Dream Friendly?

The Punisher

After the announcement that we will play Arsenal in a friendly for the 150th year celebration, who would be your dream friendly at Ibrox?

Away friendlies are good for the trip.
Home friendlies not that exciting :cool:

Real, Barca or when Maradona played with them Napoli.

Just to say i had seen some of the best players in the world in the flesh.

She wouldn't last 2 mins lol.
All mouth.

Serious talk though I'd have loved an Ibrox tournament again.

Possibly inviting teams from around the world who have taken our name and weve inspired, theres a few in Africa, Zambia and Kenya I think and in south America too.

Or iconic opposition that retell our narrative like Arsenal (shares), Linfield who played us when were down and out and Dynamo.

Or a mini tournament of teams referenced in our songs:

Wolverhampton w
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Dundee
Hamilton
Vatican city

Last edited:
After the announcement that we will play Arsenal in a friendly for the 150th year celebration, who would be your dream friendly at Ibrox?
Stopped going to friendlies 25 years ago as they’re a waste of space where players can feck up their whole seasons as getting injured at the start of a season means the team get up to speed and when the injured come back say missing 5 games take 4 games to get up to the same levels but in doing so hinder the team basically carrying a player.

I understand why we have friendlies but not for me, we used to have a Blue team v a white team pre season game that I enjoyed

I would love is to play at the Bernabeu but want it to be a competitive match.

At Ibrox, I'd enjoy anyone who brought thousands of fans and didn't come the wideo. Really enjoyed the Chelsea friendly when Sebo scored. Great atmosphere, very friendly but competitive.

The 9 in a row winning side then swap to Advocaats team for the second half.

(you did say dream)

All friendlies are a bit pish and I’d rather draw a glamour club like Madrid in Europe, so I’ll say someone that we wouldn’t ever meet in competitive play - a Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, something along those lines.

Back