Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

Not according to Kasey Keller, a 100+ capped goalkeeper he wasn't. Jeez I was an amateur keeper and even I know he should have been just outside the D of the penalty box. He knew as soon as the ball broke he had screwed up.
Even Ally forgot he was everyone's pal and just said it straight out.

ITV are being more honest about Scotland's shortfalls.

That tosser McLean says "3 points could be enough to qualify but I think we'll get 4", England and Croatia must be shitting themselves.
Scotland will be lucky to see 1 point, that starting line up today was really poor, he will start nae neck on Friday night now also.

Reactions: dmg
Game was lost before a ball was kicked with the team selection far too negative but that sums up Steve Clarke. Midfield will have sore necks from watching the ball being launched over their heads for the full 90 minutes.

In this new "woke" world, is it seen as so disrespectful to criticise someone? The turd-polishing these days is just getting ridiculous. Do these pundits believe a word they're saying?

Never mind. At least we were consistant.

Consistantly dreadful.

No one with balls to command the structure of the team.

And a manager to suit who picked the team

As soon as I seen the line up with O'Donnell included I shook my head. The dumpling then failed to control the ball early doors followed by getting in Christies road when attacking their box.

How the %^*& anyone can defend his inclusion in the team is beyond me. As long as the manager includes players like O'Donnell ahead of promising youth players who have been tried and tested in Europe at club level we will continue to be miles behind the rest of the world.

I was lucky as I tried to get a VPN for the game but with my ignorance of basic computer skills I had to get help. That took me an hour and a half so I missed the whole F***ing game. From whatt I was hearing on the wireless however, we were well beat. We have nobody to put the ball in the net and nobody to set up a goal. Aimless punts into the penalty box which is a typical Clarke strategy.

He got lucky with Killie as they have a plastic pitch and decent players don't want to get hurt so, they don't take chances. On a decent grass pitch, we flounder about. Giving Scotland caps to Celtic players who would rather play for Ireland is ridiculous. Celtic struggled into second place with about half of Scotland's players. For God's sake get rid of this man before he does any more damage and bring in someone who knows a wee bit about modern football.

SFA needs to spend some money on a decent coaching system. Let's try a Finn or Swede or Icelander,they cannae be any worse than what we've got.

To be honest we always screwed up when we qualified for tournaments properly.

The way we got here through the third tier of the nations league was just a joke. IMO we'd be better off never being there, as we obviously don't merit it based upon the teams Clarke puts out on the field.
Clarke got the credit for us getting here. His team didn't win one football match to get here.

Just seen the Daily Records player ratings, seem to think McGregor impressed and showed why he should have started. Apparently he "picked passes" but they failed to point out that they were all backwards and averaged a distance of 8 yards
Daily Record... wow

You had Scotland down for a quite comfortable 6 points from Czech and Croatia. Thoughts now after your first taste of them at a major tournament?
Was 4 points actually, never 6.

To answer your question, needless disappointing.

Can beat Croatia though.

Negative line up and reaped a negative result. No surprises.

Same mistakes by a different manager in playing players on loyalty rather than talent or form. "Oh but he got us here so can't drop him" is the oldest excuse in the book and frankly is a cop out.

Clarke has questions to answer and even if it's now a case of starting Patterson and gilmour for the next two games and taking another humping... that's needed. They are our future not plodding odonnell or mcgregor.

And don't even start me on the dykes and christie tandem. Has that ever worked? Barely gets us goals let alone wins us games. Baffling baffling baffling team sheet and so frustrating as they were an average team.

I don’t know mate, the lad had a look right away as if he knew Marshall was doing it all game. It’s hard to see on tv
I’m talking about Robertson defending him, I don’t think he’s realised just how out of position Marshall was.

Or he’s just covering his team mates back, any sane person can see it’s mental positioning.

Both BBC and ITV seem to be going with 50/50 male/female split of commentators/pundits.

Is the split the same for women's football?

Just seen the Daily Records player ratings, seem to think McGregor impressed and showed why he should have started. Apparently he "picked passes" but they failed to point out that they were all backwards and averaged a distance of 8 yards
I think in his first 5 touches he passed it out of play twice, passed it to the Czech's twice and then overhit it, threw himself at it and gave away a foul.

I suspect Scotland will with England and then go out with a drab draw with Croatia.
Not a hope in hell. England will win comfortably, and after today’s showing I’m pretty sure Croatia will too.

The facts are that Scotland are only in this tournament because 1) it’s been expanded, and 2) there was a convoluted qualification process that effectively allowed countries two or three bites at the cherry, and even then we only scraped in by the skin of our teeth.

In short, we’re pish and will be found out at this level.

As soon as I seen the line up with O'Donnell included I shook my head. The dumpling then failed to control the ball early doors followed by getting in Christies road when attacking their box.

How the %^*& anyone can defend his inclusion in the team is beyond me. As long as the manager includes players like O'Donnell ahead of promising youth players who have been tried and tested in Europe at club level we will continue to be miles behind the rest of the world.
I didn't think Scotland were that poor overall but if I gave a %^*& I'd be pissed off that the problems were all predicted in advance of kick off.

The players he picked that were off form all played poorly. Marshall, O'Donnell, Christie were all empty shirts. DItto when he brought on McGregor.

Adams looked the part when he came on (and it also improved Dykes massively other than missing that glaring chance). Pity he couldn't be arsed to bring on the other on-form players who have made an impact in recent weeks. Gilmour would instantly have been the one guy on that pitch to control the midfield.

Was 4 points actually, never 6.

To answer your question, needless disappointing.

Can beat Croatia though.

I thought we could get 3pts and it have to come from today. Croatia could likely keep the ball for 90 minutes and a high ball into the box isn't really going to trouble them.

Clarke will also let us down with team selection.

Here’s a theory about why Tierney is missing.

Clarke and Tierney have fallen out.

I think the team have all been told to sing the ‘national anthem’ with gusto.

Tierney refused and hence he is out.

Before the kick off today every player sang every word.

However, in the past, Tierney has stood stoney faced and tight lipped at the ‘national anthem’. Also some other players didn’t sing.

The new enthusiasm the team sing the national anthem is marked.

Clarke was very vague about Tierney’s injury and moved his interview on very quickly.

Fanciful or crackpot?

:cool:

Not a hope in hell. England will win comfortably, and after today’s showing I’m pretty sure Croatia will too.

The facts are that Scotland are only in this tournament because 1) it’s been expanded, and 2) there was a convoluted qualification process that effectively allowed countries two or three bites at the cherry, and even then we only scraped in by the skin of our teeth.

In short, we’re pish and will be found out at this level.
This, in buckets.

Clarke is a fanny. This team is honking and as usual people are disappointed with the result. Genuinely I am astonished bears actually bother. The people in charge of the game in this pox ridden republican shit hole we call Scotland would have been delighted if we had gone in 2012. Hopefully they get pumped in the next two games as well.

Back