Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like Cahill has been looking after himself in the summer
John Collins has nothing on Cahill B-D

Fair play to him, in exceptional shape.

I think at times we get to hung up on the age of a player and think we are judging the modern player who are genuine athletes compared to the players of yesteryear.

these guys look after themselves, eat well, barely drink. Proper sportsmen.

footballers can now play a lot longer

Doubt there's anything in the Cahill thing but surely people ain't turning their nose up at him, he's a very decent defender and can shift (even at 35).
We’ve all just watched a defending master class from chiellini who is 36. Any lack of pace is made up for in experience and knowing where to place yourself on the pitch. I’d absolutely love Cahill to be up here. But I think it’s likely an option if Goldson were to leave.

Apparently Morelos has told friends he wants to leave rangers

I raise you Connor Goldson with 56 games. ;)

Plus he has had only 10 days out with injury his entire Rangers career resulting in a total of only 3 missed matches. I think Cahill missed around 15 just last season alone.
No I’m not saying he’s better than goldson not at all but Cahill is still a good player.

Apparently Morelos has told friends he wants to leave rangers
MORELOS IRON ARM
FC PORTO 17-07-2021 12:28
By Paulo Pinto/Pascoal Sousa
Morelos is determined to start an arm wrestling with Rangers officials to release him in this season with the aim of signing a five-year contract with FC Porto.

The leaders of the Glasgow emblem are uncompromising and stretch the rope, guaranteeing that the Colombian striker will not go to the Dragon for less than 15 million euros, a figure which the blues and whites have approached, offering 12 million and 20 more percent on a future sale.

Steven Gerrard, former Liverpool star and current Rangers coach, does not want to give up the South American scorer, but Morelos will have assured his closest circle that he wants to leave the Scottish champions and accept the invitation made by FC Porto. The goalscorer has even already obtained information from his compatriots Uribe and Luis Díaz about the reality of FC Porto and also of the Invicta city.

The problem is modern day football is agents in players ears. No doubt Alfies agent telling him to demand a move, and lotto happy to let it happen as it'll keep their cost down.

Unless we get the amount we want clearly that's around £18 million Morelos won't be going anywhere.

This will be a repeat of last summer at this rate but I'm fairly confident he will still be there but if this kicks off again from Morelos and his representatives before our crucial CL Qualifiers then we have a massive problem again.

No player bigger than the club, if he leaves then he leaves. As long as we get the right fee for him then I’m sure Gerrard and staff will already have alternatives lined up as this has been on the books for a while.

Doekhi fits the bill even that Okumu looked a good option but he's went to a team in Belgium.

We don't need Cahill this isn't the player from 5/6 years ago.
My thinking was really that you could get first rate experience and first rate potential in, giving us 4 top first team picks.

Right now we have 3.

Don't mind CG playing his last year out but if we could do that with a net spend it wouldn't be a bad move either.

Think I posted before that an ex work colleague of mine is Portuguese, Porto season ticket holder

Spoke to him Friday, he said there were stories across there Morelos is intent on doing everything to get his move to Porto, I did say nothing like that reported here but seeing the article above is concerning to be honest

Let’s see what happens I suppose but if he’s going to go, Porto should bid going rate and get it done quickly to allow us to move on

We can’t sell Morelos for anything less than stupid money we have nobody near his quality to take over from him and it would be absolutely mental to sell him now on the brink of the new season and Europe. Tell him and his agent silly money by a certain date or he stays.

We can’t sell Morelos for anything less than stupid money we have nobody near his quality to take over from him and it would be absolutely mental to sell him now on the brink of the new season and Europe. Tell him and his agent silly money by a certain date or he stays.
It depends on his attitude though is he going to be in the huff and not give 100% to us or possibly refuse to play until he gets his move? Unfortunately the player holds far to much power in these circumstances

I’d be gutted if morelos leaves . I know it’s just friendlies we have recently played but its highlighted how much we would miss him and what he does for the team.

But if it allows us money to bring in Veerman and a striker ....then maybe it’s worth it.

I want him to stay tho

Totally agree with this and we miss Alfie from an attacking perspective when he’s not in the team

We’ve not seen Sakala yet so he may be able to offer what we get when Alfie plays

If Alfie wants to go we need to get the valuation we want and Ross Wilson and the Board will be trying to get as much as we can as Alfie is a very good player and we will miss him

Want to see how Sakala does when we get him into the team

It’s getting to the stage I’d probably accept £15m with a sell on of say 20%.

Means we could potentially make £21m-£25m out of the deal in total if he gets a decent move away from Porto.

The poster above makes a good suggestion of Maja. If we could get him for £6m - £8m that would be a good replacement.

Sorry, but I have to point it out again - I love that we say "Porto need to give us what we want or f*ck off" but we don't criticise Rangers for not just paying what Herenveen want straight away for Veerman! :-D

Football fans do love having all the cake.

Porto will be hoping for something similar to what we want with Veerman - that the player angles for the move so much the club drop their price (Veerman has said himself what Herenveen want is too high).

I only want players at the club who are committed and want to he here. If players want to be elsewhere then you won't get the same hunger and commitment, you only need to look across the city to see what happens when you have too many players who don't want to be there.

If Morelos and Goldson want out we should be looking to move them on in this window and bring players in who are hungry and want to be here.

It’s getting to the stage I’d probably accept £15m with a sell on of say 20%.

Means we could potentially make £21m-£25m out of the deal in total if he gets a decent move away from Porto.

The poster above makes a good suggestion of Maja. If we could get him for £6m - £8m that would be a good replacement.
What has Josh Maja done in his career to suggest he could fill the gap Morelos would leave? A few goals in League 1 for Sunderland?

It depends on his attitude though is he going to be in the huff and not give 100% to us or possibly refuse to play until he gets his move? Unfortunately the player holds far to much power in these circumstances

Well in that case bench him until we get what we want because if we back down all clubs will get our players to do that if they want them.

We must stand our ground with this re fee imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back