Neil Lennon Taking 55 Well

Genuinely surprised at the amount of people thinking the videos are out of order. Let it be clear that if it were an ex bear in that state (Ally for example), then the reptiles would be doing the exact same thing, and there wouldn't be an ounce of remorse. Also, it's not really relevant to say "we've all been there" as most of us are not in the public glare like Lennon is. What was he expecting to happen when he went out and got wrecked? He knew, and probably would not be surprised that someone would film him. Social media and phone cameras do have a lot to answer for sure, but they are a part of modern life, and if you are a public figure, and don't want to be splattered all over Twitter, then just behave yourself - simple. There is not one single public figure that wouldn't get filmed and put on Twitter if they were in this state. Right or wrong, it's what happens, and the faux surprise and indignation is quite astonishing to be honest.

He's got a terrible reputation in his public life and private life too for being a confrontational, arrogant and nasty indivudual.

He does look a mess in the videos, but I'd say he's probably just absolutely pished as opposed to on a downward spiral of mental health.

To add, people who video things like this, or other incidents, are wankers.
Where does this reputation in Scotland/the Scottish press exist as I have yet, in two decades, witnessed any evidence of this?

The rhat is a protected species up here, no matter what his behaviour, public and private has been.

Has Neic been airbrushed out of Shellick history yet ?

Big JK will have been the man who got offered the job in the showers after Brendan by the end of the day, Neic worked for a separate entity....

It's hilarious. But each to their own.

For two decades he injected sectarian poison into Scottish football, the likes of which it had neverr seen before. He got away with it because his fan bhoys in the press were on board and the others too scared to tell the truth.

Fc_uk him.

I've been quoted quite a bit in here, but not once have I said I had any sympathy for him.

I just said it wasn't that funny to see.

A big difference.

No it's just snidey as f.uck. We've all been there thankfully they didn't have phone cameras when I were a lad.
We’re you as repugnant an individual as him , we’re you in the public eye , ? Not really comparable then , without wishing to offend , but no one would really be interested in your pissed up antics , TLB knows what he’ll get ,

I see it mentioned, and have heard it before, that Neil Lennon is an alchy. There is a World of difference between someone actually addicted to alcohol (or any other thing) and a person without any self control or common sense who over indulges.

In any case I suspect you can file that claim alongside the mental health and other professional victim stuff hes used over the years to deflect his stupidity.

If someone followed him around all-day, everyday with a camera Id wager you see this stuff and similar all too frequently.

Some people acting shocked that he bolted to Carlisle ASAP to get blootered haven’t been paying attention. He bolted to Dubai just a few months ago. I have no doubt lennon pushed that through and that’s why he reacted how he did when it was criticised. Seems if there’s a pub open, neic will find it.

That we might have learned a bit of sympathy for people with alcohol problems?

I know a good few folk with what could be considered 'alcohol problems'.
However, very few are absolute bigoted cùnts to supporters of a bloody rival football team.

He courts controversy, he can't handle his Stella.

His 2ic at Bolton, Mjjalby, told me in a pub, he was out to keep 'Lenny' out of trouble.

He was right, within no time, he got the ire of Fans just talking to him.
Nobody was allowed to have an opinion about football because his word/views were God-like as he had played & managed the game. His arrogance was jaw-dropping.

A lot of people seem to be seeing this as part of some kind of downward spirral of mental health rather than just someone who's drank his weight in Stella.

Regardless, like the gang fight in The Meadows (Edinburgh) it's the people with the phones out filming everything that I despise the most.

In years to come people will look back at this era, the dawn of the internet etc and be shocked at how poorly policed it was. Anonymity is obviously something we all take advantage of but it might be the first thing to go when things inevitably get tightened up but the big one for me is some laws to come into place where secretly filming someone without permission then posting it online for the world to see should result in some kind of prosecution.

It's shit behaviour and can ruin people either socially or professionally...which of course can lead to all sorts of mental health problems.

I find myself getting irritated when I'm out somewhere and half the people have the phones out to film whatever it is. It's like looking round at Zombies/Robots holding a device in their hands like some disturbing Sci fi.

We were in the club and songs like Penny Arcade were being belted out.

I look around and people are filming as everyone is going mental.

One bad word and that person could be sacked.

