2000 fans allowed for the Arsenal game

Does it not bring a few quid in for the Club, the whole world is about money
I’ve argued the rights and wrongs at length to the point it’s like an echo chamber but I do understand the commercial aspect

If the club needed £, add £ onto the cost of STs; charge for a TC scheme; charge to join an away cccs; then have a membership scheme “mygers” for perks like meeting players, visits to the training ground, signed tops etc

I don’t want to derail the thread but ultimately mygers shouldn’t be used to determine who can attend Ibrox. My opinion on that won’t ever change

In the ballot as I ticked home friendlies and have MyGers. As I say with only 2k no RSC no large group of my mates going etc etc can't say I'm fussed 1 way or other. 12k to 2 when the restrictions are meant to be lessening. Follow the science indeed.
Aye I would have been in the ballot as well as I ticket the box and on mygers.

Wasn't sure if the emails had been sent out yet or not but.

I dont think it will be used throughout season if limited capacity as it will mean non mygers members will potentially not get to Ibrox until full capacity allowed.

My own thoughts are that the club have been in discussions with scottish government/SFA/SPFL requesting a larger crown for arsenal game.

They have came back late yesterday/early this morning and rejected an increase on the standard 2000.

Because the game is only 3 days away, the logistics of trying to contact 46000 season ticket holders to ask if they want included in a ballot, then carry out the ballot, then inform the successful applicants and advise them of protocols/how to access stadium/activate smart card would be virtually impossible they have decided to do it this way for this game only.

Lets be honest people are not going to be happy or satisfied when only 4% of season ticket holders will be allowed into our first home game in over a year.

You also need to factor in that rightly or wrongly the people in hospitality will more than likely be the first names down because of the income this brings into the club, every club in the UK/europe will be working this way so its not specific to Rangers.

Surely if we are taking MyGers out of the equation the ballot would be for the subset of the ST holders who are on CCS and ticked the friendlies box? I would be surprised if that is anywhere approaching 40-odd thousand people.

Probably a moot point anyway in the sense as has been said the amount of tickets left after hospitality will be minimal, but they will still have to perform some kind of allocation exercise.

Even if it’s special events, it doesn’t really cause them more work to just include all ST holders that ticked friendlies cccs into the ballot

Anyway, this is another example of why I despise mygers and whoever thought this fu.cking nonsense up should hang their head in shame
Simply trying to draw folk back from this notion that MyGers will be used beyond flag day mate. Nobody knows one way or another. On the face of it all Restrictions should be gone after 9 Aug in any case.

As I suggested in my earlier post, my own expectation is a ballot of all STs for the two remaining friendlies with success in one eliminating you from the other. I’d expect a similar, all ST holder ballot for flag day. I’m less convinced how we will handle it for the CL qualifier if we are at home in the first leg (3/4 Aug).

Maybe looking at it from a positive viewpoint (or maybe that should be ‘least worse’) rather than straight to the negative angle?

Last edited:
I’ve argued the rights and wrongs at length to the point it’s like an echo chamber but I do understand the commercial aspect

If the club needed £, add £ onto the cost of STs; charge for a TC scheme; charge to join an away cccs; then have a membership scheme “mygers” for perks like meeting players, visits to the training ground, signed tops etc

I don’t want to derail the thread but ultimately mygers shouldn’t be used to determine who can attend Ibrox. My opinion on that won’t ever change
You have every right to have that opinion but ultimately someone has had to make a decision, glad it's not me

Is my understanding right?

Hospitality and Bar72 ticket holders have already paid extra in their season tickets for friendlies, whereas "standard" season ticket holders only have paid for league games. Some of those season ticket holders have committed to pay for friendlies and cup ties, but none of them have actually paid up front.
That's why hospitality and Bar72 get first priority for friendlies as Rangers already have their money for the games.

If any tickets left for friendlies, which will be the case for Real Madrid but not Arsenal, then Rangers will give priority to season ticket holders who have ticked the CCCS box for friendly games as they have given the club a commitment for these games, and if there are too many of them, those within that group who also paid a MyGers subscription get first.

If all that is right, I would think if the Real game is allowed 18,000 to 20,000 fans, everyone who ticked the friendly box gets in as I doubt 20,000 ticked that box. So the MyGers thing becomes academic.

League games, for me, are totally different. Every season ticket holder, regardless of where the ticket is for, has given Rangers the money to be there. The only fair way to decide who gets in is an open ballot for everybody. And I say that as a season holder since the early 1980s, and a MyGers member. The one and only criteria to be in the ballot should be you have already paid to be there.

For a few hundred tickets what was the point in making MyGers a criteria? Did the person making this decision not realise that even MyGers members think this is a shocking decision? Never mind the the non members who ticked CCCS. Do they actually care? Couldn’t make it more obvious that they only care about our money.

