Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

Here’s a theory about why Tierney is missing.

Clarke and Tierney have fallen out.

I think the team have all been told to sing the ‘national anthem’ with gusto.

Tierney refused and hence he is out.

Before the kick off today every player sang every word.

However, in the past, Tierney has stood stoney faced and tight lipped at the ‘national anthem’. Also some other players didn’t sing.

The new enthusiasm the team sing the national anthem is marked.

Clarke was very vague about Tierney’s injury and moved his interview on very quickly.

Fanciful or crackpot?

:cool:
How much have you had to drink today?

However, in the past, Tierney has stood stoney faced and tight lipped at the ‘national anthem’. Also some other players didn’t sing.

Clarke was very vague about Tierney’s injury and moved his interview on very quickly.

Fanciful or crackpot?

Aye definitely happened. Tierney never gets injured so we can rule that out.

Fanciful or crackpot?

Crackpot

What a load of shite normal service has resumed playing back to the keeper from halfway how do you expect to score anything playing like that usual Tim’s in squad

Not a hope in hell. England will win comfortably, and after today’s showing I’m pretty sure Croatia will too.

The facts are that Scotland are only in this tournament because 1) it’s been expanded, and 2) there was a convoluted qualification process that effectively allowed countries two or three bites at the cherry, and even then we only scraped in by the skin of our teeth.

In short, we’re pish and will be found out at this level.
Scotland are the 3rd lowest ranked team of all qualifiers in the Tournament, and it shows. I understand people want to get optimistic but there has got to be a realisation that we are just not that good. I think it is a technical capability, we just cannot control and pass the ball at pace the way other countries can. I predicted 0 points and 0 goals across all 3 games and nothing today convinces me otherwise.

Clarke was always going to go with the tried and tested - even when it was clear that they weren't up to the job or indeed the best we had.

Not one person is surprised with that - he is a football dinosaur who has fluked his way into International management off the back of taking a bang average killie team and making them hard to beat and slightly better than the rest of the crap in the league.

He would have been found out at Killie and hunted as nobody ultimately wants to watch that brand of football but he sure has been found out now ...

Not a hope in hell. England will win comfortably, and after today’s showing I’m pretty sure Croatia will too.

The facts are that Scotland are only in this tournament because 1) it’s been expanded, and 2) there was a convoluted qualification process that effectively allowed countries two or three bites at the cherry, and even then we only scraped in by the skin of our teeth.

The frustrating thing about today though was that we had better players available but didn’t use them or brought them on as subs too late to make an impact.

Fraser, Nisbet, Adams all scored recently but starts with none of them.

Gilmour played well vs Luxembourg but doesn’t start. He clearly did better than McGregor but McGregor gets brought on as a sub ahead of him.

If any tims should have got a game it should have been Turnbull, the only one who was actually on form last season but he doesn’t get a look in.

Patterson has scored from right back in the Europa league but doesn’t get a chance as Clark goes for O’Donnell.

After the game Clark looked like he was talking about the darts match he just played down his local. Completely out his depth and he should be getting called out for it.

Fanciful or crackpot?

Full blown crackpottery

I think Marshall might have been trying to achieve his own "8.1 Km" target today.

Utterly ridiculous that you can saunter 40-yards off your goal line and not realise the possible consequences.

Well done to Shelley Kerr for calling it out.
Interesting that Schick said its something they've looked at and he seen he was wandering in the first half

Practically every European count had a realistic chance of qualifying except for the Vatican. :D

Clarke is a fanny. This team is honking and as usual people are disappointed with the result. Genuinely I am astonished bears actually bother. The people in charge of the game in this pox ridden republican shit hole we call Scotland would have been delighted if we had gone in 2012. Hopefully they get pumped in the next two games as well.
Suggest you move elsewhere

I’ll be honest.

Theres two impact players in the current Yaboo squad I I fear as impact players.

Griffiths and Forrest.

One made the impact l, one was wearing his uncles jacket in the main stand.

Thats on Clarke.

That game was crying out for a 60-70 minute impact players.

Che Adams was brilliant.

Sounds like republic of scotialand would have won it if biscuit hips hadnae been injured.

Well, thats what they're comin oot wi.

Scotland are the 3rd lowest ranked team of all qualifiers in the Tournament, and it shows. I understand people want to get optimistic but there has got to be a realisation that we are just not that good. I think it is a technical capability, we just cannot control and pass the ball at pace the way other countries can. I predicted 0 points and 0 goals across all 3 games and nothing today convinces me otherwise.
Yep.

Scotland 'qualified' not because they did well in qualification or earned their rightful place, but because they were given extra bites of the cherry via a losers route embedded in the 'Nations League' or whatever it was called.

In short, they really shouldn't be at this tournament as they didn't qualify through the normal routes which are based on the best teams and most points gained in qualification..

I want Patterson left out on Friday just as much as I wanted him in today.
If Patterson played against England and had a stormer, Rangers could name their price for him this Summer. For that reason alone, Nathan Patterson will not play against England. Actually, I’m perversely looking forward to seeing what that England attack does to O’Donnell - it will be grisly, but you won’t able to look away, like watching a rabbit thrown into a python’s cage.

If that's Strachan or McLeish in charge of our first game in 23 years at a major tournament they are getting ripped to shreds for team selection and performance.

Huge gap between midfield and attack, no width, no tempo, constant long balls and every second ball lost as there was no pressure.

Steve Clarke is a very, very poor manager and done absolutely nothing to change it and yet not a peep from any pundit to question that mess we witnessed today.

