Away kit officially launches

E6-KFKMXEAIWGno
Dog collar o_O

Genuinely one of the worst tops I can remember. Horrible.

Would love to know who was on the
“Focus Group”

A black, pinstripe, red, orange, gold & white top with a collar down to your balls will look absolutely smashing for the 150th year.

Please get Castore to %^*& ASAP.

It’s fair to say the reaction to the top on social media has been overwhelmingly negative, do the club pick up on this? Are they aware, do they care?
Honestly don't think they care. I copied commercial folk into my complaints and nobody even acknowledged. Know folk who are waiting on refunds £150+ for nearly a month. Plenty other horror stories. I know folk will shout how they've never had an issue, but not even the most ardent Castore fan could deny there are real issues that we've never really faced since Admiral.

As long as this shirt hits a certain number of sales, the feedback won't even register.

If we are having a black kit this year it wasn't too hard to get right.

Think the hummel black out kit. Change the badges to prominent gold. Even a little gold piping round the sleeves and collar could have been acceptable.

Keep it simple. Less is more

Would be ana ing to get Nike or Adidas but the reality is we’ve not had a deal like that in 20 years. No doubt once Castore ends we’ll end up with Joma or someone like that!

I don’t think that will be the case. Providing there is still no legacy issues from SD lurking around, we’ll be back amongst the big players. I know of one major brand who’s taken an interest in us informally through a conversation with someone in the industry.

I don’t think that will be the case. Providing there is still no legacy issues from SD lurking around, we’ll be back amongst the big players. I know of one major brand who’s taken an interest in us informally through a conversation with someone in the industry.
I said that at the time when we went with Castore.

The proper big hitters would need to see a track record of sales and further proof that were totally detached from Ashley, both of which (I think) we’ve comfortably achieved.

Whether we see the full 5 years out with Castore remains to be seen, but after that it’ll be a mainstream manufacturer.

Last edited:
there's something fairly nauseating about the fanfare he's received, given that his job is to extract as much money out of us as possible.
Agreed.

I get that his job is to make money for the club - and himself. Marketing people, that's what they are all about. And as is normal in these positions, it won't be too long until he is off on his next venture somewhere. I've seen it so many times before with heads of commercial/marketing where i have worked and plenty other places.

But some things are beginning to irk me with Bisgrove. We shall see how it pans out, but as a Ranger fan I am slightly concerned at the direction certain things are going.

The introduction of gold in this years strips is a big mistake in my opinion …. 150 years or not , it has no business on a Rangers Strip …. For me it ruins both of the ones released so far

Fingers crossed the white one with the blue star which is rumoured to be getting released is kept Gold Free

Agreed.

I get that his job is to make money for the club - and himself. Marketing people, that's what they are all about. And as is normal in these positions, it won't be too long until he is off on his next venture somewhere. I've seen it so many times before with heads of commercial/marketing where i have worked.

But some things are beginning to irk me with Bisgrove. We shall see how it pans out, but as a Ranger fan I am slightly concerned at the direction certain things are going.
He's doing his job and doing it well. I really don't see much to dispute that, regardless of whether fans are irked by any of the methods/execution. If he's driving commercial revenues in the right direction then he's succeeding.

It goes back to something I said many times in recent years. The emotional attachment to the club from fans is a one-way street, even with bears at the helm. Those running the club have to run it as a business and focus on the numbers and keeping them healthy. Unless the fans genuinely get disillusioned to stage where those numbers are notably impacted negatively, they won't care about folk grumbling about kit designs or ticket systems or any of the other things that annoy us.

Caring about upset/angry supporters isn't something they'll really do until they see proof the numbers are going down as a direct result.

I keep saying it but Castore are not fit to be providing gear to our club. I totally appreciate they helped us get away from Ashley and the money is ok but how anyone can defend them is madness.

This seasons training gear is ok on the whole but still the overall quality is terrible. What we’ve been served up for our 150th anniversary kits it’s incredible. I doubt for one minute any of the 2 kits released so far would have been received positively by our support if we’d seen them at the design stage. From what I’m aware the 3rd kit won’t go down well either however the 4th might be well received.

God knows what happened in those fans forums that allegedly took place discussing future items. The fact the club signed these off beggars belief.

All this is before you even start talking about kits and training gear falling to bits and their abysmal customer service as well.