What is the justification?

Hampden with the same capacity was allowed 12,000.

What is it they believe has changed?

Rangers not having the ability to hit them in the pocket like I assume UEFA could have done will be the main reason, plus the optics of being made to look foolish on a Europe-wide stage don’t really apply now as no one gives a %^*& about this backwater at the best of times.

I have ticked every single box, and have Gold Tier in MyGers, I doubt myself and thousands of others will get a ticket. It's just the way it is
And if the people with Hospitality are getting the first refusal, then I think that is probably right on balance as they have put in the most money
James Bisgrove has been getting plaudits since he came to the Club, but now some people are blaming him for not getting a ticket
I realise a lot of supporters are annoyed but the ones that never ticked the Friendlies box can have no complaints about missing out on a chance to see Arsenal or Real Madrid.
The blame lies in Edinburgh, not Edmiston Drive

It's got nothing to do with not getting a ticket. You shouldn't be expected to pay an additional £50 in order to stand a chance for a ticket at Ibrox. That's what the season ticket is for!

We've got hundreds of thousands of supporters across the World who no longer stand any chance of ever seeing a game at Ibrox. MyGers is as much use to these supporters as a season ticket at Parkheed. This is before we even consider that season ticket holders are even getting shafted here. MyGers is a closed shop unless you're at the very top of the system. How can anyone in bronze tier climb? It'll take years and years and years of £50 donations to the club and even then it's not guaranteed.

Everyone, anyone apparently.

Simply trying to draw folk back from this notion that MyGers will be used beyond flag day mate. Nobody knows one way or another. On the face of it all Restrictions should be gone after 9 Aug in any case.

As I suggested in my earlier post, my own expectation is a ballot of all STs for the two remaining friendlies with success in one eliminating you from the other. I’d expect a similar, all ST holder ballot for flag day. I’m less convinced how we will handle it for the CL qualifier if we are at home in the first leg (3/4 Aug).

Maybe looking at it from a positive viwewpoint (or maybe that should be ‘least worse’) rather than straight to the negative angle?
Re your last sentence, it’s hard not to jump in two-footed considering how much worse I’ve discovered mygers is the longer times went on

I’m not entirely impartial though (considering my well publicised opinions on mygers) so maybe best I sit the rest of this thread out

Is my understanding right?

Hospitality and Bar72 ticket holders have already paid extra in their season tickets for friendlies, whereas "standard" season ticket holders only have paid for league games. Some of those season ticket holders have committed to pay for friendlies and cup ties, but none of them have act6paid up front.
That's why hospitality and Bar72 get first priority for friendlies as Rangers already have their money for the games.

If any tickets left for friendlies, which will be the case for Real Madrid but not Arsenal, then Rangers will give priority to season ticket holders who have ticked the CCCS box for friendly games as they have given the club a commitment for these games, and if there are too many of them, those within that group who also paid a MyGers subscription get first.

If all that is right, I would think if the Real game is allowed 18,000 to 20,000 fans, everyone who ticked the friendly box gets in as I doubt 20,000 ticked that box. So the MyGers thing becomes academic.

League games, for me, are totally different. Every season ticket holder, regardless of where the ticket is for, has given Rangers the money to be there. The only fair way to decide who gets in is an open ballot for everybody. And I say that as a season holder since the early 1980s, and a MyGers member. The one and only criteria to be in the ballot should be you have already paid to be there.
Not really. You pay for all home matches, that’s your 18 league matches. Anything else is a bonus. Regardless, let’s go with this. So for flag day, hospitality should have no priority then. Then assuming restrictions are still in play for next league match, they’ll still be there again. And again.

1400 people don’t contribute more money to the club than 49,000 STH. The club need to remember this.

Re your last sentence, it’s hard not to jump in two-footed considering how much worse I’ve discovered mygers is the longer times went on

I’m not entirely impartial though (considering my well publicised opinions on mygers) so maybe best I sit the rest of this thread out
Your opinion is Crystal clear and shared by others.

Hope my more expensive seat in GR gets priority over someone who sits in GF, Copland and Broomloan (obviously i am joking)

Rangers going down a dodgy route with this.

I don’t think you’ll be in your usual seat for a while to maintain social distancing. I’ll be allocated a “category 1 seat” (whatever that means) for the Arsenal game.
Perhaps it would be wise to wait and see what happens for subsequent games. This match, with a paltry 2000, is effectively a test event. Rangers, as yet, have said nothing beyond the Arsenal match.

