UEFA CL/EL/ECL Qualifying games

Stickier than average ties for Dinamo Zagreb and Young Boys particularly with players at euros

Champions path​

Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) / Valur (ISL) vs Omonoia (CYP)Slovan Bratislava (SVK) / Shamrock Rovers (IRL) vs Young Boys (SUI)
Bodø/Glimt (NOR) / Legia Warszawa (POL) vs Flora Tallinn (EST) / Hibernians (MLT)
Connah's Quay Nomads (WAL) / Alashkert FC (ARM) vs Teuta (ALB) / Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)
Olympiacos (GRE) vs Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) / Neftçi (AZE)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR) / Kairat Almaty (KAZ) vs Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Fola Esch (LUX) / Lincoln Red Imps (GIB) vs CFR Cluj (ROU) / Borac Banja Luka (BIH)
Malmö (SWE) / Riga FC (LVA) vs HJK Helsinki (FIN) / Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)
Ferencváros (HUN) / Winners of the Preliminary round* vs Žalgiris Vilnius (LTU) / Linfield (NIR) Shkëndija (MKD) / Mura (SVN) vs Ludogorets 1945 (BUL) / Shakhtyor Soligorsk (BLR)

FCM Will batter the beasts.

They're not the team they were when we played them. They had a rotten end of season but they're easily a match for the tainted ones.

They're not the team they were when we played them. They had a rotten end of season but they're easily a match for the tainted ones.
Looks like they have a bogey team that stopped them winning the league then knocked them out of a cup within a couple of weeks.

Literally zero justification for the joyless folk on here claiming they’ll get through this.

They smashed Young Boys and Slavia, and then took points off Atlanta and Liverpool in the CL group stages.
Fair points you’ve made there but you’re failing to recognise that in those matches, they’ve yet to come up against a side with a manager anywhere near the quality of big Ange.

The mhanks will find out who they play in the 2nd round tomorrow, either going to be Galatasaray, Rapid Vienna or Midtjylland.

Good luck Ange B-D
Are they into Europa league play off after whoever humps them or do they go into EL group stages as I've heard said?

Easiest draw for them of the 3 teams they could have gotten, but those who seem confident the tims will skoosh it are perhaps forgetting similar predictions on here that they would easily win their games in hand last season...

Their squad is in bits and their manager isn't in the country yet. None of their qualifiers are going to be easy.

Which is great news.

Will it help if midtjyland players at euros don't go far in tournament ? as they would get a rest before they play them
When does Danish season start ?
As far as I can see they only have two players at the euros and one of them is a goalkeeper ( back up).

Tims get Mitdjylland.
That should be easy enough for them as they weren’t a decent side when we beat them.
Of course, they have improved beyond all expectation but Celtic should still be too good for them because they are still the best team in the country.

As much as I never want them to win ever , I won’t be too disappointed if they do get into either the conference or the Europe group stages. At least then they will be playing catch up if we make the champions league & not have just the league to focus on

That should be easy enough for them as they weren’t a decent side when we beat them.
Of course, they have improved beyond all expectation but Celtic should still be too good for them because they are still the best team in the country.
:)):)):))

Tough, can't see them winning that sadly.
Have to agree, ironically although the Blues are going full time next season they're gonna be weakened, losing at least six of their top players (five because of employment clashes and one transferred to Blackpool) including their top and second top goalscorers and their regular centre back pairing.

Easiest draw for them of the 3 teams they could have gotten, but those who seem confident the tims will skoosh it are perhaps forgetting similar predictions on here that they would easily win their games in hand last season...

Their squad is in bits and their manager isn't in the country yet. None of their qualifiers are going to be easy.

Which is great news.
I think it's the toughest game they could have got.

Midtjylland start their pre-season next week, their season starts before the fixtures, they have a settled squad who aren't at the Euro's and a new manager that has a good record in Denmark.

If this Henriksen can rid their minds of the collapse they had at the end of last season, they are going to be levels above the Hungarian lot that put the Yahoo's out last season.

We weren't in trouble at any point in the Midtjylland tie and I can remembering the games being entertaining, particularly with the away tie.

With Angeball making a return and if Midtjylland disregard defending and just try attack like they did against us - I can see the filth going out 18-7 on aggregate.

The Danes will dispatch them no problem.

No doubt they will think because we pumped them for 7 a couple of years ago that means they surely must beat them.......

Back