2000 fans allowed for the Arsenal game

Whatever they allow Celtic for their game next Tuesday, they will allow us the exact same. Just like we are both 2000 this Saturday.

This isn't a Rangers v Celtic thing, it's a Tartan Army v clubs farce that shows up the SNP for the clueless, agenda driven clowns they are.
This. The rumour was that we’d have 12,000 for Brighton and Real. I think that will still be the case UNLESS the Dhims get granted a higher figure for next midweek. In which case we would expect more as well.

If you don’t think 18000 fans makes any sort of difference you are the one that’s short sighted.

We are talking about two friendlies. Friendlies. I’ve waited 18 months. I can wait another weekend. I’ll be at Blackpool on Wednesday. I can wait another couple of weeks.
Ridiculous. Why are you so concerned about Celtic anyway. Little club mentality to be worrying about their perceived edge in a preliminary qualifier based on having a few thousand more fans in the ground and it’s petty. Bigger picture is getting supporters into stadiums - this is the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Nobody here wants Celtic to win football matches, but we all want fans back in grounds if their application is granted then it’s no guarantee they win, but it is a guarantee that we have more arsed on seats at Ibrox at the start of the season.

I do agree that MyGers should have nothing to do with it. But when it’s now been confirmed that hospitality are getting in for all 3 friendlies then it makes me think different. I never signed up for a season ticket which stated that I’d always be second best to hospitality. I’ve said before, i understand and agree with them getting some perks. But to let them in for all 3 friendlies and flag day when the majority of ST holders won’t be in for any is just abusing us now.

But we are supporters, not customers. So absolutely nothing we can do about it. And Rangers know that.
Yeah understand the issue the club face

If hospitality season tickets include all games there is nothing the club can do but allow access

Only area for ordinary season tickets is MLF that includes all games I am sure

So basically the season ticket holders who pay our money like everyone else but are not members of Mygers are now being treated as second class citizens?

I wouldn't read too much into this game mate. It's all going to hospitality.

The other friendlies will go to friendly box tickers as they should, most of whom will be MyGers. I do have sympathy for a friendly box ticker who isn't in MyGers but I'd say the numbers of these who actually miss out on a ticket will be miniscule.

Does this mean should we have reduced capacity for league games that MyGers will be used instead of a ballot between all ST holders?

I’m an ST holder but not signed up to either Home Friendlies on CCS or MyGers so obviously wasn’t expecting to go this weekend.

I am worried about the precedent of using MyGers to decide ‘priority’ if the same mechanism is used in a few weeks when the league starts even if we creep up to larger numbers.

Regular home game priority was never advertised as a perk of MyGers and I’ll be very annoyed if it is suddenly used as a condition of ‘eligibility’ for a regular ST game. A bit of transparency wouldn’t go amiss.
This is my concern too. Is MyGers membership going to factor into who gets to attend flag day?

Absolutely. We’re playing in Europe in approx 2 weeks, think of the bigger picture mate
Yeh for a competitive match I’d agree. But it’s not. It’s a friendly. It makes no difference how many we play in front of for a friendly but it will make a massive difference to them playing in front of 18000. A major advantage.

Thats been worded smartly, but its Bar72/Hospitality folk who are getting all the tickets.

Any tickets not taken by them (they’ll all be taken) are balloted to MyGers members.
Good spot, there will be a handful of tickets available for the rest!

So basically the season ticket holders who pay our money like everyone else but are not members of Mygers are now being treated as second class citizens?

Seems that way yes.

£1,400 over 2 seasons here but I’m not as ‘important’ a fan for someone who has paid an extra £50 for a membership scheme I personally have no use for.

This is my concern too. Is MyGers membership going to factor into who gets to attend flag day?
Hope so now. If hospitality keeping getting priority then why shouldn’t MyGers members? It’s all about who gives Rangers the most money.

Possibly. Lot of stuff coming out the club these days has an EPL feel to it, and not in a good way.

In the type of way where fans are the least important people at the club.
Been getting the same feeling mate.

Thought it was just me.

I get that Bisgrove is there to gain for us commercially etc.

