Pathetic Quality From Castore

It shouldn’t be happening in the first place. Especially after the disaster that was last seasons range.

They need proper quality control.
dunno why the club are letting this happen as another poster has said its taking the piss right out the fans

surley the club can see that this is damaging the image of the club and it will get to a stage were fans will stop buying there cheap sh1t

New top came today. The quality of the 32 Red sponsor is abysmal, it’s arrived cracked under the ‘set your limits’ part. Enough is enough from this mob.

I retuned mine instore and got full refund.

Purchased February and worn/washed about 5 times. Front sponsor peeling off, labels inside completely away. Washed inside out, 30°, no fabric conditioner. They offered 30% refund if I kept it or full refund if I posted back. Asked if I could return to Glasgow and they said no problem.
Musical strips, what's not to like?

I retuned mine instore and got full refund.

Purchased February and worn/washed about 5 times. Front sponsor peeling off, labels inside completely away. Washed inside out, 30°, no fabric conditioner. They offered 30% refund if I kept it or full refund if I posted back. Asked if I could return to Glasgow and they said no problem.
Theyve offered me a 20% refund if I keep the top or full refund if I return, I like the top but I'm not going to wear a top that's all peeling when I go out anywhere

Will be funny in a few years time when the thread title is changed to Nike/Adidas or yer likes.

Mass production of any product is never flawless.

Funny how plenty of people have never had a problem with any football gear over the years and have multiple instances of Castore %^*& ups in less than one season of wear.

Seeing it happen again this season has put me off, I'll be waiting to see how they hold up after some wear and tear.

Will be funny in a few years time when the thread title is changed to Nike/Adidas or yer likes.

Mass production of any product is never flawless.
Please point us to any other football club that has a merchandise supplier that allows products that have been posted on here to be seen out with the factory never mind sent to paying customers.

There is evidently zero quality control, as if there was, products of far higher quality than is being sold to Rangers fans would have been destroyed and factory workers hooked long ago.

This is proper bottom of the barrel stuff here. Anyone, and I mean anyone blaming the fans for potentially washing at 40c instead of 30c or whatever pish is made up over Castore and their shocking treatment of fans are as much of the problem as Castore and should bugger off.

I don’t care if thousands of tops are ok, it’s completely inexcusable that Castore are happy for customers to receive goods of this quality. To advertise goods that are out of stock for sale and hold payments. To not issue refunds and only credit notes after weeks of chasing them up. It’s borderline criminal! And the more people accept it and shift the blame onto honest fans who have been washing kits for decades, the more we will continue to be pissed all over.

It has to stop.

Hummel didn’t shift 500,000 items though.

The more you produce the more errors happen, this is fact.
The true fact of the matter is that these errors shouldn't be getting out the door, what goes to the customer should be a product that has passed all its checks.

This is a quote from the castore Web page 'The founders vision is to build Castore into a brand respected across the globe for a deep and unrelenting commitment to engineering the highest quality sportswear in the world'

Here they are though, firing out poor quality products that shouldn't be getting past their quality checks, which to me says they either don't have the right quality checks or they don't actually care!

Literally thousands of quality shirts have went out but lets focus on 5 or 6 bad shirts that can be easily exchanged
That’s not the point. After the shit storm last year this simply should not be happening. They’ve learned nothing from last year and I still can’t get my head round how we can possibly be out of stock for items on day of launch, you can forgive them underestimating the demand for the first year but they’ve had months to get this launch right and fucked it again.

All mine are still fine from last year, ordered the home top today so will update on that once it’s here.
Your lucky then. Ordered my wee man the black away top, he’s only 5, cost £45 just for the top when I could get him for example the fully Barca kit with shorts and socks from Nike for the same price. His Barca kit is immaculate after numerous washes his Rangers top most of the print in the front of the shirt has fallen off or peeled off. Just not good enough.

Please point us to any other football club that has a merchandise supplier that allows products that have been posted on here to be seen out with the factory never mind sent to paying customers.

There is evidently zero quality control, as if there was, products of far higher quality than is being sold to Rangers fans would have been destroyed and factory workers hooked long ago.

This is proper bottom of the barrel stuff here. Anyone, and I mean anyone blaming the fans for potentially washing at 40c instead of 30c or whatever pish is made up over Castore and their shocking treatment of fans are as much of the problem as Castore and should bugger off.

I don’t care if thousands of tops are ok, it’s completely inexcusable that Castore are happy for customers to receive goods of this quality. To advertise goods that are out of stock for sale and hold payments. To not issue refunds and only credit notes after weeks of chasing them up. It’s borderline criminal! And the more people accept it and shift the blame onto honest fans who have been washing kits for decades, the more we will continue to be pissed all over.

It has to stop.
Liverpool straight off the top of my head. There’s always daft photos cutting about every year of kits that have been sent out knackered.

No matter the supplier, you will always face the same issues when you are producing that many items.

