Record view

A significant number,approximately 1.5 million people voted for Brexit in Scotland.I voted to remain but if the vote was held again I would be pro Brexit.The record should stop selectively mixing politics with football.
The players have made their own decision to stand against racism rather than kneel,that is their choice.
If the record really cares about racism I will look forward to their front page spread when a section of the tartan army boo the National Anthem and display anti Englixh racism.
fkin spot on M8. who decided the "corries" tune was our new anthem.??? And I don't recall being asked about it

Were Scotland being racist by not kneeling?
No, because they explained why they were doing it. Showing solidarity with the English players kneeling while being booed by racists is the right thing to do. Standing up against racism is what the Scotland players decided and they are right to do that too.

The so called "traumatic distress of 1978" was caused by the hype created by rags like the record. Poor Ally Mcleod was later hung out to dry by the SFA and the Scottish media. World cups of 74, 78, & 82 were great times to live through. Hopefully our younger supporters will get the same opportunity!
Don't recall any distress from 78 for me it was and still is the best one ever. The theme music, staying up late, Mario kempes, ticker-tape, Argentina manager smoking in the dug-out, I fckn loved every minute of it, I honestly thought we were coming back with the world Cup as did most of us. And even way back then the daily rebel was at the forefront of the send off extravaganza then 1st to lay the boot in with "buds" hayfever/drugs then Ally Mc clown. Also "while am raging" big DJ had scored in two (maybe 3) of the home internationals and never got a kick in Argentina..... And the headline from all of this when the squad came back was along the lines of... Iran-Peru Scotlands worst national drink

I think it might just be the hypocrisy and we as a support should know all about that in this backwater.
Our players said no. End of.
Again, all views are available and valid enough on this, I just cannot imagine going to watch my team and booing those playing for us before the game starts.

True, no issues with racism in the world at all.
I couldnt care less wether they take the knee or not, if that makes me racist, then that's a very low bar.

If black sportsmen are commenting that it's now became meaningless, then who am I or anyone else to disagree with them.

What racism are we talking about here? skin colour or the anti irish racism that we as Rangers fans have been roundly accused of.

The entire nationalist cult is built on Scottish exceptionalism.

Regarding Brexit, there wasn't a Scottish vote there was a UK vote and the BRITISH people voted to leave the corrupt EU, while we had the chance to escape its clutches.

As for generalising fans who voice their displeasure at the BLM kneeling gesture as "far-right", they cannot possibly know what motivates them, but the Daylate Rebel is good at stigmatising those they don't like. .
Thankfully, this forum is the only time I see anything from that anti-Rangers rag and they can stick their view up their proverbial.

That isn't caving to a 'woke mob' it's doing the right thing. They'll stand and continue as they are for the two Hampden games but show solidarity with the England players who are being booed by the idiots in their support. Spot on from Scotland. Would have looked awful if they stood while racists booed the England team for kneeling
Your fooling yourself if you think no scotland fan will boo.
Have a look on social media majority are disgusted.

No, because they explained why they were doing it. Showing solidarity with the English players kneeling while being booed by racists is the right thing to do. Standing up against racism is what the Scotland players decided and they are right to do that too.
Bit of a embarrassing empty statement when they don’t take the knee in the other 2 games especially against the ******* Czechs.

Yet you arent affording every England Fan who has booed the taking of the knee, the opportunity to give you their reasons for booing, they're all racists anyway in your book. They don't get a chance to put their point of view across?

Lovely stuff.

Again, all views are available and valid enough on this, I just cannot imagine going to watch my team and booing those playing for us before the game starts.
Same for me. I don’t think taking the knee makes any difference to the mindset of people who are racist, but I certainly wouldn’t boo Rangers players for doing it

I couldnt care less wether they take the knee or not, if that makes me racist, then that's a very low bar.

If black sportsmen are commenting that it's now became meaningless, then who am I or anyone else to disagree with them.

What racism are we talking about here? skin colour or the anti irish racism that we as Rangers fans have been roundly accused of.
I agree, black players should be listened to more than any. That's why I agree that standing for the two games is a good thing, but it's also important to show solidarity with the England players. I also never said you're racist for not caring whether people take the knee or not, but those who openly boo it are racist, there's no other way to describe them.
Your fooling yourself if you think no scotland fan will boo.
Have a look on social media majority are disgusted.
Where have I said no Scotland fan will boo? Of course there is idiots in the Scotland support.
Bit of a embarrassing empty statement when they don’t take the knee in the other 2 games especially against the ******* Czechs.
For the same reason Rangers stopped standing up. If they chose to stand up I'd back that, but I also think it's a great thing that they are showing solidarity with England's players who have been abused for it.
Yet you arent affording every England Fan who has booed the taking of the knee, the opportunity to give you their reasons for booing, they're all racists anyway in your book. They don't get a chance to put their point of view across?

