Edouard considering seeing out his contract and leaving on a free next summer

Mixed feelings if true

would be funny to see him go for nothing but they are a weaker team with him not there . I’d rather he just left . Knowing our luck he will sign a 1 year extension
More than that for me is that Goldson could be doing the same and, until he signs a new contract or leaves in the summer, there is always that possibility.

If you thought he lacked effort last season just wait until you see him next season if he stays.

Last season’s version will look like the Tasmanian devil.

Not necessarily, it could go one of two ways.

If he plays another season like that just past a number of clubs might just think he is not worth the bother and look elsewhere. If he wants the big salary as well as a very large signing on fee then he puts in a great season, scoring goals like we all know he can, and has a host of (top) clubs eager to sign him.

For me I'd want him gone now.

Agent is elbowing into the mixing bowl with this one. He'll be wanting his signing fee. I can honestly say this is the first season in a long time where I am completely uninterested in who they bring in. Their collapse was so hilarious last season they'll need at least this season to recover.

TBH, it’s not impossible they could get, say, £9m in this window. That would be £9m to help balance their books and boost their transfer kitty. I know this would mean no overall profit but what they paid for him is done and dusted in their accounts, so £9m would be £9m in their bank account. So I’m all for him staying and then leaving in January for a tiny, nominal fee just so they can get him off their books and save on wages. His attitude will be terrible in that period and will cost them more points than his goals would gain.

Thus would be the perfect end to a perfect season.

As good as he is, he is one man. If he is surrounded by the same level of crap as last season, he will not be a serious threat. Hope he stays then leaves on a free.
This is something that we need to remember.
If he leaves this year for any amount, it’s money in the bank for them.
Not as much as they were expecting of course but still money for spending.

"Believed to be worth up to 25million [Dembele dollars]"

Would not put it past Lawwell to try that stunt again tbh. They'll inflate the fee to calm the hoardes. Lawwell is leaving soon, he just needs to buy enough time to see himself to the exit and Desmond doesn't give a shit. When they are scraping around in the bargain basement for transfers to start this brave new era under Ange, then it'll dawn on them.

He chucked in the towel last season. There’s no way he’s going to bust a gut in the last season of his contract, potentially injure himself, and scupper any chance he has of joining a better club.

If he plays another season like that just past a number of clubs might just think he is not worth the bother and look elsewhere. If he wants the big salary as well as a very large signing on fee then he puts in a great season, scoring goals like we all know he can, and has a host of (top) clubs eager to sign him.

He’s been wanting away since the day he signed.
Last season was a season to put himself in the window. How did that go?
When you lack commitment you’ll inevitably lack effort.

Ask Bobo..

The agent will be advising him on what's best for him and of course the agent and that'll have nothing to do with getting them a gazillion dembele dollars.

He will be sold with a % of the transfer fee.

The is his agent at work as they have clearly overpriced him with Leicester moving to a different target.

With every week that passes, his value reduces, that said, if he’s focused he is their best player by a distance so I would rather he left

While this is funny, I'd still rather see him go tbh. The benefits of him going outweigh the benefits of him staying.
Not if they get £15mil for him. Id much rather they have an uninterested player costing them a fortune in wages than get their hands on much needed money for their rebuild.

He is by far their best player and the one guy that could actually get them some money, if they cant even punt him they are in dire straits financially. Imagine him downing tools for another year, causing unrest in the dressing room then eventually leaving for nothing.

Mixed feelings if true

would be funny to see him go for nothing but they are a weaker team with him not there . I’d rather he just left . Knowing our luck he will sign a 1 year extension
Our luck? He is a decent player but if he stays or goes it’s irrelevant to us

Lennon informed the hordes months ago that a group of players don't want to be there, this group will be of the same mindset next season.

I don’t think the press fully comprehend that you’re not buying a player, you’re essentially buying 1 season of a player.

A side with a recruitment department as strong as Leicester for example, will grind the tims til August to get him for buttons.

They hold next to no leverage in negotiating.

There is zero chance he's still there after deadline day. He/his agent are simply saying 'accept any reasonable bids and don't mess us about, or I'll sign for another club for free on January 1st'.

consider this

with a year to go on his contract he's taken the decision to slow down, not bother trying etc

imagine that this season when he wants to stay fit enough to coin in a good contract offer in January
he'll be wrapping himself up in bubblewrap for games

Some people saying they want him gone this window :oops: Why does anyone want them to receive a penny for any of last season's players? I for one hope they all stay and announce bosmans on Monday the 3rd of January, to pile on the misery after they have been whipped at Celtic Park again the day before.

Suits us if he stays he's hardly gonna be busting a gut I reckon he will still go though but for a vastly reduced fee from what's being reported

We should offer him a pre contract in January just for the meltdown
I’d suggested that one too a while back. To stir it up, but also because if we did get him, it would kill them and he’s a good player who under our backroom staff could become a very good player.

SFA chance of that happening that though. B-D

Theres always that risk, but we are a team very much on the rise. Big Ange would have to have a near perfect transfer window and produce wonders with some of the players still on their books.

Ideal scenario, two in a row and nae dough for Edouard.

He will be sold with a % of the transfer fee.

The is his agent at work as they have clearly overpriced him with Leicester moving to a different target.

With every week that passes, his value reduces, that said, if he’s focused he is their best player by a distance so I would rather he left

don't think Leicester were ever interested and not the kinda player that would fit in with Leicester's style of play .............

Would prefer he left, he’s a good player, and will play out of his skin if he’s in the last year of his deal. As it stands they’re already 25m down on what they hoped to get for him (in total.)

They would only replace him with dross if they got a fee for him.

Would prefer he left, he’s a good player, and will play out of his skin if he’s in the last year of his deal. As it stands they’re already 25m down on what they hoped to get for him (in total.)

They would only replace him with dross if they got a fee for him.
Mate thats mental, the last thing we need is them getting millions when they could get £0.

We’ve not been inventing fees of £30-50million for Goldson

Our entire transfer fund and annual balance sheet doesn’t hinge on selling Goldson
Great point mate

they are in such a mess if he stays put till mid august then he could go for less than the money they paid for him

He downed tools last season, imagine what he'd be like next season seeing out a contract to get a big pay day move for himself? celtic board will be shiting themselves if they don't bring in money for him lol

He is a good player but if he stays I'd imagine he won't be too motivated with one eye on his summer move. They will also be trying to get as much for him as possible to fund their summer rebuild so him staying might not be too bad for us.

I still think he'll leave though.

This is just a stir to make whatever low ball offers they get, seem palatable to the orcs.
It’s so transparent, they will get an offer of 6-7m and except it because he would be gone for nothing next summer.
Or potentially he would like to pocket that sort of money himself on a Bosman.

He’s quite right
He will get far more money
Maybe 6-7 mill in his own pocket
PSG will no be happy either

Back