Rangers Trophy Tour 2021

To be honest, l do feel its a bit of a piss take.

However, from the moment l knew we were winning the league, l was determined to get a keepsake photo with the trophy and certain family members so l am more than happy to pay it.

Looking forward to the Paisley one!

I understand the objections but the club needs money to keep running, sign new players, keep the players we've got....
I wouldn't mind but you can be certain the same folk would be moaning about the quality on the pitch or demanding signings if things aren't going well.

As a fanbase if we want to demand trebles and Champions League football etc then unfortunately we need to understand that the club must have fundraising events pretty regularly.

How can we demand success but also not be willing to pay for it?

There's a thread laughing at the mentally challengeds because their club thanked them for buying a season ticket and refunded them a gift voucher for £50.

We get offered a chance to see the trophy for £25.

Beginning to think our loyalty is getting taken for granted.
And look how far ahead we are of them in every department

Weve been running at massive losses for years but dont have any real debt thanks to the people in charge of the club.
Depends on what you class as 'real' debt. If you check out the share offer booklet we've loans from King (due in Oct I think), another from Close Brothers and a loan from the Scottish Government (albeit repayable over a lengthy period). That's aside from Director loans, including one secured against Edmiston House.

Let's not pretend that we are in robust financial health. We are getting there. The process is being well managed. However, we still have a way to go yet. The Club is, rightly in my view, looking to cash in at every opportunity. If folk think the stuff on offer is too dear then they should simply not take up the opportunity. It is optional after all.

It's a bit of a piss rip, which is why I won't pay for it.

People will jump at the chance and its an earner, so fair play.

I remember I done the Old Trafford tour in 2008 just after they had won the Champions League. They were wanting £15 a head for a photo.

It may seem steep, but in that context it will be worth it if you want to buy it.

I've booked into Falkirk on the 10th of July

Not had the email yet. Is it £25 a head for mygers/ ST holders ?
At work so just scanning through the thread.

Not had the email yet. Is it £25 a head for mygers/ ST holders ?
At work so just scanning through the thread.
No it is £25 per booking.
Each booking covers two fans.
There are “family” slots at the same price,for up to four from same household.
£25 is discounted price for season ticket holders or MyGers members,£35 otherwise.

Always find funny how a lot of supporters expect/want board members to plough in millions to sign players, then go mental at the prospect of having to put in £25 for a photo with the trophy.

Not saying I don't understand that thousands have given a lot, especially at a tough time, but the club need to maximise all possible revenue just now.
When do we ever get seen as something other than a cash generating commodity. It's our club as well.

Dearie me.
Taking the pish here I’m afraid.

Whats stopping them doing what we used to do?

Simply get the trophy into the club shop end of the month on kit release day and fans can have a picture with the trophy as they buy a new kit.
A vast amount of the clubs fans can't simply turn up to stadium as they are from various areas of Scotland and Northern Ireland. The old days club took trophy to different club shops for a photo shoot. I.e Inverness Rangers shop and this was for a fee. The club are doing the right thing here.

Me and my 3 brothers would like to do this with my old man but capping it at 4 for a family has caused an issue

No it is £25 per booking.
Each booking covers two fans.
There are “family” slots at the same price,for up to four from same household.
£25 is discounted price for season ticket holders or MyGers members,£35 otherwise.
Bugger. I've just booked 2 thinking it was £25 per head, so £50 (I thought it was steep) - is it definite that its 2 people for £25? Can't see them dishing out refunds

Just booked for me and the boy there, don't think £25 is too bad for a fantastic opportunity for a pic beside the league trophy after everything we have been through.

No email, not in junk either. I'm signed up to receive all emails and reckon I only get about half of them, can't work out a pattern either.

I won't pay £25 for this, I understand some people want a picture with the trophy and it represents value for money in that case. For me I'm not fussed about it, probably wouldn't bother if it was free either.

Bugger. I've just booked 2 thinking it was £25 per head, so £50 (I thought it was steep) - is it definite that its 2 people for £25? Can't see them dishing out refunds
From original email they sent out-

“We are delighted to offer 2021/2022 Season Ticket Holders and MyGers Members a priority sales window. Season Ticket Holders and MyGers Members can also enjoy a discounted price of £25 per booking.

As we are restricted in the number of people that can be in attendance, each booking permits a maximum of two people to attend. The exception to this is a limited number of “Family Sessions” which will allow four people from the same household to attend”

Being a bit thick I think, but I'm trying to book a family session for 3 adults from the same house but when I put in 3 adults it's charging me £75. Am I missing something???

Being a bit thick I think, but I'm trying to book a family session for 3 adults from the same house but when I put in 3 adults it's charging me £75. Am I missing something???
You just make ONE booking.
The ONE family booking allows four people from one household to attend as one group.

I wouldn't mind but you can be certain the same folk would be moaning about the quality on the pitch or demanding signings if things aren't going well.

As a fanbase if we want to demand trebles and Champions League football etc then unfortunately we need to understand that the club must have fundraising events pretty regularly.

How can we demand success but also not be willing to pay for it?

That is harsh given 45k paid for various level STs last season and a similar number for the upcoming season with no guarantee of getting in.

MyGers registrations, Edmiston House, share issue and huge numbers of merchandise sales (with seemingly endless launches of new product).

The support has dug extremely deep. A gesture would have been nice. I think it’s fair to make that comment.

That is harsh given 45k paid for various level STs last season and a similar number for the upcoming season with no guarantee of getting in.

MyGers registrations, Edmiston House, share issue and huge numbers of merchandise sales (with seemingly endless launches of new product).

The support has dug extremely deep. A gesture would have been nice. I think it’s fair to make that comment.
I get what you are saying and don’t disagree.
But the Edmiston House project and buying shares in the club are entirely down to the individual choice,no one is forced to buy.

I get what you are saying and don’t disagree.
But the Edmiston House project and buying shares in the club are entirely down to the individual,no one is forced to buy anything.

Of course no one is forced to buy anything. Even season tickets. But we have. And very few took refunds.

Rather than another statement lauding the loyalty of the support and saying it’s not taken for granted, a little something such as this would have hugely appreciated.

It’s a lot of money but it’s another Revenue Stream for the club which we didn’t have until
James Bisgrove rocked up and transformed us Commercially.

Castore Deal
Edminston House supporter package
My Gers membership
Share issue
Improved current Club Store and opened a few more
Trophy tour
Increased commercial partners

They know there will be a huge demand so let’s Maximise our Revenue income where we can.

It's anyone choice if they want to have a photo opportunity or not. No one is forcing you to buy it.

At the end of the day the club know some product and experience opportunities will be more popular than others but not every product or experience will have 50,000 queuing up to do it.

So we have a far better range now we have a retail deal and properly run marketing department as choices vary. It's consumer choice.

If you go to parc des prince's, nou camp for example photo opportunities with trophies are €25 a pop.

Back