Euro 2020 Italy v Spain - BBC1 20:00

This game yet again showing the Ferdinand dilemma as a pundit.

Earlier, he was excellent breaking down Italy's goal and the mistakes made from a defensive point of view. He's actually really good at explaning the whole defensive side of things.

But then he acts lile a total fanny post match and completely belittles those two teams who just played a cracking game of football as cannon fodder for England. A pompous arse.

%^*& it, hope Denmark hump them now jus so it will make Rio cry.
Italy that are unbeaten in 13-14 games won't be full of confidence like England are, fud

This game yet again showing the Ferdinand dilemma as a pundit.

Earlier, he was excellent breaking down Italy's goal and the mistakes made from a defensive point of view. He's actually really good at explaning the whole defensive side of things.

But then he acts lile a total fanny post match and completely belittles those two teams who just played a cracking game of football as cannon fodder for England. A pompous arse.

No different to posters on here who were saying Italy will wipe the floor with England.

Seconded
He’s off his head and it’s arseholes like him that make the vast majority of Scottish people want England to lose
I have nothing against English people or their players or managers but Rio - arsehole
He reckons that England would beat both of them,
"...but let's beat Denmark first".
Spain or Italy, no problem, but Denmark ...
Rio's a tit.

i think its pretty much a given that england has just won the damn thing, i just can't see england losing tomorrow and the italians will be absolutely tired
Italy now have 117 hours to recover before the final at 8pm on Sunday. How will they be anymore tired than England/Denmark, both of whom could play 120 minutes and have 24 less hours to recover?

Ferdinand should know better, should they beat Denmark then Italy will be an entirely different proposition altogether.

They have been magnificent and are simply not losing games.

We certainly saw Italian vulnerability tonight. Having carried all before them in the previous rounds, they had to concede possession and territory to Spain, who would have won if they had a decent attacking threat.

Once forced to substitute most of their first choices from middle to front, Italy looked much less impressive, unlikely to win in open play, and relied on the penalties lottery.

I thought Italy were stick-ons if they got to the final. Now I’m not so sure.

Italy now have 117 hours to recover before the final at 8pm on Sunday. How will they be anymore tired than England/Denmark, both of whom could play 120 minutes and have 24 less hours to recover?
Had a math teacher demonstrating in a half hour that 2+2 makes 3. He could be on something.

I genuinely don’t know how you can say that?

England have been average and that’s being kind.
Not lost a goal. Coming right into form and Kane finding form right in time for business end of tournament. Personally for me if England get over that semi final mental hurdle they're winning on Sunday.

Let's be honest tho, it's not just one. Danny Murphy was at it earlier in the game an aw
No its not been hearing them over hyping their teams for years its what fans and pundits do here too but they have a good team here who work hard albeit Italy are the favs and rightly so and Denmark cannot be written off either!

Last edited:
Think it’s the easier draw for England if they get there, big Chielini (my spelling) superb loving every minute of it.

Tonight was a great game. Sergio Busquets rolled back the the years and can feel hard done by being on the losing side. Italy showing another side to their game where they can grind out a victory. They’ve been team of the tournament by a distance.
Italy have been brilliant this tournament but they have been masters at grinding out victories when required for decades.

Am not gawna complain ffs, it's just annoying is all
Why does it annoy you so much though? English footballer gets behind england, hardly worth the upset.

I said earlier in another thread, I have no enemies in england but plenty up here.

Back