Away kit officially launches

The gold looks ok on the store images, but the colour of the sponsors/badge on the banner is absolutely dreadful - like DHL yellow. Be interesting to see which is accurate in the flesh.

away_kit_banner_1400x.jpg

The general design just seems totally outdated to me.
The colour doesnt look great IMO, really don’t like that white/yellow bit on the collar. As you say will be interesting to see it in the flesh though

The colour doesnt look great IMO, really don’t like that white/yellow bit on the collar. As you say will be interesting to see it in the flesh though

Just back from the shopnin Belfast, it does look so much better in real life

The gold is much better suited to the black than the home strip imo

No infants kids on launch in store yet again would be my only gripe

Might grow on me, but it's a bit dull, especially for 150. I could go for red and black, but we could have had something more bold than a black top with a couple of flashes of red. An AC Milan-style black and red stripe, or the whole kit mirroring our classic sock design with black all the way up then red at the top, I don't know, just something more.

Yeah what is that yellow bit on the collar all about? This is supposed to be our 150th Anniversary have we ever had yellow on our tops before? I had a 1960s style scarf that has yellow on it did the kits have yellow?

As a side point, trying to buy it for my brother and the email says “personalisation online or in store” but can’t see anywhere to personalise it on the site.

Anyone able to assist, are they not offering this yet even though the email advertises it?.
If you click on the size you want then it should ask you if you want to personalise, it does for me.

Empire trying his best to come across as in the know, imagine my shock.

The home kit isn't as bad as made out, I don't think it looked nice in the photos but in the store it looked good.

The away kit is stinking, not getting away from that.

When it comes to Castore, @Empire is most definitely in the know.

I know there's nothing worse than someone saying 'I know something, but I can't say', like I'm doing now... but, if anyone values my opinion (and I appreciate no one probably will :cool:), then I'd suggest people listen to @Empire when it comes to Castore.

I'm sure people think we're moany arses re: Castore just for the sake of it, but we're not.
They're a shambolic operation, and this deal can't end soon enough.

Gold would have worked well providing it was a metallic shiny version which most teams who have incorporated Gold into their kits recently have used. Chelsea, Leeds, Swansea and even Celtic have used the right version/shade. The one Castore have used is utterly pish and have no doubt went with the one they have because it’s cheaper to make.

Without a doubt, they've gone for the cheapest option.

Just back from Ibrox

Looks slightly better in the flesh than the pictures but still very disappointing

Plenty in all sizes, all infant sizes too

Queue of about 6 people when I was there, says it all really as to how this one has been received

Said it in last kit thread but why is it all the fan mock ups are always so much better than what we end up releasing

The cynic in me thinks the fourth (and last to be released) kit will be the special commemorative one and cracking one, to get maximum money out everyone.

Are castore doing any L/S versions of the kits this season? The email has a pic of the away in L/S but none actually for sale, still none for the home kit either.

I keep saying it but Castore are not fit to be providing gear to our club. I totally appreciate they helped us get away from Ashley and the money is ok but how anyone can defend them is madness.

This seasons training gear is ok on the whole but still the overall quality is terrible. What we’ve been served up for our 150th anniversary kits it’s incredible. I doubt for one minute any of the 2 kits released so far would have been received positively by our support if we’d seen them at the design stage. From what I’m aware of and I’m sure others know too, the 3rd kit won’t go down well either however the 4th might be well received if it’s what it’s rumoured to be.

God knows what happened in those fans forums that allegedly took place discussing future items. The fact the club signed these off beggars belief.

All this is before you even start talking about kits and training gear falling to bits and their abysmal customer service as well.

The club don’t seem fucked because all the gear keeps selling out. I suppose money talks and that’s fair enough.
The quality of the stuff and the poor customer service are fair talking points and the criticism is deserved.

The talk about the designs is just a bit daft though. They are football tops and look exactly how almost all football tops look.

They aren't objectively horrendous or objectively brilliant. Just a bit boring. Though, that's probably because I am not particularly passionate about football jerseys.

The home one seems nice and if we have a memorable season you could see it ending up being iconic.

The black and red Umbro with Tennants is iconic because of that Killie match when we won the league. Does anyone even remember the other away kit from that season?

The fantasy mock ups are great and all that but at the end of the day we never see what those would be like as actual jerseys in real life. The white collar umbro one, for example, looked great on paper but that material and sponsor was horrific.