However, this should never be at the expense of the fans being shunted down. There are a few things that have me slightly concerned on that.

Ridiculous. Why are you so concerned about Celtic anyway. Little club mentality to be worrying about their perceived edge in a preliminary qualifier based on having a few thousand more fans in the ground and it’s petty. Bigger picture is getting supporters into stadiums - this is the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Nobody here wants Celtic to win football matches, but we all want fans back in grounds if their application is granted then it’s no guarantee they win, but it is a guarantee that we have more arsed on seats at Ibrox at the start of the season.
9th August. Can you not wait that long? It’s a friendly.

Has or did any journalist raise the point with our esteemed first minister re amount of fans in club grounds now? genuinely asking as would like to know the rationale behind the decision making.
its bad enough we only get 2k fans a couple of weeks after Hampden hosted over 12k. Now we could be in the situation where we have 2k on a Saturday but the bogtrotters could have 18k on the tuesday.

They have to justify mygers subscriptions to be fair. It was always gonna be that way

Pissed off at the 2k fans allowed given Hampden had 12.5k 3 weeks ago

No way can Scot Govt justify the amount allowed in for this Saturday

Also pissed off as a STH and not a MyGers member I am not in a ballot for a home game

That’s not acceptable

Greg Marshall picked a good week to take annual leave just before the shit hits the fan
Nothing to do with the allocation, it was his Birthday this week
Pretty sure these decisions are well above his paygrade

There was an announcement a week or two ago about the CCS opening. Is there a window for joining it? Have I missed it? Don't care about the arsenal game too much but crowds are coming back, hoping to get a semi or a final this year.

I've written off getting in the stadium until the scum game. Even then I'm worried about that.

The Scottish Government aren't going to do us any favours.

Does this mean should we have reduced capacity for league games that MyGers will be used instead of a ballot between all ST holders?
For Livingston we are going to have a reduced capacity so going by what has been stated for the Arsenal game yes

Say there 20k MyGers member that are STH that is all that can attend or be in the ballot depends how many allowed in - that is wrong IMO and say that as MyGers member that is a STH

i didn’t tick the box for friendlies so can’t have any complaints about not having access to this.

If mygers will be getting used for home league games though I’ll be asking for my money back

For Livingston we are going to have a reduced capacity so going by what has been stated for the Arsenal game yes

Say there 20k MyGers member that are STH that is all that can attend or be in the ballot depends how many allowed in - that is wrong IMO and say that as MyGers member that is a STH
Cheers mate, disgrace if that’s the case surely every ST holder should be treated the same for regular league games

There was an announcement a week or two ago about the CCS opening. Is there a window for joining it? Have I missed it? Don't care about the arsenal game too much but crowds are coming back, hoping to get a semi or a final this year.
You can go online and join it

Hope my more expensive seat in GR gets priority over someone who sits in GF, Copland and Broomloan (obviously i am joking)

Rangers going down a dodgy route with this.
Couldn’t agree more. But nothing will get done about it. In fact, more people will now buy MyGers this week so they have a chance of Madrid game. It’s actually a blinder Rangers have played.

But why should mygers have been included in the selection criteria?

At no point until today have the club ever suggested mygers would be used as a basis to decide which ST holders can attend games at Ibrox. We have a CCCS for friendlies, what’s the point in having that if they’re going to add another layer onto the selection criteria

The only selection criteria that should’ve been used is ST holders that ticked the friendlies cccs
Im not disagreeing as such but I suppose you could say what we have just now with the pandemic/covid, its not a normal situation.

1 year from now when we are hopefully back to normal with full capacity and all restrictions lifted then mygers will more than likely not be used/needed in this way.

I think from what Im hearing from a yahoo in my work our criteria for the arsenal game is exactly the same as what they have did for preston game and similar to what most clubs in the UK are doing.

