Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, seems reasonable.

Has it not been known for a while that these far flung markets only exist as a potential commercial vehicle for the already truly global brands of man u, liverpool, real Madrid and perhaps a few others?

He also makes a good point rarely raised of why would Chinese or Korean people care about a Japanese guy in Europe. For example, Japan are still largely vilified by the Chinese because of history.

Its only knock off nights who get excited about the players and teams of another country. :p
Not just Chinese. Korean, Filipinos, Singaporeans. Pretty much everyone from around that area that they invaded. Having said that they will definitely sell a few shirts and Celtic TV subs in Japan. Won't be amazing numbers despite the fanaticism of the Japanese.

5 minutes ago#124281

"It’s a very strong Madrid Side. I never said it was their best eleven. World class clubs have tend to have very strong squads.

Rodrygo the scorer cost €40M, Jovic partnering him cost €60M and the other player in the front three Vazquez scored in a Champions Legaue Final.

Isco and Odegaard in midfield albeit along side a youth is impressive.

Nacho and Marcelo in defence have an Abundance of club success/experience as well as with National sides. Odriozola also in defence cost them €30M. A rookie CB and keeper though.

17 shots to 1 at HT is very impressive.

I get that this RM side obviously don’t care too much about the game and Rangers are playing with their life depending on it obviously.

If we were winning 2-1 against a club of the calibre and side put out we’d be buzzing.

Far from a Real Madrid fifth or B team as I seen it though.

Need to get our own house in order".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dislike

garethcullen33 likes this post

Car*d Bhoy in Dublin reacted to this post

5 minutes ago#124281

"It’s a very strong Madrid Side. I never said it was their best eleven. World class clubs have tend to have very strong squads.

Rodrygo the scorer cost €40M, Jovic partnering him cost €60M and the other player in the front three Vazquez scored in a Champions Legaue Final.

Nacho and Marcelo in defence have an Abundance of club success/experience as well as with National sides. Odriozola also in defence cost them €30M. A rookie CB and keeper though.

I get that this RM side obviously don’t care too much about the game and Rangers are playing with their life depending on it obviously.

If we were winning 2-1 against a club of the calibre and side put out we’d be buzzing.

Dislike

You found one who is demented. No mean feat

Screenshot-20210725-195203.jpg

All hands to damage control on the bad ship Kerrybheast Street

D56-D33-F3-8307-42-D8-BE50-4725847-B07-A5.jpg

Seems like young Madrileno hasn’t been paying attention to modern football. All the top teams have incredible amounts of depth so instead of listing the names missing, why not have a look at the names starting?

5 minutes ago#124281

Dislike

They aren’t all deluded head in the sand types, some of them can actually see what’s happening and the gap developing between us.

Some of them don't seem to realise they got beat 6-2 at home yesterday and the week before they lost 1-0 at home to Preston North End.
Last week we drew with Arsenal and tonight we have beaten Real Madrid, whatever way you dress it up they are the biggest name in world football.
One moron on there yesterday saying he wouldn't take any Rangers player over theirs.
You can't read too much into pre season matches but i can assure you timmy we are in a much more comfortable place than you.
Use your spite to convince yourself everything will be ok. :D

Some of them don't seem to realise they got beat 6-2 at home yesterday and the week before they lost 1-0 at home to Preston North End.
Last week we drew with Arsenal and tonight we have beaten Real Madrid, whatever way you dress it up they are the biggest name in world football.
One moron on there yesterday saying he wouldn't take any Rangers player over theirs.
You can't read too much into pre season matches but i can assure you timmy we are in a much more comfortable place than you.

No you are wrong in part of your assessment, rangers are the biggest name in world football. ;)

Correct all the puddle drinkers who tuned in to watch Real Madrid hammer us will be having a sleepless night. Love it! get it right up you.

The only thing that has kept the wolves from the flange's door so far is that he has a stilted press who don't have a clue as to how to assess this situation, or too scared to speak out Plus a yahoo fanbase who have deluded themselves into thinking this has been a managerial masterstroke.

They all think it's a case of The Emperor's New Clothes (the we deserved all three points v the Danes) yet they said sod all to rebuke him, being a case in point.

But, crash out in the CL this week and start to drop points early doors in the league and it will all change.

This compliant, pathetic, yahoo press and flange friendly Finbar will change from Rab C's well spoken bother Hugh, to 'Mad Mental Shug' in the blink of an eye.
I agree with this. What I see is a media determined to big him up, but with no clue what attributes or achievements he has to promote.

The other side of the coin is that our manager is Steven Gerrard.

You’d think that after finishing 25 points behind us last season that they could analyse and learn from it. To still deny that we were, and are, miles better in every department is a major flaw on their part - and I’m delighted they still believe they’re better.

Gerrard and the back room team have assessed our settled squad and strengthened in key positions. They’ve lost and look to be losing their “best” players at a time when they lacked any strength in depth.

Can’t wait to get on with the real games, long may their delusion continue.

:D

CelticWay wrote:
1:21 AM - 1 day ago
The only sevco player I would take is Kent. I hope they sell him, but they don’t seem to be getting any bites for any of their players! It’s hilarious.

I’m not sure I will ever get my head round how they manage to purchase player after player, for millions, without ever having sold a player for decent money, added to the fact they have been knocking out £10-£15m in losses year on year. The ‘share issue’ method they are leveraging is financial doping plain and simple, and you can guarantee it’s laundered.
How do you “launder” a public share issue? Fucking hell. :))

B-D

" I’m not exactly quaking in my boots at the prospect of a team that lost to tranmere.

Once again the only people that’ll stop Celtic are the folk that are sitting in our own board room."
Between this thinking and them saying Ange is being hung out to dry you can see exactly what’s coming down the road for them. Directors box pelted with Mars bars and bedsheets with directors faces on them by the end of the year. If not by the end of summer.

Had the misfortune to overhear a few of them talking about “Big Ange” (more of that later) and how he had chosen a really strong side to play West Ham- It was literally HWFG!!!
Bumped into one of them later on that night and reminded him of the”really strong side” comment and he looked like he was going to burst into tears, couldn’t even put up an argument.
As for Big Ange... they seem to love him because he’s a “straight talker” and does a Republican style fist salute at any opportunity. That’s how your average lunatic thinks, not tactics, results and performances. Cheap talk and a funny salute.

You've got to admire people who can see their team get horsed 6 2 at home then watch their rivals outplay quite possibly the greatest club side in footballing history and think aye all is OK.

I wouldn't put it past postecoglu doing a Mike bassett, getting steaming in a hotel bar before falling off the bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back