Pathetic Quality From Castore

They’ll do nothing, they’re making money and that’s all that matters to them let’s face it. We are customers and not very important in the grand scheme of things as long as folk keep buying

Folk keep buying because the vast majority of their product is absolutely fine. I have loads of Rangers/Castore items and they're perfect.

Just because you post 300 times a day about castore doesn't mean everyone else should stop buying their stuff.

I agree that it wont be 66% so apologies for not being clear on my estimate but I certainly think its a hell of a lot more than 5%. Taking this thread, other threads, social media platforms and the many who have accepted the issue without complaint like I did for the first top I certainly think 5% is miles off it.
5% would be 25,000 units. I’d be surprised if it was that much. It would be all over the papers.

Would be interesting and eye opening if someone could supply the actual return %.

I’d hazard a guess it’s closer to 1% than 5%. 1% is still quite a lot considering the numbers that are shifted.

Completely off topic but this has reminded me about the shirt my grandson got for his birthday last month.
It was one of those sites where you get sent a random shirt. My son specified no Scottish shirts and no green shirts. So what did they send - fkn St Pauli :mad:
Luckily they don't know anything about the club.

"Rangers Football Club are one of the most prestigious teams in sport and it is a huge privilege and honour for Castore to have been chosen as their kit partner"

"The partnership will commence in the 2020/2021 season for a minimum of five years"

giphy.gif

A lot of people are getting the strips delivered very quickly then there are others that ordered immediately but have still not even received dispatch notifications

There are still a lot of inconsistencies and some quality issues

A lot of people are getting the strips delivered very quickly then there are others that ordered immediately but have still not even received dispatch notifications

There are still a lot of inconsistencies and some quality issues
I find it ridiculous that some who don’t live in the UK are getting their parcel before people who live here.

Got this as a present from my folks in April.

Worn and washed probably 4 or 5 times ok but took out yesterday to this. Numbers all peeling off or else off. Bit of a joke as basically can't wear like that now. I had toos in my teens and twenties that lasted years and years and became work ones for years as well with not as much damage as this has in a couple of months. Also my son's strip for his wee team the sponsor and lettering is still on fine after well over a year.

Mate, I have been there and was well pissed off.

I had the 14/15 HSV shirt with the stripe down the middle and my wife washed it with softener.

And yeah, the sponsor started falling off too.

Gutted.
My mrs stuck the brand new orange Porto top in the dryer after we came back from Portugal, €70 down the drain like that. Safe to say she doesn’t wash any fitbaw tops anymore.

On second thought, should of chased new balance out of Porto the bloody chancers.

My mrs stuck the brand new orange Porto top in the dryer after we came back from Portugal, €70 down the drain like that. Safe to say she doesn’t wash any fitbaw tops anymore.

On second thought, should of chased new balance out of Porto the bloody chancers.

What a nightmare it is.

I wonder if they do it on purpose sometimes.

:(

Iv tried telling the Mrs this and she will not fucking listen. No wonder my sponsor is starting to go to %^*&!
Mate, I have been there and was well pissed off.

I had the 14/15 HSV shirt with the stripe down the middle and my wife washed it with softener.

And yeah, the sponsor started falling off too.

Gutted.
fs guys....hand-wash it yourself!!

just a dollop of laundry liquid (or powder for neolithics) - or if you have one of those environ-mental pods just soak that before I start, it will disolve.

The only bit of the top that needs attention is under the pits, the rest just needs a gentle massage. Don't Wring it at any time, just squeeze! Rinse, no wringing. Hang on clothes horse with basin underneath or over bath... be dry in a couple of hours.

fs guys....hand-wash it yourself!!

just a dollop of laundry liquid (or powder for neolithics) - or if you have one of those environ-mental pods just soak that before I start, it will disolve.

The only bit of the top that needs attention is under the pits, the rest just needs a gentle massage. Don't Wring it at any time, just squeeze! Rinse, no wringing. Hang on clothes horse with basin underneath or over bath... be dry in a couple of hours.

Mate, with all that gentle squeezing, I've something else that needs massaging emh I mean washing
B-D

Nah but seriously, I wash my own "valuable" clothing items at 30 degrees, with a wee dribble of detergent and spin them at a low speed.

As I don’t trust the b* anymore :p

Folk keep buying because the vast majority of their product is absolutely fine. I have loads of Rangers/Castore items and they're perfect.

