Edouard considering seeing out his contract and leaving on a free next summer

Mixed feelings if true

would be funny to see him go for nothing but they are a weaker team with him not there . I’d rather he just left . Knowing our luck he will sign a 1 year extension
There’s no way that someone won’t come in for him... the problem for Celtic is that this is the last window they can cash in but nobody is coming with the £10m+ that they have crawed about for years.

He might sign an extension and end up leaving in January for £6m or something... with amounts due to previous club eating away any profit.
Either way, I agree that I’d rather he wasn’t in their team because he is a dangerous opponent.

This is the gamble the bheggars took and I hope it comes back to bite them.

They could sell Edouard now and get say £10 million, the player gets a signing on fee of say £1 million and has a year head start with a new team.

Or

Edouard holds out for a year, keeping fit, still in the he squad. Leaves at the end of his contract and receives a nice wee tidy signing on fee of £4-5 million and Celtic receive nada.

Even if its only 3 million profit.
As we like to remind Celtic fans.
And as true as that may be.

It's still be 12 million in their bank account this summer.
And nearly £2,000,000 saved on wages.

They'll buy a motivated player with at least a bit of that.

I'd rather he stayed the season, and they were the guts of 15 million lighter.
What a Wicked Web you Weave!

(Keep on keeping on :)))

Memories of Bobo.

Any excuse to post this. IMO, thee most ridiculous piece of journalism ever.

BOBO BALDE'S refusal to move to Birmingham during the summer transfer window has cost him his place in Celtic's Champions League squad.

The 33-strong Hoops group registered with Uefa for the competition which kicks off next week includes nine defenders, among them Jo Doumbe and Paul Caddis.

But Balde is out, which means even if Celtic suffer a spate of injuries to centre-backs Gary Caldwell, Stephen McManus, Glenn Loovens and Darren O'Dea, they would not be able to bring him in.

C_71_article_1001352_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

I'd rather he stayed personally.

If they manage to sell him for a decent fee (£12m?) they might get someone half decent in to replace him.
If he stays, he won't try a leg and they'll get fūck all for him in a year.
Top scorer? How many of his goals were from open play?

I had an inkling this could happen. All it takes is one to show thats a viable option and all of a sudden you have several running down contracts. Ntcham tried and to be fair got a decent move that didn't work out.

If Edouard does this and gets his pick of clubs then Christie, Mcgregor and Ajer might well do the same.

Its pure guesswork but if a fee is due then say Burnley and Newcastle type teams come calling.

Free transfer and all of a sudden a much wider quality of team look at you as a viable option.

He is a sulky big idiot, but on his day very dangerous.

If he does a Bobo great, but if he stays and is motivated then he is far more dangerous than if they sold him and had to buy a replacement.

The carnival of chaos at the piggery just keeps rolling.
You stick to your guns and milk them plus you don't want to pick up any injuries so go easy.

This is the gamble the bheggars took and I hope it comes back to bite them.

They could sell Edouard now and get say £10 million, the player gets a signing on fee of say £1 million and has a year head start with a new team.

Or

Edouard holds out for a year, keeping fit, still in the he squad. Leaves at the end of his contract and receives a nice wee tidy signing on fee of £4-5 million and Celtic receive nada.
Both are great options tbh. A win/win for us!

McGregor is meant to be looking for a way out also. The Jakey will be under orders to play him tonight and Lego head will have his script pre-written. My guess is a valuation of £50m by the budding Scottish media, next week.
Seriously, who on their team would want to stay there?
When they take a look at our undefeated team from last year and know we are looking to upgrade our team, while everyday their team becomes more of a joke?
He's just trying to get more cash out of them!
Which is nice. B-D

I think this being a bargaining tactic to secure a move seems most likely outcome

Just like the most likely reason for why Howe never signed a contract for months was born out

I genuinely think we should put a cheeky bid in for him.
Said the same thing months ago, before the January window. Have a nice wee statement ready for the media backlash.

A player we have admired for a long time blah blah... Perhaps not firing on all cylinders at the moment but we feel our elite level back room staff could change that blah blah... and provide an environment where the player could not only flourish blah blah... but realize his own ambitions while helping us achieve ours blah blah... As alluded to, with current form as it is we feel 6 million is a more than fair offer blah blah...

Pull the pin on that bad boy and lob it in? Would have been carnage B-D B-D

To be honest I'd be glad to see the back of him, even this season he was their most dangerous player and whenever he gets the ball around the box he is capable of something. Even if the tims got 15 million for him I wouldn't expect them to spend it wisely

Rather he left ASAP because what they will get they won’t see much of anyway I guess and won’t get in better

Either way it’s hilarious and complete mismanagement
Your'e probably right, even if they get £15m for him, they will end up with a profit of circa £3.5m, on the other hand if he stays, he wont be trying a toss in case of injury, he misses the CL/EL qualifiers anyway, and they lose £3.5m :)

They NEED to sell him.
No matter what.
They have no other significant money for transfers so they really need him to go, and soon!
Would be interesting to see what Big Angie would spend her money on if it was there.

This is glorious.
If he stays he digs his heels in and feigns injury etc for the rest of his contract.
Hilarious.

Hadn’t realized he was still getting capped by France U21s (he’s 23). Presumably he won’t be back at training in the first wave then?

that'd be a smart move on his part, more money for him when he joins another club, he's defo unhappy at the tims, the cherry on the cake would be, if he can get his agent to to get timmys to loan him out for the coming season

Your'e probably right, even if they get £15m for him, they will end up with a profit of circa £3.5m, on the other hand if he stays, he wont be trying a toss in case of injury, he misses the CL/EL qualifiers anyway, and they lose £3.5m

If he stays for full season, Scumtic will loose not only any profit but also the £9 million they paid for him. He's also highest paid player, draining finance while giving no fUcks.

Seriously, who on their team would want to stay there?
When they take a look at our undefeated team from last year and know we are looking to upgrade our team, while everyday their team becomes more of a joke?
He's just trying to get more cash out of them!
Which is nice. B-D
Exactly and who is there new manager going to entice to come in? They will need every bit of SFA compliance and referee help next season if they are to maintain 2nd place. The CO better start targeting Hibs and Aberdeen players in the same way they did ours because that's their competitors.

I think Edouard pretty much phoned it in this season and he was still stop scorer in the league. His attitude stinks but he is a good player.

The best outcome here is that he leaves on a cut price deal, which seems likely.
He was only top scorer due to taking penalties though. Take those away (5) and he is left with 13 goals scored, placing him 3rd behind Nisbit and Roofe.

Bearing in mind Alfie has been asked to play a different role and he doesn’t take penalties.

He was only top scorer due to taking penalties though. Take those away (5) and he is left with 13 goals scored, placing him 3rd behind Nisbit and Roofe.

Bearing in mind Alfie has been asked to play a different role and he doesn’t take penalties.
I get that. I do. My point really is that he didn't try last season and he was still their best player. So I think from that point of view it would probably be good news for us if he left as they will not be able to replace him. Others have a different opinion which is fine.

It's not a great situation for them either way B-D

Mixed feelings if true

would be funny to see him go for nothing but they are a weaker team with him not there . I’d rather he just left . Knowing our luck he will sign a 1 year extension

We were 25 points ahead of them last season with him there. Doesn't bother me if he stays and leaves for -£40m at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Back