500k Merch Sales

I tried to work it out earlier but didn't really know the average cost per item I just guessed it was about £40 and that works out at £20 million in total before Castore take their cut don't know if that's a conservative estimate or not

Listening to the webinar and it was mentioned that sales are at about 500k units across kits, lifestyle etc.

What do we think the average sale value is to turn that into a £ value?
I'd say most people spend atleast £50 on merchandise but alot will be higher.

No idea on margins etc but I'd guess well over £10m to the club.

I tried to work it out earlier but didn't really know the average cost per item I just guessed it was about £40 and that works out at £20 million in total before Castore take their cut don't know if that's a conservative estimate or not
I think that would be about right. Definitely not on the high side anyway.

A lot of low value items such as keyring and phone cases will pull the average down but I don't think £30 will be too far away.

Does anyone know how it compares to either ours or Castore's forecasts?

Do deals like this work like people have mentioned above? My understanding for modern kit deals now is that Castore give us money up front and claim pretty much 100% of sales back. If a threshold of units or sales is met we then make a lump sum or a higher percentage of sales?? Unsure though

Do deals like this work like people have mentioned above? My understanding for modern kit deals now is that Castore give us money up front and claim pretty much 100% of sales back. If a threshold of units or sales is met we then make a lump sum or a higher percentage of sales?? Unsure though
We make a % of every sale apparently. Its why fat boy didn't match.

I've spent a fair amount on merchandise this season. So far for me:

- 3x home tops
- 1x junior home top
- 3x adult retro tops
- 1x adult retro shorts
- 1x junior retro top and shorts
- 4x 55 mugs
- 1x 55 bucket hat
- 2x 55 caps
- 1x celebration party box
- those 55 programmes (the two of them)
- 2x 55 scarves
- the latest end of season training gear just released (top, vest and bottoms).
- champions sliders
- 2x 55 face masks

I feel I'm missing some more but only sale items I've actually Purchased was the professional junior top that I got today with the end of season training gear.

A lot of low value items such as keyring and phone cases will pull the average down but I don't think £30 will be too far away.
Most of the clothing is over £40 though and the most expensive stuff is in the hundreds so that was the balance I was trying to strike but you may be right

Love to find out at some point in the future how much the club will make for the 55th league title merchandise,I imagine it will pretty impressive.

I've spent a fair amount on merchandise this season. So far for me:

- 3x home tops
- 1x junior home top
- 3x adult retro tops
- 1x adult retro shorts
- 1x junior retro top and shorts
- 4x 55 mugs
- 1x 55 bucket hat
- 2x 55 caps
- 1x celebration party box
- those 55 programmes (the two of them)
- 2x 55 scarves
- the latest end of season training gear just released (top, vest and bottoms).
- champions sliders
- 2x 55 face masks

I feel I'm missing some more but only sale items I've actually Purchased was the professional junior top that I got today with the end of season training gear.
Ffs, no chocolate :p

I’m sure Castore said the target was 400k units sold and that would be a successful season. If that is the case then I’d imagine we will be getting a good cut of profit from the units over that amount.

This article from late last year suggests that football clubs, in general, make between 7.5%-15% from shirt sales. No idea how accurate that might be.

I’d say that’s probably accurate to be honest.

Always makes me laugh when someone makes the bullshit statement of ‘has already paid for his £100m transfer fee in shirt sales’

You’d have to sell half a billion shirts to do that!

My guess would be the club will have made around £7m-9m from the deal this season.

Potential to earn even more once crowds are back, the new shops open and if castore can learn lessons from this seasons quality issues

Always makes me laugh when someone makes the bullshit statement of ‘has already paid for his £100m transfer fee in shirt sales’

There is absolutely no chance we are only getting between 7.5%- 15%. We are guaranteed £5m then a cut after an agreed total. Going with the 15% we would only be due £3m as it stands. I think we will be looking at between £6-£7m.

Great sales at the start, followed by all the Champions merchandise at the end of the season would be colossal.

