Police arresting St Johnstone fans this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge is “mobbing and rioting”
I'll tell you this mate, that's a serious charge. Me and the mates got charged with it years back and the lawyer told us if guilty it's likely a jail sentence.

The lawyer got the charges brought down, still serious, but this charge is a jury trial.

Tell them to get onto a lawyer asap. I'm not being over dramatic here

Genuine question - how many Celtic fans were cautioned or charged after either the Sharkheid riots or the Scottish Cup celebrations?

If he had been outside the east end piggery, wearing an IRA T shirt, green & white scarf and throwing bricks and barricades at polis and celtic players, he would have been fine. His crime in modern day SNP controlled Scotland. He was wearing a blue & white scarf and celebrating.

Apparently took his fingerprints to match those that were on pyro that was thrown, he said he didn’t have or touch any of it.

He also has bail conditions restricting travelling or using public transport on Saints away days.
That's absolutely shocking mate.

Voters need to get a grip!
Unfortunately with 3 unionist parties splitting the vote the nats will always walk it. There needs to be 1 unionist candidate on constituency and then seperate parties on list. People say its Ulsterfication of Scottish politics. Until we get rid of snp it will have to be that way. To sit back and do nothing will lead to a one party state. The evidence of which is growing daily

Partner just called to say that Police had been round to her house this morning and arrested her son . Police apparently have been reviewing video footage of the celebrations around McDiarmid Park after their cup win and have been rounding fans up this morning.

He‘s a nice and generally sensible kid so do wonder what he actually did do to justify being arrested.
Gestapo rule in dear old Scotland now against all things BLUE by the looks of it .

Apparently took his fingerprints to match those that were on pyro that was thrown, he said he didn’t have or touch any of it.

He also has bail conditions restricting travelling or using public transport on Saints away days.
Must be a lot harder to get fingerprints from mobile phones and lighters.

is the lad young?

plod do like easy targets

The British public are normally very trusting of the police.
That trust is based upon an acknowledgement of fairness and that they are not the arm of the State to be used by Government as an agency of bureaucratic agenda.

Yet it is becoming clear that the police in Scotland seem to be responding to the diktat of the SNP and their political prejudices.
Certain football supporters are harassed over supposed guideline breaches that in normal times would be their just rights as free people, whilst political agitators blatantly breaking the nation's law in a manner that suited SNP policy are left totally unscathed.
This is a recipe for a future civil conflict.

Currently, we live in a democracy where ordinary people are kept distracted by the dumbing down through social media, superfluous consumerism and a deluge of meaningless television shows.
Eventually, citizens wake up as government inevitably overreach and when they do it is often with a vicious response.
The SNP are the most dangerous political movement ever to arise on the mainland UK and if they aren't stopped soon the consequences will be ugly.

I believe this to be the case also.

I can see major and serious disorder in Scotland in the next 5-10 years.

I believe the police are being heavily leaned on to carry out the off the record wishes of a corrupt SNP administration.

Re the OP, I would like to know what the lad was arrested for before commenting.

If he was just there celebrating then it is disgraceful policing.

It's strange how any snp voter snd nat stay off threads like this, because they helped cause this utter nonsense agenda against some football fans

I believe the police are being heavily leaned on to carry out the off the record wishes of a corrupt SNP administration.

Re the OP, I would like to know what the lad was arrested for before commenting.

See posts #88 and #96 mate.

Your spot on mate, I wasn’t invited to a bbq on Monday with some so called mates because they KNEW i wasnt 100% behind Scotland!

no longer mates

The SNP hates football fans. They're uneasy bedfellows with the inbred mutants from across the city. Normally they'd fucking hate them, but they can be relied upon to back independence and to back any wanky, right-on balls that the SNP want to con the electorate with.

The difference between Rangers or St Johnstone fans celebrating and Scottish fans gathering at Hampden or at the fan zone is visibility. Europe is watching and Sturgeon can't be seen to be killing the joy of the Euros. So the outside world sees Hampden hosting matches and Scottish fans "enjoying" the first tournament finals appearance since France 98. Meanwhile domestic football fans are treated appaulingly.

See posts #88 and #96 mate.

Thanks.

In this instance I would say the police are a fxxking joke,

Just on the news. 20,000 heading down to London from Scotland for the England match.

This will be interesting.

:cool:

I genuinely hope they have a good trip, however I await the stories of how "the tartan army" were mistreated by locals and the police and I expect it to used for political gain.

Arrested for what?

Nvm - saw the update.

The lads committed am offence though, I'm sure he knew he wasn't meant to be part of large scale gatherings when he went. It's not up to the police to decide what crimes they progress and which they don't if there's been a complaint.

Folk need to start taking a bit of personal responsibility for their own decisions.

The British public are normally very trusting of the police.
That trust is based upon an acknowledgement of fairness and that they are not the arm of the State to be used by Government as an agency of bureaucratic agenda.

Yet it is becoming clear that the police in Scotland seem to be responding to the diktat of the SNP and their political prejudices.
Certain football supporters are harassed over supposed guideline breaches that in normal times would be their just rights as free people, whilst political agitators blatantly breaking the nation's law in a manner that suited SNP policy are left totally unscathed.
This is a recipe for a future civil conflict.

Currently, we live in a democracy where ordinary people are kept distracted by the dumbing down through social media, superfluous consumerism and a deluge of meaningless television shows.
Eventually, citizens wake up as government inevitably overreach and when they do it is often with a vicious response.
The SNP are the most dangerous political movement ever to arise on the mainland UK and if they aren't stopped soon the consequences will be ugly.

He's been lifted for a common law offence, one that's an extension of an even older common law offence.

Laws that predate the SNP.