Hope my more expensive seat in GR gets priority over someone who sits in GF, Copland and Broomloan (obviously i am joking)

Rangers going down a dodgy route with this.
Just replied the same mate, it really is dodgy territory the club are going down

I honestly don’t think we’re too far away from the club offering “enhanced” STs, whereby you pay more as a lump sum to have priority for certain things, almost like hospitality but not quite

For example, a ST holder in BF could pay an extra £300 which gives them access to all European home games. Just your luck if we get papped out in qualifiers or make it to last 16

The club are fairly ripping the cvnt out of us now

Reading this thread it appears most have an issue with my gers being used as a basis for allocating tickets, what can be done to raise this to the club in a constructive manner?

it sounds like you do actually have a use for it now tbf.

Which would be well and good if it was actually publicised as a perk of the membership scheme.

If they had been up front around MyGers renewal time and said that likely limited attendances for regular ST home games in the short term would be prioritised based on MyGers membership I would probably have paid it.

But as usual it’s piss poor communication from the club.

Im not disagreeing as such but I suppose you could say what we have just now with the pandemic/covid, its not a normal situation.

1 year from now when we are hopefully back to normal with full capacity and all restrictions lifted then mygers will more than likely not be used/needed in this way.

I think from what Im hearing from a yahoo in my work our criteria for the arsenal game is exactly the same as what they have did for preston game and similar to what most clubs in the UK are doing.
But it’s now clear that it’s going to be used for home games - if we’ve still got limited capacity throughout the season, I wouldn’t be surprised if mygers is what’s used to determine who gets to go

It’s a disgrace bud

If you want to go down that route mate, ST holders in main stand front pay more than Copland front

They should get priority then?
It’s the route Rangers are now going down. Hospitality given priority on absolutely everything. Now this nonsense that you need to have MyGers for a home friendly.

Reading this thread it appears most have an issue with my gers being used as a basis for allocating tickets, what can be done to raise this to the club in a constructive manner?
Finally there’s others starting to open their eyes to things

Welcome to the path of enlightenment. Fu.ck mygers. Those that created this shit show have badly judged the mechanisms and how it will operate

So as a holder of season tickets for years without MyGers membership I will be behind a new season ticket holder with MyGers membership.

Am I now going to have to purchase MyGers membership to have a better chance of being allowed in for reduced allocation games?

Is this the jist of it or am I way off?

It’s the route Rangers are now going down. Hospitality given priority on absolutely everything. Now this nonsense that you need to have MyGers for a home friendly.
I know mate, my sarcasm didn’t really shine through

As the poster srengar said, it’s dodgy ground we’re entering

It was never designed for home matches. Or home friendlies. That’s was CCCS is for.
ST holders that signed up to the friendlies cccs committed to buying any friendlies at Ibrox, whether it was Annan or Arsenal

At no point did the club tell ST holders that mygers might be used as a mechanism to decide who’d get access to games at Ibrox

If it was a ballot between ST holders that signed the friendlies cccs box I’d have no complaints. Mygers shouldn’t be involved at all though

As I said, the club are a disgrace doing this

Fair enough. I'd just woke up and hadn't had time to process the information yet. You're 100% right.

MyGers is used to determine priority for paying for extra matches and getting tickets.

Season ticket holders have already paid for their ticket to all home league games so you can't not have people in the ballot because they didn't sign up for something else completely irrelevant.

So as a holder of season tickets for years without MyGers membership I will be behind a new season ticket holder with MyGers membership.

Am I now going to have to purchase MyGers membership to have a better chance of being allowed in for reduced allocation games?

Is this the jist of it or am I way off?
No you might be right

If Livingston game goes the same way as the friendlies then I have a better chance than you currently to attend it as a new STH with MyGers unless you opt to join MyGers

That is not right IMO

Which would be well and good if it was actually publicised as a perk of the membership scheme.

If they had been up front around MyGers renewal time and said that likely limited attendances for regular ST home games in the short term would be prioritised based on MyGers membership I would probably have paid it.

But as usual it’s piss poor communication from the club.
What they're effectively trying to do is force people who are buying a season ticket to also pay to join MyGers because if you don't it appears now that you get punished for it. It's a snidey way of increasing the ST prices by £50, which given the fact nobody's been to a game in 18 months is an utter disgrace.

Back