Finally the club are getting the true financial benefit of our magnificent fan base.

Will be interesting to see the clubs accounts in to 30 June .... commercial revenue will be through the roof in comparison to previous years

if it’s not there’s something far wrong

Listening to the webinar and it was mentioned that sales are at about 500k units across kits, lifestyle etc.

What do we think the average sale value is to turn that into a £ value?
I don’t have a season ticket as I live away so I try and buy stuff to get money into the club, this season I’ve bought.

All 3 juniors kits
Infant kit home
Adult home top
Adult retro top
Adult Trading gilet
Adult trading sweatshirts x 2
3 scarves
Adult ski hat
Kids ski hat
Kids baseball hat
4 lanyards
2 water bottles
2 footballs
2 flask mugs
2 adult castore/rangers T-shirt
2 x teddy bears

Also a castore hoody

I’ve probably missed some things but I reckon it’s a good few quid, a couple of sale items but still a lot, I think. I would have bought more but for lack of sizing.

Seems a fair enough estimate to me.

The interview the Beahon brothers did at the signing of the deal.
Had a look on the 4 lads blog you’re right enough, I was sure the starting point was £5m. They do go on to say though that we could earn as much as £9m per season so hopefully the numbers we’re shifting will give us a decent return.

Had a look on the 4 lads blog you’re right enough, I was sure the starting point was £5m. They do go on to say though that we could earn as much as £9m per season so hopefully the numbers we’re shifting will give us a decent return.
It will be interesting to see the accounts,with the amount of merchandise bought i'd like to think we're at least doubling that initial £3m payment.

no we have a deal that gives upfront then you get more from the sales after you have hit the targets in the contract. Think it will be worth about 10 million this year with the amount of sales nxt year prob double with 150 and 55 WATP

Some wild estimates on here, people thinking an average price of 50 or even 40 are well off the mark, 20-30 would be more realistic when you factor in the volume of smaller priced items and the ones sold on sale.

Also crazy ideas that we get anything like 50% of revenue after a point, we might get 50% of profits but thats a totally different story if we even get that.

We should make 3-5 million which is a decent amount and money we didn't have before

Would be a lot more sales if stock wasn't constantly out of stock.
Agreed.

They've missed out on probably best part of £200 quid from me alone, based on out of stock items.

Stock levels need a significant improvement for next season.

There is absolutely no chance we are only getting between 7.5%- 15%. We are guaranteed £5m then a cut after an agreed total. Going with the 15% we would only be due £3m as it stands. I think we will be looking at between £6-£7m.

Where did I say we are?

I’m sure they will. They had never dealt with anyone with the demand of Rangers before and were caught out a bit.
Hopefully mate.

They'll now have Wolves and Newcastle in their stable and possibly a Serie A side, so they can't afford to drop the ball with us.

I have bought all 5 strips this year plus 2 kids strips plus 2 for my brother.

I actually think I have spent more money on Rangers gear this year than the past 5-6 years combined. I know for a fact people are in the same boat as me and we as a fanbase can not underestimate how much this helps the club.

Those complaining about the revenue lost to out of stock items may want to be careful who they are blaming and what they wish for.

One of the clauses that got everyone all wound up with SD was Rangers being responsible for deciding on the number of units for each article and liable to pay SD for any remaining articles at the end of each accounting period. That is fairly standard practice in 3rd party retail deals and is probably part of the current deal. There is greater risk in over-ordering than underestimating and re-ordering.

Margin-wise, 15% is high-end for sportswear. Castore items may make a bit more from being perceived as premium but I have no idea what our share might be of any excess profits.

Very encouranging number of units sold though. Hopefully we start picking up some sales to non-fans through our performances in Europe and some of our international players getting more recognition.

I think we will be looking at 5m-8m profit a season in retail then going by those figures, including the 3m annual downpayment in that

Must be close to £20M in sales I reckon.

Superb start. If they can sort out their quality and demand for next season then we could do £30M easy.

Back