Barbour is in high spirits, despite the result.
There's an attitude of acceptance in defeat at international level that I'll never like. Too many Scotland fans have accepted we're average and don't care enough when we lose as long as they can put on their kilts and get pished.

You had Scotland down for a quite comfortable 6 points from Czech and Croatia. Thoughts now after your first taste of them at a major tournament?
The pundits and people in general (bar on here funnily enough) were getting a bit carried away by the possibility of Scotland being able to do well and the likelihood of it happening. Hard to blame a younger person for falling foul of it.

The amount of bad takes I'm seeing on Twitter is mental. Some saying Patterson shouldn't start because "he hasn't played in front of fans before in Scotland" Ignore the fact he has played but okay.

He's not played at a high enough level either. Again, ignore the fact that not 1 member of this Scotland team has played at a Euros or World Cup.

Scumbags should just come out and say I do not like him because he plays for Rangers.

If Patterson played against England and had a stormer, Rangers could name their price for him this Summer. For that reason alone, Nathan Patterson will not play against England. Actually, I’m perversely looking forward to seeing what that England attack does to O’Donnell - it will be grisly, but you won’t able to look away, like watching a rabbit thrown into a python’s cage.
I think it'll be Forrest at right wing back. I'm confident it won't be Patterson.
That being said, I was confident Christie wouldn't start today.

Fanciful or crackpot?

Kerrydale levels of nonsense, love it!

How is it that every other nation plays it’s young players but we have a manager who does not think they are experienced enough to deal with the occasion. At this rate Patterson and Gilmour will be in pipe and slippers before they are deemed old enough to play for their country.

An even game, 2 average teams, both teams had decent chances, they took 2 and we took 0. I think Dykes is out of his depth at this level, Adams should definitely have started. I think Clarke's subs in the 2nd half were a bit panicky and not needed because we were actually attacking well and creating situations. O'Donnell looked nervous from the start. None of our centre halves look convincing. Nisbet and Adams up front for me, Patterson at right back and Gilmour in midfield. Overall we have too many average players. Realistically we will finish bottom of the group now with probably zero points.

Clarke is a fanny. This team is honking and as usual people are disappointed with the result. Genuinely I am astonished bears actually bother. The people in charge of the game in this pox ridden republican shit hole we call Scotland would have been delighted if we had gone in 2012. Hopefully they get pumped in the next two games as well.
As said previously, I was actually a little astonished at how many genuinely felt we’d beat the Czechs. I had no real idea where that was confidence was coming from other than the couple of wins we recorded against them in the Nations League when they were ravaged by Covid.

You look at the squad and it’s all very meh, then you look at the trembling jakey on the sidelines and really the idea we’re getting anything from these games against countries with players that can actually do the basics quite competently is just fanciful in the extreme.

O’Donnell shouldn’t pull on a Scotland shirt again, he’s not good enough for Motherwell, never mind Scotland. Only in Scotland would we have an exciting, direct full back, experience of playing (and scoring) in the European latter stages, yet he doesn’t play in favour of a pub level player. Clarke needs sacked if he keeps picking his incompetent favourites.

O’Donnell shouldn’t pull on a Scotland shirt again, he’s not good enough for Motherwell, never mind Scotland. Only in Scotland would we have an exciting, direct full back, experience of playing (and scoring) in the European latter stages, yet he doesn’t play in favour of a pub level player. Clarke needs sacked if he keeps picking his incompetent favourites.
They can't sack the mastermind who got us to the Euros (by drawing against Israel and Serbia).

Just don't get Clark , chasing a game and brings on Mcgregor and Forrest one is poor all season and the other has not played for 9 months. Turnbull, Gilmour and Patterson are all better attacking players and have have at least a bit of form.
I can atleast give him a pass on Forrest. Forrest is a winger and atleast offered a threat. O'Donnell should've been off at halftime, he offered absolutely nothing. I'd have had Patterson but that's Clarke for you

2 nil down and bringing on McGregor is absolutely mind boggling. It was proved when he came on and offered absolutely nothing. Gilmour should have been on. He is far more creative and positive. Worst of it is we know McGregor will now probably start on Friday.

My team on Friday.
McLaughlin
Patterson Hanley Cooper Tierney Robertson
McTominay Gilmour
McGinn
Dykes Adams

What Clarke will go with
Marshall
O'Donnell Hendry Cooper Tierney Robertson
McTominay McGregor
McGinn
Dykes Adams

Playing high balls up to Dykes for a flick on,thought Jack Charlton was dead?
Marshall was sauntering about in his own half thinking he was fucking Alan Hanson at the second goal.O'Donnell probably the worst rb I've ever seen blocking his own player.
Clarke shat the bed with his starting team,then fucking bringing McGregor on I mean what the actual %^*&.Playing Christie and not Adams.Just pure and utter dung.

I’m surprised people on socials are surprised! Clarke’s tactics got what they deserved! 3 games and nil points is my guess after watching that shambles today!

You are probably right but it would be good to see what we could achieve if we was to play our strongest team and had a manager capable of manufacturing a modern tactical game plan.

As said previously, I was actually a little astonished at how many genuinely felt we’d beat the Czechs. I had no real idea where that was confidence was coming from other than the couple of wins we recorded against them in the Nations League when they were ravaged by Covid.

You look at the squad and it’s all very meh, then you look at the trembling jakey on the sidelines and really the idea we’re getting anything from these games against countries with players that can actually do the basics quite competently is just fanciful in the extreme.
It’s not if he played his best players

Back