CL Qualifiers - All Comments In Here

ANGE POSTECOGLOU admits Celtic were ill-prepared for their crucial Champions League qualifier.

And he insists: "It’s all on ME."

Nir Bitton was stupidly sent off in Celtic's 1-1 Euro draw with Midtjylland.

While keeper Vasilis Barkas was at fault for the Danish side’s equaliser.

But Postecoglou defended his Hoops players and insists he’s to blame - even confessing he’s not done a great job since taking over.

He said: “I don't think we will ever be as badly prepared as we were tonight - and that's on me - going into such an important game.

“We have eight more days I feel confident that the preparation and the spirt we have, we will put in a good performance.

"It is on me.

“I don’t think I’m at a disadvantage, my role is to try and support these players and try to prepare them the best I can for what is in front of us.

“I haven’t done a great job so far to be honest, because with the disruptions we’ve had, we haven’t been able to bring the players in.

“My role is to try and reinforce this squad and to try to prepare this squad for what is ahead, and to their credit, the players didn’t look for excuses tonight.

“They put in a solid shift, and I’m just disappointed they didn’t get the rewards for what I thought was an outstanding performance.

“But I’m the manager of the football club. I’m the one that takes that responsibility of providing support for the players and staff.

“If things aren’t happening it’s on me to make them happen.”

Celts took the lead through new £3.4m signing Liel Abada.

But Bitton was sent off for two bookable offences.

Midtjylland were then reduced to ten men too.

But Barkas conceded a free-kick as the Danes took a 1-1 draw into next week’s second leg.

Postecoglou added: “I’m getting a lot of glass half empty questions at the moment.

"I think there was plenty of positives tonight rather than people looking for little things that potentially didn’t go right.

“I thought it was a decent strike, we limited them to a couple of shots on goal with a really brand new back four.

“The midfield worked their socks off. The amount of running that Soro and Cal and Ryan Christie did was unbelievable.

“There’s nothing I’m disappointed in tonight. I’m frustrated at the result because the players didn’t get the result I thought they deserved.”

On Bitton’s red card, Postecoglou added: “I was frustrated at the result, as a I said, not the performance, but Nir had already been booked and when you’ve been booked you have to be careful in your actions.

“When you infringe again, you give the opportunity to the referee to give you another caution.

“It’s disappointing for him more than anything, because he was really keen to put in a strong performance.

“He had started the game really well for us, so it’s disappointing for him that he misses the second game as well.”

His tactics are high press, but I had no idea what formation he was playing last night.

McGregor was defensive mid, central mid, attacking, left wing... Barkas took a free kick on the 18 yard line but squared it back to a defender in his own box that a quicker forward could have intercepted, Soro was a headless chicken.

Ange seems out of depth.

I thought they played reasonably well in the first half last night however the Danes looked terrible and very passive.

Second half they were blowing out their ar*e with the worst back line I have ever seen line up for them.

One thing is for sure, they are looking to move the ball quicker from back to front but they have the wrong players for that.

They looked ok last night I thought. Can see they have an actual game plan with a formation and patterns of play. They also look much fitter already than they did under Lennon.

If they get a decent keeper and a few decent signings I don't think they will be as bad as many on here are expecting.

Their gung ho football just plays right into our hands right enough so bring it on.

“They put in a solid shift, and I’m just disappointed they didn’t get the rewards for what I thought was an outstanding performance."

Outstanding performance. Well I can't wait to see the poor performances.

I disagree with that statement. I think he has done a great job so far.

With a little extra effort, a better ref and an opposition who had actually played some competitive football in the last six weeks, his team could easily have gone that little bit further and lost.

This guy is showing all the signs of one of those managers that takes a job then jacks it in after a few months.

This from him,the body language,their fan media car crash,his comments yesterday about not getting players in quick enough.He’s also in a new continent a long long way from home.

An Ozzy Kevin Keegan/Steve Coppell.

One of the highlights of the game for me was when septic were pressing high and had successfully trapped the Midtjylland left back in his own box and it looked like great work from Ralston that might actually get them a chance. Then, with the wing back trapped against his own byline with nowhere to go, Ralston jumped in with a two footed tackle and knocked the ball out of play.
Then he ran away avoiding eye contact with the ref to avoid a booking. Absolute clogger.

A few on here actually told us Ange was a great appointment and we should be weary as he has sustained success throughout his managerial career. :))

Out of Europe , lose one off their opening league games , we pump them to go 6 clear after only 4 games then he’s sacked

that’s how I see the next few weeks panning out

We heard the “It’s my fault” routine from Lennon a few times prior to him throwing a wobbler and chucking all the players under several buses at different times. This guy is known to be tetchy and short in the grain.
A wee pop at the media about negativity already.
Its all bubbling up nicely.

Last edited:
Guy talks in platitudes that a boy's club manager would be embarrassed to use on a Saturday.

Love that he's being lauded for his honesty when the reality is he's miles out of his depth.

He's happy with his keeper throwing one in and his centre half getting sent off in the first half because his midfield ran about a bit.

"I haven’t done a great job so far to be honest, because with the disruptions we’ve had, we haven’t been able to bring the players in."

What disruptions? Again, they always make it out that their club is always worse off than everyone else.
The Euros, I presume.

It must be reference to them having a player getting to the semis.
Oh wait, that was Midtjylland.

Luton Town had a player absent due to the Euros longer than any filth player was away.

At least he's keeping up that fine tradition of weak as piss excuses that are only too easy to rip apart.

Back