Rangers ‘Dream-scene’

Robert California

Was covered by Stewart Robertson yesterday on the New Edmiston House interview, they plan to have a large ‘mural’ called ‘Dream-scene’ depicting images of famous players and imagery from our history.

So I thought id start a thread for suggestions, as SR said they would be soliciting feedback nearer the time.

What you got?

From my lifetime id like to see:

Souness and Smith post-match at pittodrie 1987

Graham Roberts conducting choir (controversial but bold)

Marv on his knees at Easter Road

Nacho celebrating pen in Florence

Alfie knee smide

Was covered by Stewart Robertson yesterday on the New Edmiston House interview, they plan to have a large ‘mural’ called ‘Dream-scene’ depicting images of famous players and imagery from our history.

So I thought id start a thread for suggestions, as SR said they would be soliciting feedback nearer the time.

What you got?

From my lifetime id like to see:

Souness and Smith post-match at pittodrie 1987

Graham Roberts conducting choir (controversial but bold)

Marv on his knees at Easter Road

Nacho celebrating pen in Florence

Alfie knee smide
Papac in Florence

McCann celebrating after his second at the Piggery.

Lovenkrands at Hampden

McCoist v Leeds at Elland Road

Ferguson lifting 50th title

Gazza 8 in a row.

John Greig in the sunglasses with the ECWC.

Not my lifetime, but this 100%

09-B06-C4-F-D931-41-AE-A123-358107409179.jpg

Gotta have all our great captains in it somewhere and managers too actually. Would be good to have them somewhere in all together conversing.

The replies so far in this thread show why I hope this is very carefully thought out. We have 150 glorious years of history to cover and it shouldn't fall into the trap of being heavily weighted towards our recent past. It's quite a daunting task actually.

John Brown at the protest outside Ibrox. That brutal era needs commemorated in some way.

Also, the name Walter has not appeared once on this page yet. Not sure which is the most iconic image, but I think of him holding up the league trophy on the pitch at Ibrox.

Struth at his desk.

Durrant after 87 LC Final penalty.

The replies so far in this thread show why I hope this is very carefully thought out. We have 150 glorious years of history to cover and it shouldn't fall into the trap of being heavily weighted towards our recent past. It's quite a daunting task actually.
Agreed.

It has to capture all era’s

Would be good if they found a way to push the boat out and made it a big long video wall. Could incorporate stills and short videos of historical moments too. Could easily incorporate captions / subtitles. Option to refresh it every so often.

Just a thought.
This could be done with built in QR codes within the scene.
Within each part of the scene where, for example, the mural shows Super scoring, then scan over with your phone and you'd see the actual footage on your phone.

Claiming this idea as my own now !! :)

Laudrup header at Tannadice.

Hateley volley v Leeds

Ray Wilkins Volley v them

Super Ally Overhead kick v Hibs

Goram save from Van Hooijdonk

Laudrup SCF v Hearts

Marvin Andrews on his knees

Gazza when he was unveiled to the fans at the front door of the main stand / or Gazza 8iar V Sheep.

Any one of the brilliant goals Albertz scored

Walter Smith with the treble!

Gerrard when he was unveiled in the blue room at the point where he said “Lets go”

The current team celebrating with the fans in the corner at the gates at the Copland / or celebrating in the dressing room after

Not sure how you would get this into the dream scene, and probably better suited to some where else in the museum, but I would quite like some kind of “feature” made of The Rod Wallace goal v Dortmund. Great goals came into my mind when I was thinking of suggestions for the dream scene, and this goal is a special team goal, and probably epitomised how Advocaat wanted Rangers to play. Until he arrived I’d only really known Walters way. Perhaps a feature on the best 10 goals scored by Rangers, or a walk through the years of the best goal of each seasons! Sorry side tracked hugely there! So many great memories - really looking forward to the museum opeming

I’m 35, so can only remember so far back, but you are absolutely spot on. I would really like to see and learn more of the history from further back. Learn more about the great teams of the 60s and 70s and even earlier still.

This is the best thread I’ve read in a while. Shut your eyes and you can feel some of these moments again. This painting will need to be the length of PRW.

I didn’t see the interview. Is this going to be inside? If so I’d hope they go with a video wall. As another poster said QR codes could provide more on the event like footage of goals etc.
Would I be right in thinking this is for the new museum? While static displays of things like trophies and that are great there has to be a more “hands on” or CG way of interacting with exhibits. The WW2 museum in New Orleans is fantastic and they have a huge hall with aircraft suspended from the roof and you can get up close with walkways that let you see the planes from different angles and all that. A great static display of objects. We obviously don’t do planes but you have to think about how you can best get the visitors to engage with what’s there.
I was at the Hampden Experience when they were doing the 5p entry. I thought it was really well done then. We have to be better than that.

Back