What do you suggest then so solve this issue met by every single major kit supplier?

Castore making an arse of it again and fans once again sticking their heads in the sand. They are taking the piss out the fan base charging extortionate prices for poor quality. They are now worming their way into other clubs so god knows how they will handle even more demand when they struggle to keep up with ours.

Mistakes happen. I'm sure a few of us remember the sleeves being the wrong way round on the Monaco style away top we had (late 80's I think).

The issue here is that it's the same mistakes. Logo's have been coming off tops since probably day one yet it's still happening. Items that they should have plenty of are sold out.

The 'We only had three months lead time' excuse doesn't work any more.

Funny how plenty of people have never had a problem with any football gear over the years and have multiple instances of Castore %^*& ups in less than one season of wear.

Seeing it happen again this season has put me off, I'll be waiting to see how they hold up after some wear and tear.
I’m not standing up for Castore, but the guy’s 100% correct here. You could change your opening sentence to ‘plenty of people have had issues with football tops over the years’. I have numerous under armour golf items that have fallen apart/zip issues. There are tolerances in production. We don’t know if Castore’s is any worse than industry average. Every single person I know who have bought the top have had zero issues with it (kids and adult). There could be 50 items right there. I know they have had issues with logistics and clearly some tops aren’t fit for purpose, so I’m not standing up for them.

Your lucky then. Ordered my wee man the black away top, he’s only 5, cost £45 just for the top when I could get him for example the fully Barca kit with shorts and socks from Nike for the same price. His Barca kit is immaculate after numerous washes his Rangers top most of the print in the front of the shirt has fallen off or peeled off. Just not good enough.
My experience with the black shirt is that the writing on the inside has gone. The 32 red is hanging on and the shirt looks 10 years old. My 92 home shirt is in better shape and it’s almost 30 years old, I am
Not even exaggerating

Hummel didn’t shift 500,000 items though.

The more you produce the more errors happen, this is fact.
So what’s the excuse for my Hummel gear (all of it) still being in extremely good condition and my Castore shirt looking like I found it in a bin bag somewhere 10 years ago?
The number in production is nothing to do with that, it’s simply cheap shite

So what’s the excuse for my Hummel gear (all of it) still being in extremely good condition and my Castore shirt looking like I found it in a bin bag somewhere 10 years ago?
The number in production is nothing to do with that, it’s simply cheap shite
Even the puma stuff I've got is still in good condition

My new top is fine. But I was due some luck after the horror show of a performance I received from Castore last season.

I also believe the club are fully aware of the issues with Castore & were willing to cut them some slack last season. So will be interesting to see what (if anything) they do about it this season if the trend continues.

122 pages, around 40/50% of posters on those pages with issues but those same posters are the odd one with an issue? Castore are an utter shambles and a club the size of Rangers should never have partnered with them.

commercially, we should have brought it in house when offered the chance. Quality control is an absolute basic in retail. Castore appear to go to Asia or turkey and tout for a manufacturer who can promise to fulfil orders at the cheapest price and then go with that. It’s a scandal that this has continued for as long.

Did we have these kind of threads when shitey wee Hummel made our gear?

No, we didn’t. So I hardly think Nike or Adidas will be the same.
I’ve said all along the merchandise that Hummel produced was among the best we have had. Real shame the way the agreement ended. They were a bit different but their merchandise and designs were very good.

Last edited:
Just seen the tops on Twitter, even seeing ones with the names on in the inside wrong and misprinted, mark my words this will be another shit show from castore.

Just a question and apologies if it’s been brought up before....

I used to play Rugby and when it was my turn to wash the strips it would take a 90 degree wash to get them clean and I’m sure this happened every week. There was nothing heat transferred, everything was printed on. Much like our first Nike strip in ‘98 (?). These rugby tops cost half of what we are paying for Castore tops and washing temperature and quality never an issue. I know the material is thicker obviously but still don’t get it.

Castore making an arse of it again and fans once again sticking their heads in the sand. They are taking the piss out the fan base charging extortionate prices for poor quality. They are now worming their way into other clubs so god knows how they will handle even more demand when they struggle to keep up with ours.

This is it in a nutshell for me.

Aside from the QC which will always happen to some degree the quality is poor.

I've posted this before, they market themselves as a premium brand & they are anything but IMHO.

I reluctantly bought the retro top last year, due to the quality issues noted on this thread.

Having seen the latest issues with the new range, I won’t be giving Castore a penny this season.

They are cowboys & it's a disgrace that the Club haven’t taken them properly to task over this.

It’s just a blatant slap in the face to supporters. Not good enough Rangers.

Got a reply last night from castore about my faulty pro top

Many thanks for your email.

We understand how important the shirt is to the fans and cannot apologise enough for this manufacturing error.

We are more than happy to offer you a 20% partial refund for your garment should you choose to keep your top.

Alternatively, you can return for a refund and we will cover the costs of shipping.

Please can you kindly confirm how you would like to proceed?

