Gers fan in the dock

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Prosecutors claim the 28-year-old behaved in a threatening or abusive manner which would cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm".

Seems that absolutely everything causes people to suffer fear and alarm these days.
A country full of fannies at times!!

I think someone needs to have a word with Abdul before someone ends up getting the jail. People are stupidly joining in with him thinking it is all a big joke. He was at his antics in Belfast at the 12th and a lot of people were getting selfies etc. Interestingly one bandsman called him a f**king wanker probably due to negative publicity this brings to our fans.

Haven’t seen a thread on it but Abdul and his dubious cameraman have stitched up quite a few people in Belfast getting them to sing the same song on camera. Must be 4 or 5 different groups on camera singing it plastered all over YouTube

Don’t get me wrong, anyone who joins in deserves all they get and I hope those in Belfast get charged too but Abdul is just a PR disaster from start to finish. He needs to pack it in.

Haven’t seen a thread on it but Abdul and his dubious cameraman have stitched up quite a few people in Belfast getting them to sing the same song on camera. Must be 4 or 5 different groups on camera singing it plastered all over YouTube

Don’t get me wrong, anyone who joins in deserves all they get and I hope those in Belfast get charged too but Abdul is just a PR disaster from start to finish. He needs to pack it in.

MFDM tells a tale of how he watched a legendry old former player walking down Eddy Drive towards the main doors on a match day and nobody was paying him any attention

Meanwhile daft arse weans were stopping the buffoon Rafiq for selfies

*cringe

I can’t believe some of the drivel I’m reading on this thread. I hate the sterilised society we now live in but trying to suggest that this song is not racist and very offensive is utterly absurd. The girl is a complete embarrassment to herself, her family and most importantly our club. Let her take her medicine and hopefully we’ll have one less idiot to embarrass our club.

Youve just used a racially offensive term yourself

Maybe you didn't realise you did, but you did.

Possibly like the drunk girl in the video.

Can you see how easy it is to f*ck up in todays world?
The word ‘Paki’ has always been racist and it will always be racist. There is no defence for its use.

Comparing it to a legally accepted term for slander or libel in a court setting is totally and wholly inaccurate, and a very poor response.

Moronic behaviour, but not sure we should be putting people through the legal system for it.

I assume she might be well known to the PF.

The word ‘Paki’ has always been racist and it will always be racist. There is no defence for its use.

Comparing it to a legally accepted term for slander or libel in a court setting is totally and wholly inaccurate, and a very poor response.

Youve missed my point entirely

You used the expression "blackening" which is now considered to be racist terminology

Because its using the colour black in a negative form

Like black magic
Or
Black sheep of the family

You might not have realised you had used racist language but you did.

Thats how easy it is these days

"Prosecutors claim the 28-year-old behaved in a threatening or abusive manner which would cause a reasonable person to suffer fear or alarm".

Seems that absolutely everything causes people to suffer fear and alarm these days.
A country full of fannies at times!!

The angle her defence might focus on is not the words of the song being sung but the surrounding circumstances.

As I understand it, the video was posted on social media and then she was charged. She might argue that she did not give permission for the video to be posted.

The angle her defence might focus on is not the words of the song being sung but the surrounding circumstances.

As I understand it, the video was posted on social media and then she was charged. She might argue that she did not give permission for the video to be posted.

Im sure most murderers caught on cctv or cell phone didnt give their permission to be filmed

I can’t believe some of the drivel I’m reading on this thread. I hate the sterilised society we now live in but trying to suggest that this song is not racist and very offensive is utterly absurd. The girl is a complete embarrassment to herself, her family and most importantly our club. Let her take her medicine and hopefully we’ll have one less idiot to embarrass our club.
I think the opposite is true and you enjoy it.

It gives people the chance to play the perfect citizen. To go full Graham Spiers.

Someone thats never made a mistake, how do we know you lot have never made any errors in your life or shouted something mental at a game or after it... you tell us on here but you can understand why some find it difficult to believe. I dont believe it i think its bollocks i dont know anyone that support Rangers or Celtic or even Scotland that is perfect. I think this stuff is pathetic.

Odd how they named her, when the shoe is on the other foot from the other side of the city it's 'a football fan' or similar

Just get her brief to take that Abdul guy into court, get Abdul to say 'I got her to sing it about me'....case ends

Im sure most murderers caught on cctvor cell phone didnt give their permission to be filmed

It's the basis of the charge I'm driving at - not the words.

If someone captured you saying something in your home that you might subsequently regret and then plastered it all over the internet, presumably you wouldn't be too happy.

If you shout out abuse at a match then you can be charged with BOTP-style legislation, although some lawyers have argued that it is inappropriate because realistically no-one is placed in a state of fear or alarm.

