CL Qualifiers - All Comments In Here

Put themselves in the shop window to decent effect?

Mate, they're being lambasted by their own fans over on kds right now for being utter mince :D

If by turning up on the pitch, you mean good effect then fair enough!
You should read the BBC take on the game. They were gushing over Christie's performance. I was clearly watching a different game.

I suspect Postecoglou may come under heavy pressure from the fans if they fail to achieve CL groups while we make it. He might get a bit more leeway if we both went Europa league.

But if we make those CL groups and they don't he's under huge pressure from the get go. It will immediately look to the fans like a continuation of last season. With us excelling and them stuttering.

As for their board they have decided to run with him at least temporarily. Then if it all goes pear shaped and they get rid of him the cycle begins all over again. Another new guy who will want his own team.

They're not going to find a Gerrard. A man with enormous stature within the game globally. A man who now not only has experience managing in European qualifiers, groups, and knockout stages, but also played in Europe over 100 times.

Invaluable experience for us while his mere name attracts players we couldn't otherwise hope to get. While they have a guy no one had heard of who doesn't even have his UEFA badges.

It's all the funnier if you remember the mockery we faced when Gerrard came in. Under 18's coach, rookie, disaster waiting to happen, etc. Whose laughing now? This guy?

I genuinely think he's found his standard, looked far better against us but looks to have regresses/stalled...there must be a reason why Evander and Zeca at Copenhagen who both on their day look absolute ballers yet not 1 semi decent club in a bigger league has plucked them from the Danish league. Something is not right, big fish in a small Pond mentality perhaps

Last edited:
The levels of positivity they're trying to spin from a 1-1 draw at home, to a pretty average Danish outfit, is quite something.

In any of the last 5/6 years their fans would have the knives out tonight and baying for some early blood. The fact they're all chuffed at simply not getting beat certainly bodes well for us.

I suspect Postecoglou may come under heavy pressure from the fans if they fail to achieve CL groups while we make it. He might get a bit more leeway if we both went Europa league.

But if we make those CL groups and they don't he's under huge pressure from the get go. It will immediately look to the fans like a continuation of last season. With us excelling and them stuttering.

As for their board they have decided to run with him at least temporarily. Then if it all goes pear shaped and they get rid of him the cycle begins all over again. Another new guy who will want his own team.

They're not going to find a Gerrard. A man with enormous stature within the game globally. A man who now not only has experience managing in European qualifiers, groups, and knockout stages, but also played in Europe over 100 times.

Invaluable experience for us while his mere name attracts players we couldn't otherwise hope to get. While they have a guy no one had heard of who doesn't even have his UEFA badges.

It's all the funnier if you remember the mockery we faced when Gerrard came in. Under 18's coach, rookie, disaster waiting to happen, etc. Whose laughing now? This guy?

never forget about the liar Graeme spiers

That’s the first time I’ve seen them under Postecoglou and they weren’t half as bad as I was expecting from the now cut thread. Had folk in there expecting them to lose by 3 tonight. That said, neither team for me was overly strong. Their Israeli signing looked decent till he was hooked I thought. Hope they go out next week but I’ll be very surprised if they don’t win next week (if they keep 11 on the pitch).
kind of hard to judge them on the performance tonight cause the danes were rank rotten and certainly not the team we pumped out when we played them, all said and done i will judge them...they are fkn hopeless and i can't wait untill the bears get tore intae them

Having watched the game, the Danes were so bad that sadly I think the scum will win next week, possibly after extra time.

However, It is unlikely that Christie and the French Twat will still be at the pedodome by the next round. They did both try hard tonight and were probably putting themselves in the shop window to decent effect.

Whatever happens next week, that squad is not beating PSV or Galatasaray.
Was going to watch.. never managed it lol..

Looked lively enough, but not much more? Was the impression I got from watching their 1st half on sat..

They are no where near ready for these games. It's unbelievable they are where they are..

B-D

looks like a tough season ahead for Joe mangel

zmQobAx.jpg

Didn't even know they were playing tonight, so this news/score pleases me :)
You know I was actually slightly disappointed at full time it wasn't a loss.

Just shows how far we've come and they've fallen when I see a european draw for them as disappointing as I expect worse.

Looking at that picture..he's diving.
He'll land on his left ribs/ hips - right?
Nope, he somehow dives and lands upright and on his feet.
How the feck is that even possible?
Also timmy having no one on either post. Something which we've exploited a few times in the past few seasons

So the big dud from down under so far…

1. no idea the draw for the qualifiers was being made
2. never had ambition to manage in CL (likely as didn’t know it was even a thing)
3. first time in the biggest club competition on the planet thinks you get 3 points for a win in a two leg knockout tie

This guy is pure gold
Is this what it was like for everyone else when we had Pedro?

It still confuses me that Barkas is 6 foot 5. He must break the laws of physics as he is the smallest, least imposing 6 foot 5 man in history.
I think they should have kept the away goal rule but got rid of it in extra time
Away goal rule,similar to VAR.50% of the time it works in your favor,and we know all what happens the other 50% of the time.
Get rid of both.;)

Having Kennedy and Strachan still lurking about will only be detrimental to their fortunes. They should be nowhere near his coaching staff after being a part of their shambolic season.

Still having that ipad guy visibly giving instructions to players before they come on is some laugh.

There is no way that relationship will work behind the scenes, undoubtedly they 2 will begin to undermine him.

looks like a tough season ahead for Joe mangel

zmQobAx.jpg
Thats a little unfair towards a classic character. Besides, you must remember Wild Man Joe was actually great at sports.

Is this what it was like for everyone else when we had Pedro?
Going by his post match analysis (we were badly prepared, Ive not done a good job so far) I think this is a new level of comedy gold.

They are so bad they take any little positive and blow it out of proportion.

They are genuinely really happy with that.

Thought Midtylland were terrible tonight but got a draw and reckon they’ll finish Celtic off next week. Want them out at this stage so they then need to qualify for Europa League rather than getting a pass.
Celtic of 2/3 years ago would of battered that lot imo the Danes looked no better than a hibs or hearts and tactics wise that's the style of football they'll be up most weeks keep it tight and get a goal on the break or at a set piece.

I'm with you on the Europe qualifiers if they make it to the groups I'm sure there last qualifier will be the week they come to Ibrox hopefully it's an absolute slog for them

Anyone expecting sellick to be up and running thru Europe after the damage that has been done over the past few years is delusional and no idea how professional sport works.

Annnnnge will need 2 seasons at least - which he won’t get.

I'm beginning to think the Greeks have pulled a swedish " rope a dope " in regards selling a player to celtic as didn't the tims buy a striker Mohamed Bangura from AIK Stockholm in Sweden for £2 million only to find out they bought the wrong guy

He also appears to have covered his own face with his arms so he can’t see the ball. :))

I see the daily rhebel gave Welsh a 8 in the ratings. :)):)):)):)):))
With another more experienced referee , Welsh would have got a red card for wreckless challenging throughout the game last night . The number of times he dived in when it wasn’t necessary was unreal , twice he scythed guys down from the back man and ball , face beetroot and contorted in hate . It’s only a matter of time before he gets a red with this new porteous attitude .

One of the highlights of the game for me was when septic were pressing high and had successfully trapped the Midtjylland left back in his own box and it looked like great work from Ralston that might actually get them a chance. Then, with the wing back trapped against his own byline with nowhere to go, Ralston jumped in with a two footed tackle and knocked the ball out of play.

Back