The are football tops that look like football tops. Everything else is just subjective.

Just ordered mine to be delivered in Scotland I'll collect later the Spanish site want's €91 on the latest conversion it should be €76 why €14 over price? Then the shipping to the canaries €110 as opposed to £70.50.

Does look better in flesh, but it's definitely not true black. Hold it up against an actual black piece of clothing and you'll see.

Fit is same as home jersey. They had all sizes including infants and juniors at Ibrox.

Must have taken them ages to decide on a design for the shorts....

Absolutely shocking .

The neck on the away top we are seeing today doesn’t even sit right - imagine how it will be after a few washes . It looks like what it is - cheap . I can only assume they used the yellow/orange instead of proper gold to save money - there’s no other explanation .

I often wonder how they come to decide the design of our kits. Do they do any market research or any consultation with fans?
Mostly I think it's left to the suppliers in house designers who have little empathy or knowledge of tradition and supporters hopes and wishes. They then take it to Robertson et al, they all nod sagely and then go off for a long liquid lunch.
Voila! The proletariat should lap this up at £**.99 a pop.

I'm not a fan as you can surmise but being in my mid 60's I'm not their target customer base. I would though like to see Rangers take the field in something that is aesthetically pleasing with a big nod to tradition.

Memo to future suppliers* Rangers primary colour is Blue. White and Red are secondary colours although Black socks with a Red top are sacrosanct. If you cannot come up with traditional yet desirable to modern tastes designs then you are not up to the job.

* Given the problems of design, quality and supply that Castore have so far shown, then I can only imagine that they are not up to partnership with our Club in the future.

Last edited:
Fans will buy the strips no matter what. Crappy designs will lose the sales from fairweather fans or kit enthusiasts who don’t support us. It will also make it less likely that fans will buy other items. Taking the fact it’s them out of it, Adidas make a great range of training and leisure wear and if I was a Celtic fan I’d be buying loads of it. Once the novelty of being able to actually buy stuff wears off, I don’t think sales of training gear will be that great with our Castore range, especially if they whittle it down to only a handful of items rather than the dozens we currently have (with a lot more misses than hits).

I think the kits last year were far nicer, and that was with less time to plan/design. They’ve overdone it with so much gold.

It’s down to the designer. These kits were more than likely designed by Nicola Coleman, Castore’s Sportswear Designer-Team Kit. Her role didn’t even exist before October 2020.

Our kits last season were outsourced at short notice to reputable Turkish kit designer Emre Gultekin, they weren't designed by Castore.

Fans will buy the strips no matter what. Crappy designs will lose the sales from fairweather fans or kit enthusiasts who don’t support us. It will also make it less likely that fans will buy other items. Taking the fact it’s them out of it, Adidas make a great range of training and leisure wear and if I was a Celtic fan I’d be buying loads of it. Once the novelty of being able to actually buy stuff wears off, I don’t think sales of training gear will be that great with our Castore range, especially if they whittle it down to only a handful of items rather than the dozens we currently have (with a lot more misses than hits).
Are you calling 'people who don't by every kit - even just those they specifically don't like' fairweather fans :D.

Are you calling 'people who don't by every kit - even just those they specifically don't like' fairweather fans :D.
Not at all. I’m saying that people who aren’t as staunch as others are more likely to pass on a kit that they don’t like them people who will buy the kit regardless of what it looks like.

There will be people out there who will see a Rangers kit they don’t like and will go and spend their money on something else, Rangers related or not.

Was in about 12.30, the trade looked excellent. Like some said a small queue to get in and another when paying but they went down quickly. Most people i saw were getting the home top and the kids home top. There were plenty of kids with new tops and happy faces.

Got a junior small for a 2 and a half year old. It fits him well top half but a bit long, will be perfect half way through the season. 4XL fits me perfectly, im usually a XL.

Genuinely not sure if serious for folk still questioning the colour, but for avoidance of doubt - from the email from the club promoting it:

"RANGERS will debut their new, Castore away kit for the 2021/22 season in tomorrow’s pre-season friendly with Brighton and Hove Albion.

Inspired by our rich and proud Govan heritage, red and black have featured in club kits since the early 1900s, famously matching the colours of the burgh we made our home.
"
For the avoidance of doubt?? Where have I heard that statement before?

I swear Fatman and castore are the same company. He's ripping the piss out if us with these designs, and probably laughing knowing fine we'll they will sell.

Back