But if she was egged on by some guys such as Abdul and didn't give her permission for any video to be posted on social media, it's arguably a different scenario and that's what her defence may home in on.

Anyone defending it needs to get out of the dark ages.

It's not being in the dark ages. It's being in the real world and adopting common sense.

Ever done anything stupid in your life?

Anything you were subsequently embarrassed by? Especially whilst drunk.

If not, you're a living saint amongst us.

This need from some to hunt down those they perceive as non-p.c bemuses me.

She was drunk, she acted stupid, she's been embarrassed online for all to see.

Yet you want her punished more? And that's from a fellow Gers fan?

What do you want? Throw her in jail? Put her in the stocks?

I'm sorry. I don't live in the dark ages - you do!

Just get her brief to take that Abdul guy into court, get Abdul to say 'I got her to sing it about me'....case ends

Theres a video on line which shows him encouraging pished up weans to sing it

He is an absolute banger

It's the basis of the charge I'm driving at - not the words.

If someone captured you saying something in your home that you might subsequently regret and then plastered it all over the internet, presumably you wouldn't be too happy.

If you shout out abuse at a match then you can be charged with BOTP-style legislation, although some lawyers have argued that it is inappropriate because realistically no-one is placed in a state of fear or alarm.

But if she was egged on by some guys such as Abdul and didn't give her permission for any video to be posted on social media, it's arguably a different scenario and that's what her defence may home in on.

Hence the reason a botp has been replaced in the last 10 years with a sect 38
Where a reasonable person would be alarmed or concerned

That 'reasonable person' doesn't need to be present

Theres a video on line which shows him encouraging pished up weans to sing it

He is an absolute banger
Totally agree, He's a prick, how people see him as some kind of celebrity is beyond me, but even saying that.. i don't condone the suckerpunch sh1te he experienced from that green brigade coward in London.

I think the opposite is true and you enjoy it.

It gives people the chance to play the perfect citizen. To go full Graham Spiers.

Someone thats never made a mistake, how do we know you lot have never made any errors in your life or shouted something mental at a game or after it... you tell us on here but you can understand why some find it difficult to believe. I dont believe it i think its bollocks i dont know anyone that support Rangers or Celtic or even Scotland that is perfect. I think this stuff is pathetic.

Well unfortunately for you, you’re a million miles off the mark. I’m far from a perfect citizen and like everyone else say/have said and done things that I shouldn’t have. I’m fortunate enough however to have been educated to a level where I know what’s stupid and potentially inappropriate and what’s completely unacceptable. This place was up in arms about Glen Kamara being racially abused yet some try to defend this halfwit’s use of racist language, it’s embarrassing.

Last edited:
Totally agree, He's a prick, how people see him as some kind of celebrity is beyond me, but even saying that.. i don't condone the suckerpunch sh1te he experienced from that green brigade coward in London.

Neither do I
That was an absolute shitebag attack

Well unfortunately for you, you’re a million miles off the mark. I’m far from a perfect citizen and like everyone else have say/have said and done things that I shouldn’t have. I’m fortunate enough however to have been educated to a level where I know what’s stupid and potentially inappropriate and what’s completely unacceptable. This place was up in arms about Glen Kamara being racially abused yet some try to defend this halfwit’s use of racist language, it’s embarrassing.

Drawing comparisons between the two situations is totally disingenuous.

Hence the reason a botp has been replaced in the last 10 years with a sect 38
Where a reasonable person would be alarmed or concerned

That 'reasonable person' doesn't need to be present

I reckon her defence will argue this was a form of entrapment.

If it was methadone Micks twin sister then she deserves all she gets.
Your typical "look at me I'm a Rangers supporter" that turns up at this type of celebration, out their faces on %^*& knows what shouting shite that gets the rest of us tarred as morons and racists.
Totally agree with this . Cringe behaviour . Having said all that, is it really the best use of police time to be having a court case arranged for a daft wee lassie singing a song full of merry down? Surely a quick fine and some education would be a better solution .

Aye sorry, forgot that we have different levels of racism and how drunken use of racist language is fine.

Of course we do.

I'll give you an example....

A person calling another doing their job, to their face, " a F*cking Monkey". That's blatant racism. The Kamara example you tried to compare.

A drunk woman singing to a camera a song involving "P*ki"....that's just stupid, ill-educated and daft. The two are NOT the same.

Your problem is that you cannot see that.

You're brainwashed to condemn even the sniff of perceived racism in the hardest terms.

I'll be honest, I'm totally sick of people like you right now.

Stop being offended by everything.

Of course we do.

Your problem is that you cannot see that.

