Best Short-Lived Chants

SecondBestIsNothing

The Loco-Motion came on the radio today and anytime I hear it I think of us singing “C’mon Stubbsy, do the no-promotion”. For me it’s one of the funniest chants we’ve ever hit out with.

It got me thinking what great chants we’ve used that may have only been used once or occasionally that you loved?

Not the best but certainly one of the most cringworthy was when the Tims sang 'there's only one united and that's a f**king biscuit' to Dundee Hivs years ago.

Oh Carlos Cuellar you are the love of my life
Oh Carlos Cueller I’d let you shag my wife
Oh Carlos Cuellar, I want curly hair too!

And

Nananana nananana na na!
nananananananananaanaa
He’s 6ft 3, got got curly hair
His teeth are fucked but wee don’t Carlos Cuellar the Rangers centre half!

Glad that phase is over of shite songs for players because the young team had to find one for everyone. Sasa Papac to the tune of Heartbeat but with virtually no lyrics springs to mind.

Everybody at that game was out their tits. Great atmosphere, one of my favourite ever away days.
4-1 wasn’t it? Was a bit like the Easter road game I think it was year before, everyone steaming enjoying themselves. Makes me miss it more watching old videos

Reactions: TN8
Ibrox stadium circa 1970. Bernadettes a Cow Bernadettes a Cow e i o ma daddio Bernadettes a Cow.
Also around the same time. If you'd fight for Londonderry clap your hands, if you'd fight for Londonderry clap your hands, if you'd fight for Londonderry fight for Londonderry fight for Londonderry clap your hands....Que everyone in the old original Derry at Ibrox clapping their hands.

Can you do the Nikki Lauda, Nikki Lauda, Nikki Lauda
Can you do the Nikki Lauda, Nikki Lauda, Nikki Lauauauauda
Oh Fück ma heids on fire .....
Repeat whilst slapping the top of you head...
Graz 2000

Short lived as their managers..
Cheer up Tommy Burns, oh what can it mean......
Cheer up Dr Jo, oh what can it mean.....
Cheer up monkeyheid, oh what can it mean......
Cheer up John Barnes, oh what can it mean.....

Back