Just because you post 300 times a day about castore doesn't mean everyone else should stop buying their stuff.
Well when your batsuit starts peeling I hope you find some solace that you’re one of the teeny tiny amount of people being screwed over by substandard goods, piss poor delivery and even worse communication.

Im sure last year bears in the sports clothing industry told us the quality control usually meant 2-3% of stuff went out with flaws. From what I'm seeing the vast vast majority of gear going out this summer is of better quality than last year. Stock levels are also clearly much better.

Are they perfect? No. However it's been a much improved performance this summer. You could argue we shouldn't be part of Castore's growth as a brand and the the teething issues that brings but they did get us out the SD deal to their credit.

Thr vast majority of bears will be in reach of a store (Glasgow x 2), Belfast, Edinburgh (soon), Manchester and Liverpool have either a Rangers or a Castore branch at which you can return a dodgy kit if you get one. I appreciate that doesn't help bears abroad or up north but I think some people are making a bigger issue out of this based on last year which was in fairness a fookin disaster.
Can you return Rangers stuff to a Castore store (not Rangers store)?

I am not doubting anyone's assertions around their experiences with the kit, I have quite a bit of the Castore gear and have had no issues at all. I'd even go as far as to say that the tops look as good now as they did when I got them.

Likewise.

Have 5 or 6 of their Rangers clothing/tops with no issues.

Also have a similar amount from Castore's (non-Rangers) clothing range, again with no issues whatsoever.

No special care or attention whenever I've washed any of the above.
I.e. 30° wash as with all my other clothes

I am not doubting anyone's assertions around their experiences with the kit, I have quite a bit of the Castore gear and have had no issues at all. I'd even go as far as to say that the tops look as good now as they did when I got them.

Same. Multiple items now myself and they are all absolutely fine.

Not doubting there are evidently quality control issues, but it's not the majority of customers that are affected by these.

Away from stuff I've seen on the internet and social media, I don't know anyone IRL who has ever had an issue.

Im sure last year bears in the sports clothing industry told us the quality control usually meant 2-3% of stuff went out with flaws. From what I'm seeing the vast vast majority of gear going out this summer is of better quality than last year. Stock levels are also clearly much better.

Are they perfect? No. However it's been a much improved performance this summer. You could argue we shouldn't be part of Castore's growth as a brand and the the teething issues that brings but they did get us out the SD deal to their credit.

Thr vast majority of bears will be in reach of a store (Glasgow x 2), Belfast, Edinburgh (soon), Manchester and Liverpool have either a Rangers or a Castore branch at which you can return a dodgy kit if you get one. I appreciate that doesn't help bears abroad or up north but I think some people are making a bigger issue out of this based on last year which was in fairness a fookin disaster.
Not sure how you can discuss better quality when the majority of folk probably haven’t washed their shirts more than once (if indeed they were lucky enough to receive one that was in tact or receive one at all)
Wash it at 30°, no fabric softener… did Hermes wash some on the way to people that have received them peeled already? (Making a light hearted joke there btw)

Worn and washed probably 4 or 5 times ok but took out yesterday to this. Numbers all peeling off or else off. Bit of a joke as basically can't wear like that now. I had toos in my teens and twenties that lasted years and years and became work ones for years as well with not as much damage as this has in a couple of months. Also my son's strip for his wee team the sponsor and lettering is still on fine after well over a year.
I have the same top and mine is heading the same way after 4 or 5 washes. Spotted the smaller bits starting to peel off and haven't worn it since, that was about 3 or 4 months ago.

To add a bit of balance, my home top is still practically perfect after being washed probably 30-40 times. That tells me these problems are not down to unsuitable washing (both tops washed the same). It also tells me the standard across the Castore range varies considerably, which shouldn't be the case.

Ordered my top Saturday night received it this morning.

Not doubting others have had issues but all of my Castore gear and Rangers strips have been fine.

Just one gripe was that a Castore hoody looked red in pictures but was nearer purple.

Completely off topic but this has reminded me about the shirt my grandson got for his birthday last month.
It was one of those sites where you get sent a random shirt. My son specified no Scottish shirts and no green shirts. So what did they send - fkn St Pauli :mad:
Luckily they don't know anything about the club.
Someone is taking the piss there, surely?

I have the same top and mine is heading the same way after 4 or 5 washes. Spotted the smaller bits starting to peel off and haven't worn it since, that was about 3 or 4 months ago.

