itself. You can make demands and shout and scream but the intensity is never going to be there and we're not going to sacrifice everything good about us going forward just to be wary of Boyle.
3 points and 3 conceded at home ALL season! Let the good timess roll :))

A win is a win and I am not worried that we won’t step it up next week. A very pedestrian performance today - it all comes from whether Davis and Kamara want to play at pace and with aggression or, as today, largely go through the motions.

Rangers continually have this strange statistical anomaly - free kicks won, more than the other team / yellow cards conceded, more than the other team.
It’s quite a pattern.
Strange thing eh . It’s almost as if our players are booked for their first or second fouls , while other teams are allowed 5 or 6 before a card is issued .

Good result in the circumstances. Fantastic to keep the home record going. Feels like we're just cranking up again after the break. Need to accelerate now !

Oh and what a dirty team we are - 3 bookings ffs !

Where last week was played at a constant high tempo this was more stop start . Better class of opposition but I thought we have them too much respect and space . Borna didn’t have his best game but we won again , scored two good goals but we need to try to get shots off instead of looking for another pass .
We move on onwards and upwards.

Looked like we were out for a knock about. And having said that, most of our problems were self inflicted.

Two great goals scored, bad goal conceded but three points and no obvious injuries. Happy enough with that.

Just need to refocus now and make sure we get our sharpness and intensity back for next week.

3 points. Hibs got a lucky goal to make it a wee bit, but not much, slightly nervy final minutes. Borna had by his standards, a difficult game. Weird. Still, we controlled the game, unbeaten in 17 at Ibrox and a brilliant goal from Kent. Need to step up for next week.

Good 3 points but worrying signs in there, the midfield without jack is a shadow of the side from earlier in the season. Play that midfield next week and they will run all over us, players mentality now looks like the seasons finished and it's hard to turn that back on, especially when they have found some form.

Has the feel of an end of season game, after a decent start we have become a little slack and sloppy, allowing Hibs to end the half on top.

Hibs are a side that loves to counter attack, especially given the pace both Boyle and Doug possess.

Hopefully put this game to bed with a quick 2nd.
That's what I think mate and in 1st gear we still looked far more likely to win, than that mental 5-5 game Vs Hivs

I think it's fair to have concerns regarding the cup game.

Balogan was rag-dolled at The Piggery and Boyle made a mug of Borna on the other side today.

As others have said, Ryan Jack stops these balls.

You can't trust Kamara and Aribo to do that over 90 mins.

RTV died for me post match. Still not good enough considering the money we are paying for VST’s. Buffering second half also.

Good win, poor performance overall, but the benefit being the team will realise they need to improve for next week.
Big Bornas worst game that ive seen him play...was all over the place today.
However as champions do...they win despite playing poorly.
Then you should have seen him for Croatia against Portugal.

was not pretty!

Bit of quality with both goals. Helander and Patterson played well.

Every bit an end of season game with nothing really running on it. We will need to go up a few levels next week.

Barisic awful, Kamara not much better, Roofe and Morales untidy. But didn't look as if they were any injuries and no suspensions for next week, so a win and no harm done.

Not so much a kick in the posterior for next week, more of a game to get back up to speed.
Who the heck is Morales ?

Bit of quality with both goals. Helander and Patterson played well.

Every bit an end of season game with nothing really running on it. We will need to go up a few levels next week.
And we will, there's another 3 games that will play out exactly like that in the league. The 2 OF games will have all the intensity in the world

Back