Gers fan in the dock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy your night, it’s like debating with David Brent, a complete waste of time. I would estimate that black players in our squad would 100% be offended by the use of that word but then you think it’s ok so there is no point discussing it with you. I’ve judged her as an embarrassment, quite happy with that assessment .

You're a total space-cadet buddy. Planet-Earth to you - goodnight.

Rangers players being upset by her....hahahahahaha.

Not condoning the song but I fail to see how it would cause anyone fear or concern.
Someone drunk comes out with something inappropriate? Seems a bit much to have a trial surely a stern warning from Poileas Scotland is sufficient? Before I’m branded something I’m not the song is completely wrong it was in the 60’s and 70’s but the costs involved in this just seems OTT. I’m surprised that someone her age actually knew the song anyway.

Saying you were drunk is a terrible defence.

You should find a better lawyer if you are her.

I never said it was a good defence.

I said it was a valid defence in law as someone said it wasn't. It is.

I'm not her.

My teeth are normal and I would never go blonde but thank you for your concern.

You mentioned both Fear and Concern? Do you not think a Pakistani hearing someone sing about P*kis might feel concerned? After what has happened recently, after what happened to Glen, I have zero sympathy for anyone who sings songs with racist words. Some people seem to want to turn this woman into some sort of martyr.
Nobody wants to turn her in to a martyr.
But some want to turn her into a criminal

Of course we do.

I'll give you an example....

A person calling another doing their job, to their face, " a F*cking Monkey". That's blatant racism. The Kamara example you tried to compare.

A drunk woman singing to a camera a song involving "P*ki"....that's just stupid, ill-educated and daft. The two are NOT the same.

Your problem is that you cannot see that.

You're brainwashed to condemn even the sniff of perceived racism in the hardest terms.

I'll be honest, I'm totally sick of people like you right now.

Stop being offended by everything.
Dear oh dear.

Someone drunk comes out with something inappropriate? Seems a bit much to have a trial surely a stern warning from Poileas Scotland is sufficient? Before I’m branded something I’m not the song is completely wrong it was in the 60’s and 70’s but the costs involved in this just seems OTT. I’m surprised that someone her age actually knew the song anyway.
She sang slightly different lyrics to the late 60’s early 70’s chant.

Put that aside.
Its definitely racist and she's definitely guilty.

Whats an appropriate punishment in that case?

A few years in prison then straight on to government benefits for the rest of her life? Lose her kid?

We can't let stuff like this slide, I agree.
Whats a reasonable punishment?
I genuinely dont think people should be given criminal records for first offences of this nature. Ie drunk and caught up in a moment with a crowd.

Fine, educate, send on equality and diversity courses. Ie give them a second chance. And I would say the same if it was a mentally challenged (book me on that course).

This is one of these issues where people just focus on one angle without seeing the wider implications which are more troubling.

Was the woman silly and were the words racist?

Yes.

However, this wasn't a case of someone belting out the song on PRW and being arrested on the spot. The charge seems to have arisen after the video clip was posted on social media and we don't know if she gave permission for this although that would seem very unlikely. It also appears that Abdul has a track record of this type of thing.

Was there intent to place anyone in a state of fear of alarm?

I don't think so.

I don't like the idea of people being charged after being egged on to do something and then videoed without their permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back