The club don’t seem fucked because all the gear keeps selling out.
Can you expand on the third kit? I was looking forward to what I had heard so far

The introduction of gold in this years strips is a big mistake in my opinion …. 150 years or not , it has no business on a Rangers Strip …. For me it ruins both of the ones released so far

Gold would have worked well providing it was a metallic shiny version which most teams who have incorporated Gold into their kits recently have used. Chelsea, Leeds, Swansea and even Celtic have used the right version/shade. The one Castore have used is utterly pish and have no doubt went with the one they have because it’s cheaper to make.

He's doing his job and doing it well. I really don't see much to dispute that, regardless of whether fans are irked by any of the methods/execution. If he's driving commercial revenues in the right direction then he's succeeding.

It goes back to something I said many times in recent years. The emotional attachment to the club from fans is a one-way street, even with bears at the helm. Those running the club have to run it as a business and focus on the numbers and keeping them healthy. Unless the fans genuinely get disillusioned to stage where those numbers are notably impacted negatively, they won't care about folk grumbling about kit designs or ticket systems or any of the other things that annoy us.

Caring about upset/angry supporters isn't something they'll really do until they see proof the numbers are going down as a direct result.
Yes, that's what i said - he is doing his job. He's a marketing guy. I/we know how they work. Still doesn't mean we can't question some of his decisions from a fan perspective.

Personally, the club will lose out on a few hundred quid from me alone this season due to some of the stuff Castore and Rangers are signing off on. If I am in a minority it won't make much difference, but i do feel there is a % of people out there who are now looking at this stuff and not being particularly impressed.

As more pictures pop up, I genuinely can't get my head around that collar. The kit would be okay if it had just a full red band round the top, but the gold and white bit is absolutely stinking.

Time and time again, we see better kits being produced by fans on social media. It baffles me that someone with a bit of photoshop skill can produce something better than supposed clothing designers.

I keep saying it but Castore are not fit to be providing gear to our club. I totally appreciate they helped us get away from Ashley and the money is ok but how anyone can defend them is madness.

This seasons training gear is ok on the whole but still the overall quality is terrible. What we’ve been served up for our 150th anniversary kits it’s incredible. I doubt for one minute any of the 2 kits released so far would have been received positively by our support if we’d seen them at the design stage. From what I’m aware the 3rd kit won’t go down well either however the 4th might be well received.

God knows what happened in those fans forums that allegedly took place discussing future items. The fact the club signed these off beggars belief.

All this is before you even start talking about kits and training gear falling to bits and their abysmal customer service as well.

The club don’t seem fucked because all the gear keeps selling out.
Will the support not lilake it?

Yes, that's what i said - he is doing his job. He's a marketing guy. I/we know how they work. Still doesn't mean we can't question some of his decisions from a fan perspective.

Personally, the club will lose out on a few hundred quid from me alone this season due to some of the stuff Castore and Rangers are signing off on. If I am in a minority it won't make much difference, but i do feel there is a % of people out there who are now looking at this stuff and not being particularly impressed.
I agree folk can question it. My point is just that the fans' perspective is irrelevant until it's harming the numbers and ultimately I don't think there's much evidence it's at that stage yet. As I said previously, I fully expect very healthy commercial numbers this season (and growth on last year) given the optimism and happiness around 55 and potential CL games.

There's always going to be unimpressed folk every year, but I doubt very much at the moment we'll see enough for any notable change and to Bisgrove's credit, if he's making the club good money, he's helping Rangers and deserves credit for it.

i do feel there is a % of people out there who are now looking at this stuff and not being particularly impressed.

Castore got a free pass last season from a lot of people due to a quick turnaround in them being appointed to make our kits and COVID rampaging the world. The team performing well probably helped the goodwill towards them also.

I think more people will be disappointed with them due to what’s being served up for our 150th anniversary kits. This away kit is just laughable.

Castore got a free pass last season from a lot of people due to a quick turnaround in them being appointed to make our kits and COVID rampaging the world. The team performing well probably helped the goodwill towards them also.

I think more people will be disappointed with them due to what’s being served up for our 150th anniversary kits. This away kit is just laughable.
Yep.

As I mentioned, I'm only one person but this season they will be losing out on at least a couple of hundred quid from me alone, due to these poor products. Rangers signing off on this tells its own story, unfortunately.