Lovely stuff.
What explanation is there? No doubt we'll get the buzz words of marxism and 'no politics in football' and nonsense like that. If you're anti-racist but don't believe kneeling is the way then fine, stay silent. If you boo it you're putting it out there that you're racist.

I agree, black players should be listened to more than any. That's why I agree that standing for the two games is a good thing, but it's also important to show solidarity with the England players. I also never said you're racist for not caring whether people take the knee or not, but those who openly boo it are racist, there's no other way to describe them.

Where have I said no Scotland fan will boo? Of course there is idiots in the Scotland support.

For the same reason Rangers stopped standing up. If they chose to stand up I'd back that, but I also think it's a great thing that they are showing solidarity with England's players who have been abused for it.

What explanation is there? No doubt we'll get the buzz words of marxism and 'no politics in football' and nonsense like that. If you're anti-racist but don't believe kneeling is the way then fine, stay silent. If you boo it you're putting it out there that you're racist.

And the Black players who have came out against it like Lyle Taylor, he a racist as well against his own race? Makes perfect sense.

And the Black players who have came out against it like Lyle Taylor, he a racist as well against his own race? Makes perfect sense.
Does Lyle Taylor boo players who take the knee? No. He, Kamara, Goldson and plenty of others have put forward good views on it and many of them I agree with. But if you boo those taking the knee you are racist, it’s not hard to understand the difference between those idiots and the likes of Lyle Taylor.

Does Lyle Taylor boo players who take the knee? No. He, Kamara, Goldson and plenty of others have put forward good views on it and many of them I agree with. But if you boo those taking the knee you are racist, it’s not hard to understand the difference between those idiots and the likes of Lyle Taylor.
Disagree with that.

Vast majority are booing what BLM really stands for and it’s nothing to do with black lives.

Disgraceful statement.

And wrong.

A very sensitive and complex subject that many have weaponised for the wrong self serving reasons and to shut down debate.

Our club and our support have been and are victims of it.

Disagree with that.

Vast majority are booing what BLM really stands for and it’s nothing to do with black lives.

Black Lives Matter and black lives matter are different things. Do you really think the England players are kneeling to defund the police and all the rest? If you do you're an idiot.
Disgraceful statement.

And wrong.
It's really not. Why else are they booing?

Black Lives Matter and black lives matter are different things. Do you really think the England players are kneeling to defund the police and all the rest? If you do you're an idiot.

It's really not. Why else are they booing?
So you've gone for the "I don't know why they're booing - so it must be racism!" angle. This is lazy and completely misses the point.

Racism is an abomination and to be labelled a racist is one of the worst things you can be labelled. For me, it's only one step down from - or perhaps on a par with - being called a nonce. It is completely out of order to accuse others of racism so blithely.

You have stated that Black Lives Matter is separate from taking a knee. Perhaps it should be - but it isn't.

Many people of colour - such as Wilfried Zaha, John Barnes and Les Ferdinand - have criticised taking a knee. Zaha has described it as "degrading" and an "empty gesture". He disapproves of it. So do many England fans. Some choose to boo, others don't.

What has taking a knee actually achieved? Have any former racists renounced their bigoted views due to seeing some wealthy young footballers kneeling down a football pitch? I somehow doubt it.

At best, it's well intentioned. At worst, it's hollow virtue signalling. Either way, it's pointless.

I don’t really know why anyone would represent their country in the situation where the country’s supporters are booing them before a ball has even been kicked. I’ve felt the same about Rangers players getting booed onto the pitch at Scotland games.
And what has happened as a result of that f##k all. And those rangers players being booed have done nothing wrong other than play for our club.. Hypocritical shite mate. Quick enough too label our club and support as anti Irish, anti Catholic, but no mention of anti rangers from snp, sfa, or Scottish media. So f%ck them all.

Similar to the Herald, and Evening Tims. Changed days, both newspapers used to be fair and balanced, not now. Scum lovers.
It's the spinelessness of the Record that sickens me.

It used to be Labour to its core, and pro-Union. But since Labour have been struggling, the Record have shown themselves to be a fairweather friend indeed.

I'm not even a Labour supporter!

I honestly think you are misreading the whole thing. Surely they are booing the powers that be for not doing anything re racism, what other way have supporters got of showing their feelings (even in stadia that's quarter full) and also with limited numbers now being allowed in do you think just the "far right" or " racists" are somehow given priority regards tickets. Plz do not label me as a racist because of my way of thinking, the last 15 mins or so of the Prague game left me feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. And that was before knowing what was actually said to GK.

I honestly think you are misreading the whole thing. Surely they are booing the powers that be for not doing anything re racism, what other way have supporters got of showing their feelings (even in stadia that's quarter full) and also with limited numbers now being allowed in do you think just the "far right" or " racists" are somehow given priority regards tickets. Plz do not label me as a racist because of my way of thinking, the last 15 mins or so of the Prague game left me feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. And that was before knowing what was actually said to GK.
That makes no sense, how can they boo a well known symbol for anti-racism as a protest against racism?

Back