Ballot for Livi game

No.

Supporters who are successful in the ballot will receive an email and have until Thursday 10.00am to select a seat.

A second ballot will take place for any remaining tickets with a deadline of Friday 10.00am to select a seat.

Any supporters who are unsuccessful will receive a virtual match pass for the game with live RangersTV coverage.
Read further down.

Reactions: GF1
No.

Supporters who are successful in the ballot will receive an email and have until Thursday 10.00am to select a seat.

A second ballot will take place for any remaining tickets with a deadline of Friday 10.00am to select a seat.

Any supporters who are unsuccessful will receive a virtual match pass for the game with live RangersTV coverage.

It is indeed on the website now. Just checked myself. Thibk it's been updated as I haven't seen this anywhere before

It is on the site. It also says:

However, in line with current government guidelines, we expect to have a full capacity at Ibrox for our next league home fixture.
Did you read the passage that I posted?

It ended with, "should there still remain a limited capacity".

Easy to say that but, in truth, its guesswork. With potentially severe consequences if you've guessed wrong mate.

When all this started a couple seasons back, I got stopped at the gate after upgrading a ST. Showed the email along with my online banking showing the payment to Rangers. Steward let me in no bother. I did end up having to get a new card though as it wouldn't update. Feck knows how it would go with these QR codes.

I get what you're saying here and it's right in normal circumstances. The thing is there isn't anything sneaky about it to get 'caught' in this instance. If an email can show there was legitimate attempt to upgrade then it's their process that's failed in this instance covid or not.

I can't understand why there isn't an online option to upgrade a ticket and make the difference in payment online?

I have 2 tickets I want to upgrade now which I've emailed to to do so, at the very least I'll have proof of my attempt to do it if they don't get back to me. I hope common sense prevails and we can still get in.
I don't disagree with anything you say mate, particularly the point about upgrading online. It is what it is though and we all know that logic and common sense aren't always applied in these instances.

I saw someone post that there was something in the emails about QR codes being 'non-transferable' I have no idea if that's true or not, might be worth checking.

If it was me, and I was prepared to take the gamble, I'd be walking about looking for a turnstile with no Steward or, at the very least, a Steward who wasn't paying too much attention. I'd still be shitting myself over the prospect of getting 'caught' though.

For the avoidance of doubt;

31/07/21 Rangers v Livingston

Supporters who were successful in the ballot received an email and have until Thursday 10.00am to select a seat.

We appreciate your ongoing patience and support as we continue to lobby for a return to a full capacity at Ibrox stadium.

In line with current government guidelines, we expect to have a full capacity at Ibrox for our second leg match in the UEFA Champion’s League on 10 August.

It is important to note that Smartcards will not be valid for this game and your usual seat will not be available as the Club must adhere to the social distancing seating arrangements now in place.

Supporters attending Ibrox should note the following information:

• Arrive at the correct time
  • Wear a mask (entry will be refused without a mask)
  • Walk straight to your seat
  • Sit on your correct seat
  • No sitting on an aisle seats
  • You cannot sit in front or behind someone
  • Use hand sanitisers
  • Please follow stewards guidance at all times

Ballot Process:

All Season ticket holders were entered into a straight ballot for the available tickets. Those ST holders who were unsuccessful will receive priority access for the next league fixture should there still remain a limited capacity.

However, in line with current government guidelines, we expect to have a full capacity at Ibrox for our next league home fixture.

TICKET CENTRE CONTACT

For any general queries, please contact ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk.

Did you read the passage that I posted?

It ended with, "should there still remain a limited capacity".
I apologise mate. I thought you were at the wind-up with a 'doctored' message. Hadn't seen that bit as that's not what it says in the News section of the website.

Yes, but you didn't add the last sentence, not sure what the issue is?
I wasn't aware I had to add the last sentence?

I hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere that folk would be given priority for the tim game. So I posted the link.

What you replied with was at the end of the paragraph that I posted.

No issue at all, mate.

I apologise mate. I thought you were at the wind-up with a 'doctored' message. Hadn't seen that bit as that's not what it says in the News section of the website.
I thought I was at it, briefly.

After I posted the link, I couldn't see that part again. Had to scroll down to the bottom.

Nice to see it confirmed.

I realise this has probably been answered but anyone know when the second ballot is actually taking place?

I assume it must be literally right now, given the first deadline has passed and the deadline for the second is tomorrow morning.

Has anyone had a second ballot email yet?

I wasn't aware I had to add the last sentence?

I hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere that folk would be given priority for the tim game. So I posted the link.

What you replied with was at the end of the paragraph that I posted.

No issue at all, mate.

Fair doos mate.

Think you might be OK? It says on the email £0.00 so how would they know? Unless it comes up on the turnstile like it does when you scan your smart card. I never got a ticket in the ballot but the guys who sit next to me got two and one can't make it so I'm using his which is a pensioner ticket, hoping it's fine.
Comes up different colour for the kids. Did for the Brighton game.

I realise this has probably been answered but anyone know when the second ballot is actually taking place?

I assume it must be literally right now, given the first deadline has passed and the deadline for the second is tomorrow morning.

Not sure, just know the deadline is tomorrow.

No email, yet.