I think too many people think the general theme on this board is that of the support as a whole. It really, really isn't. This black strip will sell well, as most Rangers strips will. The reason? People only care about the crest on the front.

I love the amount of rangers strips you see out and about nowadays, especially on younger kids as it may be the first they have ever owned or the first their parents have bought them.

I mean, look at the amount of people that wore those horrendous Turkish knocks ups and yet we have greetin faced, actual grown men, thinking the design of this black one will put people off.

It wont.

I think too many people think the general theme on this board is that of the support as a whole. It really, really isn't. This black strip will sell well, as most Rangers strips will. The reason? People only care about the crest on the front.

I love the amount of rangers strips you see out and about nowadays, especially on younger kids as it may be the first they have ever owned or the first their parents have bought them.

I mean, look at the amount of people that wore those horrendous Turkish knocks ups and yet we have greetin faced, actual grown men, thinking the design of this black one will put people off.

It wont.
Up the East coast the last couple of weeks on holiday and the first year in as long as I can remember where there were tonnes of Rangers tops about, young and old and barely a dhim kit in sight. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on designs/quality, it was a good thing to see.

That's the reality. The kit can be good, meh, bad, garbage and it'll sell if the fans are feeling good about the team and a pride in wearing the badge. It's shootie-in just now for Bisgrove/Castore.

It wont.

You are basing this opinion on one person on here saying he’s not buying the gear.

The majority of people are still buying gear and hoovering up everything that’s on sale. It doesn’t mean they are happy with it. When it comes to our club it’s always an emotional pull so you still buy kits and tickets even if the quality is poor and the team isn’t winning. It’s what we do.

Up the East coast the last couple of weeks on holiday and the first year in as long as I can remember where there were tonnes of Rangers tops about, young and old and barely a dhim kit in sight. Regardless of anyone's thoughts on designs/quality, it was a good thing to see.

That's the reality. The kit can be good, meh, bad, garbage and it'll sell if the fans are feeling good about the team and a pride in wearing the badge. It's shootie-in just now for Bisgrove/Castore.

You're not wrong man. Although they obviously know what they're doing as for the first time ever my 6 year old seen me looking at that black one earlier and asked if I could get him it instead of the blue one. I couldn't believe it, he has never asked for a strip before.

I thought fair play to the people that design this stuff as they clearly know it isn't designed for just grown men and women, their weans will ask for it anyway B-D

Empire trying his best to come across as in the know, imagine my shock.

The home kit isn't as bad as made out, I don't think it looked nice in the photos but in the store it looked good.

The away kit is stinking, not getting away from that.

Fan mock-ups always seem to be far superior (at least for my taste).

On a wider point, why do we need 4 strips, though? That’s beginning to take advantage of the goodwill.
This season, for the 4 founding fathers.

Last season, not sure but I’m never going to criticise the club for maximising revenue.

Absolutely mate.

Castore will be given a general brief, they will go away and put their 'design' together and present it to Rangers. And when i say 'Rangers', it seems that the final decision and sign-off will be with Bisgrove. No fan would sign off on any of this.

You get the feeling that there is a "ach, the fans will buy any old thing" attitude to all of this.
I remember you saying about the gold/yellow or whatever colour it is on our home strip and now that I've seen it in the flesh, I'm not impressed by it.

I like the collar and the sleeves, but the gold/yellow doesn't belong. Preferred the mock up with the white badge and sponsor. As for sponsorless, 100% with you on that.

You're not wrong man. Although they obviously know what they're doing as for the first time ever my 6 year old seen me looking at that black one earlier and asked if I could get him it instead of the blue one. I couldn't believe it, he has never asked for a strip before.

I thought fair play to the people that design this stuff as they clearly know it isn't designed for just grown men and women, their weans will ask for it anyway B-D
To quote the TV producer in The Simpsons: "That's why you're still kids! 'Cause you're stupid!" :D

In all seriousness, if it appeals to anyone, young or old enough to sell on that merit, it's doing it's job. This year's kits aren't as hideous as some are making out for sure. I like the fundamental design of the home kit a lot and just dislike the sponsor (especially the Seko one). Otherwise really like it. Away kit is unremarkable, but seen a lot worse. I've no doubt both will appeal to plenty of folk and plenty others won't like them, which is no different than any year.

Back