There's no beat level pressure to target certain sets of society based on team or religious affiliation, it's simply not happening.

Do folk like you even think about your conspiracy theories ? Do you think the thousands of protestants or Rangers supporters within the justice system, from Police to Fiscals to JP's and Sheriff's, all are just complicit in a SNP led campaign to demonise them ?

That the only people that can see this blatant attack on us are the folk that (incidentally) are the ones getting lifted/charged for committing an offence ?

I've no problem with folk exercising their free will, but if you go and do something knowing that is an offence, just take your licks if you get caught.

Last edited:
Don’t worry!

They can throw a huge net over the fan zone just to even things up!!

Oh wait a minute, I forgot the tartan army jut like the tims are untouchable :mad:

And a month after May 15th in George Square, have I missed the "lots more arrests" or is Police Scotland's dedicated team still reviewing George Square CCTV footage or are officers still taking "evidence" from Nicola Sturgeon, Patrick Harvie and Humza Yousaf about the anti Irish Catholic bigotry they were trumpeting about ?

Shocking that we live under this way.

I await to see if those gathering in London on Friday are dealt with the same way. I don't think so. they will be waved off and welcomed home like heroes.

Im waiting to hear Humza and co asking why the SFA havent done enough to stop them travelling.

This is what Scotland voted for. We have a Police force that is under Political control. That is dangerous for any democracy.

St Johnstone fans are hardly known as a hotbed of ultra violent football fans. Winning two cups for the first time in their history surely a wee bit of exuberance can be allowed.
It should’ve and would’ve been ok but I think the SNP painted the police into a corner by their reaction to Rangers. The people screaming for the nats/police to come down hard on anything connected to Rangers are pushing everybody to a dark place. But at the moment, as long as it’s mostly Rangers fans on the receiving end it’s all good.

If he had been outside the east end piggery, wearing an IRA T shirt, green & white scarf and throwing bricks and barricades at polis and celtic players, he would have been fine. His crime in modern day SNP controlled Scotland. He was wearing a blue & white scarf and celebrating.

An agenda driven by the media.

I'll tell you this mate, that's a serious charge. Me and the mates got charged with it years back and the lawyer told us if guilty it's likely a jail sentence.

The lawyer got the charges brought down, still serious, but this charge is a jury trial.

Not sure if it's the same in Scotland but I'm sure there can be up to 5 years in Northern Ireland for gathering to riot (don't know the actual name of the law).

Very serious charge. Although if it's young football fans they will be looking to put the shitters up them.

Agree serious change that usually carries a prison sentence.
I'd get him a decent lawyer pronto.

Arrested for what?

Nvm - saw the update.

The lads committed am offence though, I'm sure he knew he wasn't meant to be part of large scale gatherings when he went. It's not up to the police to decide what crimes they progress and which they don't if there's been a complaint.

Folk need to start taking a bit of personal responsibility for their own decisions.

He's been lifted for a common law offence, one that's an extension of an even older common law offence.

There's no beat level pressure to target certain sets of society based on team or religious affiliation, it's simply not happening.

Do folk like you even think about your conspiracy theories ? Do you think the thousands of protestants or Rangers supporters within the justice system, from Police to Fiscals to JP's and Sheriff's, all are just complicit in a SNP led campaign to demonise them ?

That the only people that can see this blatant attack on us are the folk that (incidentally) are the ones getting lifted/charged for committing an offence ?

I've no problem with folk exercising their free will, but if you go and do something knowing that is an offence, just take your licks if you get caught.

There are plenty of people not getting lifted despite breaking laws new and old. If you cant see the political influence and the media bias reinforcing this then more fool you.

I doubt the police are arresting people for breaking lockdown restrictions. Be interesting to see what he did.
Yes as St Johnstone fans are notorious for rioting amongst themselves outside McDiarmid Park everytime they win cup doubles. Come on.... innocent until proven guilty.

What has he allegedly done to merit the charge?
Congregated outside the ground celebrating the Cup victory. From the videos l saw at the time online there were some flares but he said he didn’t have or touch any, seems its the pyro that was an issue.

l have no doubt he would have had a few beers and there would be some exuberance but he certainly wouldnt be rioting or trying to attack police if that’s what they’re insinuating with the charges.

Last edited:
Arrested for what?

Nvm - saw the update.

Was anyone injured, or was any damage done to property at the STJ celebrations?
None that I heard of, so why the f*** are the police wasting their time targeting young guys that are really doing no harm to anyone, celebrating a once in a lifetime achievement for their team.
You obviously work in law enforcement. If you cannot see the injustice here, an example of police actions that will likely turn a few more families against the police for their lifetimes, I'd suggest you may be part of the problem. It's overreach and someone should have to explain the selective policing strategies of the justice system at play in Scotland today.

Not sure if it's the same in Scotland but I'm sure there can be up to 5 years in Northern Ireland for gathering to riot (don't know the actual name of the law).

Very serious charge. Although if it's young football fans they will be looking to put the shitters up them.
I can only go on what happened with us. They done the same, took us down the station a week after the incident on a sunday, charged with mobbing and rioting then bailed us. No restrictions right enough.

The lawyers got the charges down to serious assault and breach of the peace, which is serious enough, so that gives you an idea.

Congregated outside the ground celebrating the Cup victory. From the videos l saw at the time online there were some flares but he said he didn’t have or touch any, seems its the pyro that was an issue.

l have no doubt he would have had a few beers and there would be some exuberance but he certainly wouldnt be rioting or trying to attack police if that’s what there are insinuating with the charges.

Lawyer up, and assuming what he's telling you is accurate, he should be fine.
A complete waste of time and taxpayers money. Pathetic from the police, or whoever is driving this agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back