We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Liverpool straight off the top of my head. There’s always daft photos cutting about every year of kits that have been sent out knackered.

No matter the supplier, you will always face the same issues when you are producing that many items.

What do you suggest then so solve this issue met by every single major kit supplier?

Absolutely deluded, the castore problems are not normal.

I’m not going to list the reasons why they are not, if folk can’t see by now then they never will.

Did we have these kind of threads when shitey wee Hummel made our gear?

No, we didn’t. So I hardly think Nike or Adidas will be the same.
Not making any comments on the quality of Castore, but there were a number of issues with hummel kits for the first team.

Not making any comments on the quality of Castore, but there were a number of issues with hummel kits for the first team.

I hear you. However that first season with Hummel was a total rush job. A local kit provider in Glasgow area had to sort the team out for first day of training under Gerrard as Hummel struggled to fulfil the order.

Kent’s top in Villarreal was again done with a weeks notice as all kits Hummel provided had Utilita on the back which wasn’t allowed in Europa League. It’s why that went wrong.

Can’t make excuses for Hastie’s chevrons a year later but my point remains, on the whole fans were not let down by Hummel when it came to quality of items compared to Castore.

If you pay £60 notes for a top it should be 100%.
If I was Rangers I'd be livid with Castore. The quality is just unacceptable. Castore need to stop with the cheapskate heat printing and fucking sew the stuff on.
I've got tops from years ago that are still worn and mint.
I'd bin Castore after this season. Simply not up to the job.

My experience with the black shirt is that the writing on the inside has gone. The 32 red is hanging on and the shirt looks 10 years old. My 92 home shirt is in better shape and it’s almost 30 years old, I am
Not even exaggerating
My black top from last season is a mess.

the retro top is a cracker and still looks mint.

the problem seems to be the cheap stick on sponsor transfers they have to plaster all over the strips.

still waiting on the email to say this years tops on its way.

Maybe they did but when we had nike and adidas and someone got a faulty top it was probably just returned and exchanged and nobody knew about it due to lack of social media.

That’s not the point. After the shit storm last year this simply should not be happening. They’ve learned nothing from last year and I still can’t get my head round how we can possibly be out of stock for items on day of launch, you can forgive them underestimating the demand for the first year but they’ve had months to get this launch right and fucked it again.

Im sure last year bears in the sports clothing industry told us the quality control usually meant 2-3% of stuff went out with flaws. From what I'm seeing the vast vast majority of gear going out this summer is of better quality than last year. Stock levels are also clearly much better.

Are they perfect? No. However it's been a much improved performance this summer. You could argue we shouldn't be part of Castore's growth as a brand and the the teething issues that brings but they did get us out the SD deal to their credit.

Thr vast majority of bears will be in reach of a store (Glasgow x 2), Belfast, Edinburgh (soon), Manchester and Liverpool have either a Rangers or a Castore branch at which you can return a dodgy kit if you get one. I appreciate that doesn't help bears abroad or up north but I think some people are making a bigger issue out of this based on last year which was in fairness a fookin disaster.

Maybe they did but when we had nike and adidas and someone got a faulty top it was probably just returned and exchanged and nobody knew about it due to lack of social media.

How many people got 2 faulty tops in a season back then? I'd be willing to bet a micro fraction. Of the two I bought this year the orange training top was unwearable with peeling after 3 months and and the home top is wearable but back sponsor all cracked after about 3 months as well. Cracking I get can happen but not that soon.

That's only 2 for myself but as we've seen people have had many more instances than me. It's happening too much and too often, it's early days for this season's stuff so let's hope it's not as frequent as last season. As I said with these issues cropping up again (albeit it doesn't seem to be as much as last season early doors) I'll not be buying anything for a while and see how the stuff holds up after use around New Year.

How many people got 2 faulty tops in a season back then? I'd be willing to bet a micro fraction. Of the two I bought this year the orange training top was unwearable with peeling after 3 months and and the home top is wearable but back sponsor all cracked after about 3 months as well. Cracking I get can happen but not that soon.

That's only 2 for myself but as we've seen people have had many more instances than me. It's happening too much and too often, it's early days for this season's stuff so let's hope it's not as frequent as last season. As I said with these issues cropping up again (albeit it doesn't seem to be as much as last season early doors) I'll not be buying anything for a while and see how the stuff holds up after use around New Year.
I'm not defending Castore but all I'm saying is the last time we had one of the big 2 manufacturers was 19 years ago and if there was an issue you would probably not known how many defects there was as we are not as connected electronically as we are now.

I'm not defending Castore but all I'm saying is the last time we had one of the big 2 manufacturers was 19 years ago and if there was an issue you would probably not known how many defects there was as we are not as connected electronically as we are now.
Maybe wouldn't know if it was a big scale problem, but would have known if half of mine and my pals stuff were defective (like last season).

Didn't have social media, had a lot more social interaction though.

Back