Nobody know, would assume they would work to the 10am closing time for first schedule then do a sense check on the tickets left to make sure the numbers match up.

Hopefully have the second ballot done by mid afternoon

I get what you're saying here and it's right in normal circumstances. The thing is there isn't anything sneaky about it to get 'caught' in this instance. If an email can show there was legitimate attempt to upgrade then it's their process that's failed in this instance covid or not.

I can't understand why there isn't an online option to upgrade a ticket and make the difference in payment online?

I have 2 tickets I want to upgrade now which I've emailed to to do so, at the very least I'll have proof of my attempt to do it if they don't get back to me. I hope common sense prevails and we can still get in.

The full system isn't fit for purpose. Needs massively addressed particularly when the ticket office have decided to stop taking phone calls.

No and no.

Nobody know, would assume they would work to the 10am closing time for first schedule then do a sense check on the tickets left to make sure the numbers match up.

Hopefully have the second ballot done by mid afternoon
The full system isn't fit for purpose. Needs massively addressed particularly when the ticket office have decided to stop taking phone calls.

No and no.
Not sure, just know the deadline is tomorrow.

No email, yet.
Cheers gents, shall keep an eye on the auld outlook then.

If we are limited for game against them then the rage will be off the scale
It will be limited. I know what they are saying, that under government guidelines they expect it to be full, but you just know for a fact that Sturgeon will make sure we don't have a full house

Follow this process:

This was posted in the other thread and might help folk through the process. If only Rangers had sent out instructions like this:

Click red ‘Here’on email

Go to Order History where you will see TA or TQ plus numbers in list - or it might now say Livi Ballot - I think it was, confirming you have been successful in ballot

Go to Home Ticket section

Pick your preferred area then you will see blue dots where seats are available

Click on one you want which should add to basket automatically

Continue process as if ‘buying’ where you will be charged zero, as your ST is already paid for

Email with QR code then follows.
Thanks but it's too late for me.
I gave up, I had no idea about Order history?that wasn't mentioned in the email.
Really disappointed in the ticket office, lack of help & the complex way of going about trying to get a seat.
Pissed off actually, but thanks for your help

I thought I was at it, briefly.

After I posted the link, I couldn't see that part again. Had to scroll down to the bottom.

Nice to see it confirmed.

My bus is now full, so can’t make it even if I am successful in the 2nd ballot.

Will be just my luck to be successful but unable to accept a ticket, and thus be ruled out of the Scum game!

It will be limited. I know what they are saying, that under government guidelines they expect it to be full, but you just know for a fact that Sturgeon will make sure we don't have a full house
We should know by 10 August if it will be a full house or not when we play our CL home game.

If we are limited for game against them then the rage will be off the scale
They should just have left it hanging in the air until after Tuesdays announcement.

I'm confident we will have a full house. Rangers though, have made a rod for their own backs with this. Should have left that bit as just saying 'those unsuccessful will get free RangersTV' until after we had absolute clarity. If that's the route they go down if its a restricted attendance then so be it, but don't cause alarm (for some) until we actually know what's happening. Bit daft of the Club to put that out there in an obscure part of the website that nobody ever visits.

A guy I know who got a ticket but can't make it due to work commitments tried to flog me his ticket for "face value" after I missed out on the ballot. He got told where to go :D i'll watch in the boozer instead.
And v here in lies the issue with my gers points being added while still restricted crowds

No we don't know that at all. There has been literally nothing to suggest that this will not go ahead. There's nothing in the 'numbers' to suggest it shouldn't go ahead. We will be watching capacity crowds in the EPL in a couple of weeks. The pressure on her to confirm this on Tuesday will be immense.

Can't come soon enough to get this particular debate out of the way on here. Though I suspect some will still say she will change her mind again before 29 Aug.:rolleyes:

No we don't know that at all. There has been literally nothing to suggest that this will not go ahead. There's nothing in the 'numbers'; to suggest it shouldn't go ahead. We will be watching capacity crowds in the EPL in a couple of weeks. The pressure on her to confirm this on Tuesday will be immense.

Can't come soon enough to get this particular debate out of the way on here. Though i suspect some will still say she will change her mind again before 29 Aug.:rolleyes:
Pressure from who mate, genuinely?

From voters mate. There are a huge number of football fans - and clubs - who want a return to full stadia. Money is being lost. Sitting watching a full Anfield, for example, whilst Ibrox and the DhimDome are half empty is not a good look for her.

She's a headcase but she's not stupid.
She may not be stupid, but you seen by her comments the other day that she thinks the population are. And there are so many voters who would eat her sh**e if she told them it was ice cream. I really hope we have full stadia asap, especially for the old firm and europe, but all I am saying is, I am sceptical

From voters mate. There are a huge number of football fans - and clubs - who want a return to full stadia. Money is being lost. Sitting watching a full Anfield, for example, whilst Ibrox and the DhimDome are half empty is not a good look for her.

She's a headcase but she's not stupid.
Mate she’s just been voted in for 5 years she can and will do what she likes.

she could lock us down forever and between 45 and 50 percent if the country would still vote for her.

I’m pessimistic about a full house for the Celtic game, let’s hope you’re right but.

Back