Genuinely surprised at the amount of people thinking the videos are out of order. Let it be clear that if it were an ex bear in that state (Ally for example), then the reptiles would be doing the exact same thing, and there wouldn't be an ounce of remorse. Also, it's not really relevant to say "we've all been there" as most of us are not in the public glare like Lennon is. What was he expecting to happen when he went out and got wrecked? He knew, and probably would not be surprised that someone would film him. Social media and phone cameras do have a lot to answer for sure, but they are a part of modern life, and if you are a public figure, and don't want to be splattered all over Twitter, then just behave yourself - simple. There is not one single public figure that wouldn't get filmed and put on Twitter if they were in this state. Right or wrong, it's what happens, and the faux surprise and indignation is quite astonishing to be honest.
I think people have to remember the abuse goram and novo to name a few suffer to these cunts

Until NL addresses his drinking issues and what causes it,he’s in the public eye and fair game.

CBT and other councillors will help but I feel he don’t want help and wants to drink himself to death.

There is a lot of folk who want help and need help,at this time it looks like NL does not and looks on the outside that he thinks he doesn’t have a drinking issue.

Other stories leaking from CP when he was in charge and the state’s he’s in these days tell another story.

He looks terrible and that picture of him before last years old firm still looking pished pre match suggests he has an issue alright.

A lot of people on here quick to forget Paul Gascoigne.
This is a silly comparison really man. Firstly, I'll state I hate all woman - beaters. Not just to look good and PC but because from my father to other people (like TLB) they were all bas*ards with their hands.

Now Paul Gascoigne has had mental health issues that have been publicly well known since the 90s. His illness has completely overshadowed his life in the past two decades. Not simply domestic abuse but many, many factors. He has been filmed 24/7 even before the advent of smartphones, humiliated in the press and came out and dealt or trying to deal with his demons.

There is no, and never will be any comparison to him and Lurgan.

There but for the grace of God...

If the guy was drowning I would try to save him. I would not judge him, I would want to save him.

Maybe I am not as staunch as some, but I would still try and save all of you. If you could do the same for me then my family would appreciate it.
Not think you're maybe going a bit too far. The guy is pished from drinking all day in a place he shouldn't even be allowed in and you're talking about saving him from drowning. How can you even compare they 2 scenarios?

Staggering that the only article in the media about this is mccoist slaughtering the guy that took the video

I am absolutely sick of people using mental health as a get out of jail free card, it makes a mockery of people with genuine issues.

We are talking about a millionaire bigot who threatens woman with knives here.

I don't remember Hitler getting a lot of sympathy for his mental health problems and drug dependency.

I'm not comparing Lennon to him directly, obviously, but an arsehole is an arsehole.

I've been quoted quite a bit in here, but not once have I said I had any sympathy for him.

I just said it wasn't that funny to see.

A big difference.
I hate the thought I'd ever be arguing with a fellow Rangers fan over this slug.

The bottom line is, I coudn't care less whatever happens to this repugnant littel rodent in the future. I'll remember him for the stain he brought to the game here for two decades unchecked.

He’s not an alcoholic.
Exactly! Just a lady's front bottom that blames everybody else for his problems and the volatile situations he ends up in.

I feel a great sense of joy watching that video. I couldn’t have dreamt this is how the season would play out. %^*& Neil Lennon. The mind boggles how our fans seem to forget what an absolute scumbag he is.

the video is hilarious and if that makes me a monster so be it.

Are you actually Jesus?
Funnily enough I have been asked this before. Obviously I am not the real Jesus. just a Jesus impersonator.

Don't knock it . Between the live shows and the online miracle sales I do pretty well out of it. Doing a double bill with Elvis is a pain in the arse though.

Do you want me to send you my miracles catalogue? The lucky dip range is particularly good value.

Exactly! Just a lady's front bottom that blames everybody else for his problems and the volatile situations he ends up in.

I feel a great sense of joy watching that video. I couldn’t have dreamt this is how the season would play out. %^*& Neil Lennon. The mind boggles how our fans seem to forget what an absolute scumbag he is.

the video is hilarious and if that makes me a monster so be it.
Hear hear brother

Not think you're maybe going a bit too far. The guy is pished from drinking all day in a place he shouldn't even be allowed in and you're talking about saving him from drowning. How can you even compare they 2 scenarios?
why should he not have been there?

The amount of Bears here coming up with excuses/sympathy for The Lurgan Flopp is astounding.

this is a guy who, if they did the Terry Munro, would have been encouraging his players to tie Timmy scarves on the goalposts at Ibrox in celebration. He’d have been dancing down the street and shouting it from the rooftops.

he can get stuffed.

Very surprised about the outpouring of grief here. I’m an addict so don’t tell me I don’t understand. Can’t think of many people better to be suffering in this way. I would say this is binge drinking, I hope it isn’t.

Back