Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather our players stopped taking part in this meaningless gesture. People being forced to take the knee reminds me of Nazi Germany.
I don't think our players are being forced into anything, they are the ones who are leading this from the front and comparing taking the knee to nazi Germany either means you are a troll or an absolute fùcking idiot, probably a bit of both.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with my support of Rangers football club.

We've got links to every country in the world. The political situation in then means nothing to me and I'm not about to have my views decided based upon which football team I support.
Rangers are a British unionist and loyalist club, that isn’t up for debate.

Yes not all our fans are this but that is what our club is.

I don’t think they are lying. I only assert the right to protest against the use of a particular political symbol. It represents to me the same thing the fascist salute did last century. The same spirit animates the movement that created the symbol. Every time the knee is taken the ideology that birthed it is legitimise a little bit more. That’s why I would protest it.
So, you are choosing of your own volition to attach their actions to something they have explicitly said they are detaching from in order to justify protesting against them?

You are trying to dictate what symbol/gesture the victims or racist abuse are allowed to use.

We also have the most multicultural squad in our history and in the words of our own captain, “every single black player suffered racism last season”. That isn’t up for debate either. If the players want to do this gesture that helps them then we, as Rangers supporters, should actually support them on it.

Yes mate you’re not the King of who gets to sing or say what at Ibrox, people can sing whatever they like and people are free to react to it.

if someone causes trouble over it then they are the ones who have caused violence and are the ones at fault nobody else.

Shut up for how many 10 seconds? For every game for the rest of time?

People can sing what they want? Well the club can chuck them out if they want (and should do too). Same with the booing

Doesn’t bother me one way or the other,
Would have loved to have seen the players take the knee on Saturday but it’s not happening for me.

I don't think our players are being forced into anything, they are the ones who are leading this from the front and comparing taking the knee to nazi Germany either means you are a troll or an absolute fùcking idiot, probably a bit of both.
So you don't think some players are thinking "how long is this going to last, we've been doing it for 18 months now but I don't want to be the first to say I'm not taking the knee anymore"?

If you don't think some players are doing this against their will then you are extremely naive.

Follow home and away .

Alf-moody.jpg

Admit it, this is the only home and away following you do.

To be honest I think taking issue with any campaign thats demands are ill defined isn’t just valid but essential.

We need to be grown ups about a serious issue, if people are engaging in a campaign of protest which they are continuing for over a year, I believe that the demands of the protest need to be made formally known.

I’d rather know exactly what change the players seek and see if I agree or disagree and then what I can or can’t do to support them in trying to achieve it.

A blanket vague no racism and let’s all pat each other on the back while we perform “empty gestures” to quote Goldson isn’t solving anything.

Could imagine Goldsons reaction in an interview where he is asked to essentially justify his and the other players protest

Could imagine Goldsons reaction in an interview where a fan asks him to essentially justify his and the other players protest
I wouldn’t describe it as justify.

If I was in a position of asking Goldson a question this would be it.

“After yourself describing taking the knee as a token gesture, what actual change do you and the team what to see so we can work together towards it?”

People are booing it because they object to their own club players being forced to participate in this political gesture. They are not actually booing their own players.
The players are not being forced by anyone. They want to make it. They are doing so as a protest against racism. They’ve told you this.

That’s not my point . They have been vocal about taking the knee and have agreed that these songs have no place at our club.
So I’ve called them out and I will watch as they campaign to have them stopped .
They won’t as they are all bluster.

Whilst you're obviously insane, please do feel free to update us on said posters commitment, or lack of, to eradicating these anthems that were last heard about 9 years ago.

Agreed, and I love them for it.

What has that got to do with the subject matter though. None of those things have anything to do with Rangers players taking the knee. It’s been explained a hundred times the players don’t do it as a BLM leftist, anarchist anti British, unionist, loyalist act.

Just plain old black and white racial equality.Simple.

Don’t boo on Saturday. You will hurt our club.

No one has a mandate not to boo either. It cuts both ways. Your ending the debate. Really? We still live in a quasi-free society. No thanks to you.
The players have asked you not to boo. The club have asked you not to boo. Theres your mandate.

Stop being so delf absorbed and selfish. Nobody cares about your opinion on this it is about the players making a statement on racism. If you cant handle that then its you that has the problem.

These songs were sung two weeks ago at tranmere.
When you result to personal insults then you’ve lost the argument.
They won’t say a thing about these songs as they are all bluster.
You've already accused us of mouthing off about these songs... now we won't say anything about them?

All on FF and on the same thread... which kind of makes your whole point that we won't do the same for the songs as we do for taking the knee a bit of evidence for his personal insult.

I wouldn’t describe it as justify.

If I was in a position of asking Goldson a question this would be it.

“After yourself describing taking the knee as a token gesture, what actual change do you and the team what to see so we can work together towards it?”

Love your idea of questioning them to see whether you agree though. I'm sure that would be well received by the players.

The players are choosing to do it so will see value in doing so (or else they wouldn't be doing it)

Honestly what planet do you live on

People are booing it because they object to their own club players being forced to participate in this political gesture. They are not actually booing their own players.
You are booing the players.

Simply providing those who hate the club with unlimited ammunition to tar the support as knuckle dragging racists.

This has to be the most diverse Rangers team in my lifetime. We don’t realise some of the experiences with racism those players have endured.

That Kudela incident utterly sickened me. I don’t want to end up on the same side as him trying to justify appalling behaviour.

The club are not being forced how many times does this need explained.

And btw who is forcing them? You just made that up didn't you?

Welcome to Sturgeons Scotland where if you say anything wrong or untoward ban them ( How Fascist) So are you also suggesting that people who sing No pope of Rome, F*** the pope and the Vatican and about Tully shaking his rosary beads should all be banned as well ?
You can’t have it both ways !
Yes, yes they should.

In fact, if you read the Terms and Conditions of entry supplied with tickets, you'll see that to do so is in contravention of these T&Cs and is subject to action from the club, up to and including a lifetime ban.

What does the pope and the Vatican, or someone's rosary beads have to do with supporting Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back