You're brainwashed to condemn even the sniff of perceived racism in the hardest terms.

I'll be honest, I'm totally sick of people like you right now.

Stop being offended by everything.

The feeling is absolutely mutual. Utterly ridiculous and nonsensical attempt at a defence and the very reason our wider support is consistently tarnished. It wasn’t perceived racism, it was overt. I’m not brainwashed by anything, you’re trying to defend the indefensible. Idiots like this damage the club image and shouldn’t be welcome. Albeit the likelihood is that she never attends and just jumped on the bandwagon.

I’m not interested in jailing the idiot either, just some form of action to let her know this isn’t how to conduct herself. She should be banned from the stadium although that’ll probably have no impact on her.

Derogatory to you? Are you of Pakistan origin? How many People of Pakistan origin have said so? When there is a survey of people whose origins are from Pakistan and they say they don't like it, then I will agree with you.
Give it up, ffs. You are making a bigger fool of yourself that the girl in the video.

She's made an arse of it by singing a song and using the word P*ki, it's deemed as racist/offensive, that's it. Did it cause fear and alarm, probably not. Am I personally offended? No. But I do know that singing or shouting about P*kis is unacceptable in the modern world, whether folk like it or not.

The feeling is absolutely mutual. Utterly ridiculous and nonsensical attempt at a defence and the very reason our wider support is consistently tarnished. It wasn’t perceived racism, it was overt. I’m not brainwashed by anything, you’re trying to defend the indefensible. Idiots like this damage the club image and shouldn’t be welcome. Albeit the likelihood is that she never attends and just jumped on the bandwagon.

I’m not interested in jailing the idiot either, just some form of action to let her know this isn’t how to conduct herself. She should be banned from the stadium although that’ll probably have no impact on her.

Who has she offended exactly?

Give it up, ffs. You are making a bigger fool of yourself that the girl in the video.

She's made an arse of it by singing a song and using the word P*ki, it's deemed as racist/offensive, that's it. Did it cause fear and alarm, probably not. Am I personally offended? No. But I do know that singing or shouting about P*kis is unacceptable in the modern world, whether folk like it or not.

How long should she get in jail then?

You know everything else.

So how long would you put her in jail for her "crime"?

Who has she offended?

What has she done to be jailed?

Are you struggling to read? I said I’m not interested in her being jailed.

I’m pretty sure she has offended a very large group of people across society. Probably a number of the black players in our squad who have had to deal with ridiculous racist abuse over the years, I reckon those guys would find it offensive. I’d expect people of Pakistani origin would be offended by the song.

And before you ask any further ridiculous questions, no I haven’t surveyed people for this information.

Would your opinion change if someone like Jermaine Defoe came out and said he was disgusted by the song and was glad to see her punished? Not sure if you’ve been living on the moon lately but there are a lot of high profile people at our club who are very vocal about their disdain for those engaging in the use of racist language, our manager being one of them.

How long should she get in jail then?

You know everything else.

So how long would you put her in jail for her "crime"?
Where did I say the word crime in my post? (Your quotation marks)

She won't get jailed. If found guilty then she will get some form of punishment as a deterent not to act a fanny.

This thread should be binned. It’s genuinely embarrassing seeing some of the replies in defence of her using those words.
Put that aside.
Its definitely racist and she's definitely guilty.

Whats an appropriate punishment in that case?

A few years in prison then straight on to government benefits for the rest of her life? Lose her kid?

We can't let stuff like this slide, I agree.
Whats a reasonable punishment?

Are you struggling to read? I said I’m not interested in her being jailed.

I’m pretty sure she has offended a very large group of people across society. Probably a number of the black players in our squad who have had to deal with ridiculous racist abuse over the years, I reckon those guys would find it offensive. I’d expect people of Pakistani origin would be offended by the song.

And before you ask any further ridiculous questions, no I haven’t surveyed people for this information.

Would your opinion change if someone like Jermaine Defoe came out and said he was disgusted by the song and was glad to see her punished? Not sure if you’ve been living on the moon lately but there are a lot of high profile people at our club who are very vocal about their disdain for those engaging in the use of racist language, our manager being one of them.

She's now offended the black players in our squad?

Lol. What planet are you on?

Maybe she's actually a decent person, you're judging on a 1 minute video, drunk, celebrating a title win.

God forbid we judge anyone else like that.

She's now offended the black players in our squad?

Lol. What planet are you on?

Enjoy your night, it’s like debating with David Brent, a complete waste of time. I would estimate that black players in our squad would 100% be offended by the use of that word but then you think it’s ok so there is no point discussing it with you. I’ve judged her as an embarrassment, quite happy with that assessment .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back