Away kit officially launches

Can't find anything positive in that kit personally, really poor.

In comparison to the black/red kit Umbro produced (2011), this looks cheap and nasty.

My mate lifted this from Twitter and sent me it was in stitches of laughter.

The sooner we cut ties with the Brookside Brothers and their never ending cheap shower of nasty looking tat, the better. Last time I saw a collar as bad as that, Arnold Schwarzenegger was wearing it in the Running Man.

And it is sad but true, that’s worse than the puma efforts in division three it’s absolutely horrible looking.

Looks cheap and nasty.
One of the worst kits we've ever had.

I can't wait for the day when we're no longer associated with the shambles that is Castore.
Reminds me of the horrible gold and black away Liverpool Warrior kit they had.
Beahon brothers must’ve taken inspiration from that.

E6-KFKMXEAIWGno

I actually like the colours, and think it looks good, but as with all strips I'll wait till I see our players wearing it on the pitch before passing full judgement

For the 150th Anniversary that design of the strip is poor really poor. Just looks like an average strip for any club tbh. I get the clours are Govan colours but the design is awful.

Castore really are hit and miss, Ive loved the last two home tops but everything else is just a bit meh!

1 thing....if they release a short sleeved version of the goalkeeper away top that will fly off the shelves...

TM0102A_1_2048x.jpg

Infact why was that not the away kit? Would of sold bucket loads as its far nicer than the training top we have in orange due to the white rather than black thats on that.

It’s black.

Not sure why it’s out away kit, but it’s meant to pay heritage to our merseyside roots - maybe going for a different kind of 3rd kit (the much rumoured lilac one)

Fixed that for you!

Between this and some of the training gear, there is a lot of bin dipper going on.

For the 150th Anniversary that design of the strip is poor really poor. Just looks like an average strip for any club tbh. I get the clours are Govan colours but the design is awful.

Castore really are hit and miss, Ive loved the last two home tops but everything else is just a bit meh!

1 thing....if they release a short sleeved version of the goalkeeper away top that will fly off the shelves...

TM0102A_1_2048x.jpg

Infact why was that not the away kit? Would of sold bucket loads as its far nicer than the training top we have in orange due to the white rather than black thats on that.
They have. Its called a match day training top.

You can see why Ross Wilson came across as quite awkward and uncomfortable when discussing the kit designs with Bisgrove in the webinar a few months ago. Wilson was trying to be diplomatic but was clearly not a big fan, with Bisgrove teasing him about the designs. Bisgrove signing off on our kits is a problem.

Agreed.
Bisgrove needs to stop signing off on utterly shit designs and start asking Castore why their quality is pathetic.

I couldn't be arsed with the moans of the other thread to see if it had already been mentioned, but is there a reason behind the use of black as our away colours? Normally white with a black third strip.
It surprises me as well.
When we change strip due to a clash, a white top usually suffices.
Only Kilmarnock clashed with both blue and white.
Hence a third strip was always required.
This year, no Kilmarnock but the commercial opportunity a third strip provides, can’t be ignored.
There are also “three strip” rules from UEFAto follow.

Can we use breach of contract to get out of it?

I don't think they know how to make a football strip.

Out of curiosity what have they 'breached'? We've sold hundreds of thousands of items and they've made the club millions from our deal with them. Can't see there being much of a breach to base your argument on.

Didn't like the leaked picture.
Thought it was much much nicer when it launched.
But then someone pointed out the yellow bit on the collar and now that's all I can see, eyes keep getting drawn towards it. Wtf is going on there?

Was it a 3 or 4yr deal with Castore?

I'd prefer Nike once this deal is up
Would be amazing to get Nike or Adidas but the reality is we’ve not had a deal like that in 20 years. No doubt once Castore ends we’ll end up with Joma or someone like that!

Last edited:
You're right, he won't.
He thinks they walk on water.

I wonder if others at the club are such Castore fan boys.

Wilson commented on the style of kits before - he said he liked traditional over modern.

He clearly lost out.

Whilst the money rolls in then I can’t imagine Robertson gives a fu(k, tbh.

They’re in a sweet spot. We haven’t been able to buy anything for 5-10 years, so whatever they produce, it’s deemed as better than before/nothing.

TM0102A_1_2048x.jpg

The GK top isn’t a million miles away from the orange matchday t-shirt.

You're right, he won't.
He thinks they walk on water.

I wonder if others at the club are such Castore fan boys.
The numbers will be what count in the end. If they are bringing in revenue the club is happy with, they'll care little unless that number is lower than expected and/or heads downward moving forward.

I'd be surprised if sales figures weren't good this season given 55 and the positivity around the support in general.

Regardless of the obvious issues/complaints, folk will still buy enough that it'll be inconsequential, so they'll take it on the chin given they've signed up for the long-term.

I keep saying it but Castore are not fit to be providing gear to our club. I totally appreciate they helped us get away from Ashley and the money is ok but how anyone can defend them is madness.

This seasons training gear is ok on the whole but still the overall quality is terrible. What we’ve been served up for our 150th anniversary kits it’s incredible. I doubt for one minute any of the 2 kits released so far would have been received positively by our support if we’d seen them at the design stage. From what I’m aware of and I’m sure others know too, the 3rd kit won’t go down well either however the 4th might be well received if it’s what it’s rumoured to be.

God knows what happened in those fans forums that allegedly took place discussing future items. The fact the club signed these off beggars belief.

All this is before you even start talking about kits and training gear falling to bits and their abysmal customer service as well.

The club don’t seem fucked because all the gear keeps selling out. I suppose money talks and that’s fair enough.

Back