To add a bit of balance, my home top is still practically perfect after being washed probably 30-40 times. That tells me these problems are not down to unsuitable washing (both tops washed the same). It also tells me the standard across the Castore range varies considerably, which shouldn't be the case.
Yep, it's clearly varied across the range and the idea it's all down to folk washing them wrong is blatantly deflection from that. Not sure why folk are so keen to dismiss folk getting that kind of a problem with their goods as somehow being their own fault when it's clearly not the case from the reports that were seen.

They even had varied materials and designs coming out via different suppliers last season for God sake. Denying the problems is just bizarre.

Clearly it's not the majority, it will be a relatively low percentage of overall goods that are that badly affected, but it's obviously noticeably more than in prior seasons or the same amount of complaints and issues would've been seen year-in-year-out.

Pretty much everyone was excited about the Castore deal when it was first announced and wanted it to be great.

Any North America based bears with an update on how its went so far with the new kit and training gear orders ? Did anyone get stung with import duty ?

Love the new home top, but will await the Away and 3rd designs before placing an order

After emailing castore saying I'd like a full refund and not the 20% as I can't wear the top anymore I got this reply

Many thanks for your email.

We've had a phenomenal response to the new seasons products and for this reason we are currently experiencing a longer dispatch timeframe.

As stated in our Shipping Policy delivery may take up to 10 working days, however we are working hard to ensure your order is dispatched as soon as possible-

https://shop.rangers.co.uk/policies/shipping-policy

Your order has been dispatched with our carrier:

We would like to thank you for your patience

In the meantime, I do hope you have a great day and thank you for your support.

After emailing castore saying I'd like a full refund and not the 20% as I can't wear the top anymore I got this reply

Many thanks for your email.

We've had a phenomenal response to the new seasons products and for this reason we are currently experiencing a longer dispatch timeframe.

As stated in our Shipping Policy delivery may take up to 10 working days, however we are working hard to ensure your order is dispatched as soon as possible-

https://shop.rangers.co.uk/policies/shipping-policy

Your order has been dispatched with our carrier: Track a parcel - MyHermes

We would like to thank you for your patience ****

In the meantime, I do hope you have a great day and thank you for your support.
You've left your Hermes tracking link (and name) in there mate, might want to edit.

Same email I got from them except I don't have a dispatch yet - just "we'll dispatch it as soon as possible"

You've left your Hermes tracking link (and name) in there mate, might want to edit.

Same email I got from them except I don't have a dispatch yet - just "we'll dispatch it as soon as possible"
Cheers mate, I didn't even check the link as I already had the top, not even what relevance the email they sent me has to do with me getting a refund

I washed my 20/21 home top loads of times (note: guys you can do your own laundry you know :)) ) using fabric softener and none of the logos have come off. It's just a shame that the shoulders are pointy, the neck is all frayed and the stitching is coming away from the collar. :rolleyes:

Just got the half zip red black and grey training top and I’m am delighted with it. Quality good and lovely fit and very comfortable. Not washed it yet mind. Totally understand the the guys that have had bad experiences but all the gear I got last year and this has been top drawer. Just my experience.

Its a Castore product so I dont see why not
RFC and Castore arent the same conpany though? If i bought an Adidas shirt in JD Sports, I wouldn't be able to return it to an Adidas store.

If it is the case though, would be handy for me, as I live fairly close to one of the Castore stores Would save using Hermes!

I'm not defending Castore at all but folk that have had a positive experience shouldn't be allowed to say so?
You're 100% right and I don't disagree - folk should be able to recognise positive experiences as well as bad. Take a step back and you'll realise my post was light-hearted and meant as a light-hearted joke.

It's taken over a month to sort out, but finally!! What an absolute shit show from start to finish. From the shocking state of the kit itself to the ordeal in actually managing to return it.

RFC and Castore arent the same conpany though? If i bought an Adidas shirt in JD Sports, I wouldn't be able to return it to an Adidas store.

If it is the case though, would be handy for me, as I live fairly close to one of the Castore stores Would save using Hermes!
If you buy anything from rangers store it comes off as J. Carter sporting club. Same if you buy from Castore as that's their registered name and that's who your contract is with for that purchase.

Your lucky mate the sponsor on the shoulder of mine is totally gone only got cas of castore and half of their logo gone the e and t of unibet on the front has gone and two of the spots gone under the unibet and basically no rangers crest left.

absolute chancers.

Back