If, as expected, we have significantly more for the next 2 friendlies then the Club will, hopefully, include all ST holders in the ballot who’ve signed up to home friendlies and not factor in the MyGers element. It may be that we ‘copy’ the Dhims again and say if you are successful in the ballot for one match then you won’t get a ticket for the second.

I‘m not in favour of MyGers for home matches but can accept this might be considered an ‘exceptional’ event given the circumstances. In truth, there’s likely to be very, very few tickets available anyway after corporate and, perhaps players, in any case. I’d suggest less than 500.

I’ve got a ticket for all three home games and all will be in a ‘category 1’ seat in the SJR. I won’t be in my usual Bar72 seat.

I’d imagine the allocation for Brighton and Real Madrid will increase, but unsure what will happen to seating allocation!

Not really. You pay for all home matches, that’s your 18 league matches. Anything else is a bonus. Regardless, let’s go with this. So for flag day, hospitality should have no priority then. Then assuming restrictions are still in play for next league match, they’ll still be there again. And again.

1400 people don’t contribute more money to the club than 49,000 STH. The club need to remember this.

Hospitality guests will be there at flag day, as a priority, and will receive a small gift :)

Impressive Peter but doesn't make you more important than a fan who has had a season ticket for 1, 5, or 10 years unfortunately. We are all fans at the end of the day. We should all be treated the same.

Ps.
Agree with those commenting on MYGERS being used in any allocation criteria.
Cccs and those ticking the home friendlies box should all be treated equally.
Adding in a new twist is quite Sturgeonesque from the club
iam not asking for preferentual treatment ,only looking for equallity, my gers members should not be treated any different from any other season ticket holder

I'm not if sure you're actually disagreeing with me.

I don’t think you’ll be in your usual seat for a while to maintain social distancing. I’ll be allocated a “category 1 seat” (whatever that means) for the Arsenal game.

I’ve got a ticket for all three home games and all will be in a ‘category 1’ seat in the SJR. I won’t be in my usual Bar72 seat.

I’d imagine the allocation for Brighton and Real Madrid will increase, but unsure what will happen to seating allocation!
Just for clarity, I meant a ballot of all ST holders who ticked for home friendlies. Corporate, who’ve committed to these upfront, will get into all games.

Can I ask if anyone knows- how many season ticket holders have actually signed up fo all friendlies- if past seasons attendances are taken as a guide I would suggest less than 15k have ticked the box - with the rest purchasing a ticket on the day - today’s figure might even be less due to the Covid factor and School holiday period and the assumption that no crowds would be allowed in before Christmas at renewal time.

I'm not if sure you're actually disagreeing with me.
I’m agreeing and disagreeing.

I agree hospitality should get some perks. Most do pay for all home league matches. But to give them all 3 friendlies I think is too much. But to also be given them priority on all home league matches plus qualifiers etc (which they will) which restrictions are in place is just too much. It’s unlimited perks.

Rangers treating them as VIPS when in reality, the real VIPs are every single ST holder.

I’d hope there would be a protest outside this and every game until numbers increase.

This isn’t just a Rangers issue.

Already got people in this thread asking if they can now tick the Friendly CCCS box. And therefore reducing original box-tickers chances, if there's more demand than supply.

Already got people in this thread asking if they can now tick the Friendly CCCS box. And therefore reducing original box-tickers chances, if there's more demand than supply.
People don’t want to pay for friendlies if not an attractive team or on holiday. They’d rather not tick box and buy when tickets become available. Not saying I agree with it. Rangers probably should not be allowing people to join now.

Surely this is something that Neil Doncaster, being the chief executive of a members organisation and charged with acting in the best interests of said members, should be challenging the Scottish government on their behalf?

I’d rather we played a friendly in front of 2000 people if it meant Celtic played a European Qualifer in front of only 2000. No Rangers fan should want them to play an important match in front of 18000 people, which would give them more of an advantage.
Cutting your nose off to spite your face a bit is that not?

Deliberately worded like that.
Yeah I'd originally typed that and then took it out again.

Baffling decision with MyGers too. Not a benefit anyone on the scheme expected, probably won't come into play for Arsenal and will then be academic come bigger capacity games like Madrid providing the Govt play ball. Weird one all round.

A farce after letting 12,000 into Hampden when it suited them. So much for following the science/data.

She's spent weeks saying that the we should maybe be not focussing on cases now & move to hospital admissions/deaths as indicators

but still hyperboles based on cases

she's a crank who moves the goalposts more than a rampaging Scots at old Wembley

Yeah I'd originally typed that and then took it out again.

Baffling decision with MyGers too. Not a benefit anyone on the scheme expected, probably won't come into play for Arsenal and will then be academic come bigger capacity games like Madrid providing the Govt play ball. Weird one all round.
How many will not join MyGers to give themselves a chance for next friendlies?

Back