Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't think some players are thinking "how long is this going to last, we've been doing it for 18 months now but I don't want to be the first to say I'm not taking the knee anymore"?

If you don't think some players are doing this against their will then you are extremely naive.
Who? Name them then. Which of our players are getting pissed off having to spend 10 seconds pre-match to take a knee to highlight racial inequality and abuse that there colleagues and friends face every single day. Which players are you talking about?

Love your idea of questioning them to see whether you agree though. I'm sure that would be well received by the players.

The players are choosing to do it so will see value in doing so (or else they wouldn't be doing it)

Honestly what planet do you live on

At what point do they stop and ask why it even matters? Why does it bother some white bloke in the stands if our players make a 5 second gesture they’ve made abundantly clear has no political affiliation for them personally?

Its about the players, it’s not about some white fella in the stands. It’s ridiculous that a thread like this can even reach 17 pages, but then it’s ominous too because it tells us all about what an embarrassment Livi is going to be.

No, not at all. It was a simple question.

How long does this go for and what is the desired end goal? What are the demands of the campaign so we can help work towards that and move on?
To highlight the racial abuse black players get all the time on SM and elsewhere. Where you living on the moon during the Kamara incident? Its forcing debate and imo exposing the 'Im not racist ..but' brigade big time.

Blows my mind people are genuinely offended by this gesture.

Somehow i doubt Tav and Goldson are going around the dressing room with a revolver to the heads of Mcgregor and Davis forcing them to get on their knees for the black man
Great comeback. Are you too entrenched in your own view to think that maybe, just maybe, some players think this has ran its course but don't want to be the first to say so?

By this point I am convinced "Everyone knows his name." is actually this guy

split-james-mcavoy.jpg

This is kind of inane but if you want to take a poll of how many people have become radical Marxists after seeing footballers take a knee for a few seconds (even though they've told us this isn't political), I'll happily contribute. I suspect the number might be somewhere around zero.
It's not a measurable quantity.

BLM activists in the community will use the image and symbolism of players doing it to bring disaffected youths on board and start to build resentment against mainstream society.

Great comeback. Are you too entrenched in your own view to think that maybe, just maybe, some players think this has ran its course but don't want to be the first to say so?
They dont want to obviously or they would. Nobody is stopping them. At worse I doubt they give a flying F&ck because they dont have a jobby instead of a brain.

Celtic fans and Scottish Nationalists are desperate for you to boo. Rangers players don't want you to boo.

I noticed you said you've not decided whether to boo or not. I can imagine it's a really wrenching decision.
Celtic fans are messaging Slavia Prague fans on Twitter telling them to listen on Saturday.

Blows your mind.

They dont want to obviously or they would. Nobody is stopping them. At worse I doubt they give a flying F&ck because they dont have a jobby instead of a brain.
Aye, because it wouldn't cause any disharmony in the dressing room. Nope, not at all. :rolleyes:

Wtf are you slavering about "name them"? :))
You said...

"some players are thinking "how long is this going to last, we've been doing it for 18 months now but I don't want to be the first to say I'm not taking the knee anymore"?"

Who is thinking this? You obviously have a direct line to the changing room and have heard things, why else would you try and insinuate that Rangers players are getting annoyed having to support their friends and colleagues by taking the knee.

Or... you are talking shite and are making things up to try and support the nonsense you are slavering in this thread.

Agreed, and I love them for it.

What has that got to do with the subject matter though. None of those things have anything to do with Rangers players taking the knee. It’s been explained a hundred times the players don’t do it as a BLM leftist, anarchist anti British, unionist, loyalist act.

Just plain old black and white racial equality.Simple.

Don’t boo on Saturday. You will hurt our club.
On that, I was just replying to the guy who I feel was downplaying that aspect of our club.

To highlight the racial abuse black players get all the time on SM and elsewhere. Where you living on the moon during the Kamara incident? Its forcing debate and imo exposing the 'Im not racist ..but' brigade big time.

Blows my mind people are genuinely offended by this gesture.
It’s not exactly a debate with people like yourself who take it as “everyone who disagrees with me is racist”.

We will have to agree to disagree mate.

Aye, because it wouldn't cause any disharmony in the dressing room. Nope, not at all. :rolleyes:

Your spot on mate why didnt I clock that before? Yeah it clearly has hasn't it? I mean the tension between the players is unbearable just now. I've never seen a more disjointed and unharmonised sqaud in my life. Worse than the Advocaat era with the Dutch.

Right troops lets f^cking boo the black players until this shit stopped and they do something against racism that makes us white folk feel a little bit less threatened and uncomfortable.

LOL!!!

What a fucking take.

You realise there is a difference between BLM as an organisation and BLM as a sentiment? And this has been explained so many times that I can only imagine those still persisting with this particular line of pish are wilfully ignoring it to suit their insane argument.

Oh aye, taking the knee is the same as a Nazi salute.

You utter crank.
Yes everyone knows the difference, they are stark. So why adopt their gesture??

The take the knee stuff started with BLM the organisation before it became a wider meaning. In fact, the distinction only became a thing last year when they came into more notariety following the George flloyd riots and organisations had to start distancing themselves from blm the group.

So why in god's name would you use the same imagery of an evil group (where the nazi salute analogy comes from, I didn't think they needed spelt out). It's a PR disaster.

Love your idea of questioning them to see whether you agree though. I'm sure that would be well received by the players.

The players are choosing to do it so will see value in doing so (or else they wouldn't be doing it)

Honestly what planet do you live on
Are you seriously suggesting that there’s an issue with what I had said there?

Are you suggesting that you’d support them on literally whatever they said without at least hearing what they want to change?

It’s not exactly a debate with people like yourself who take it as “everyone who disagrees with me is racist”.

There really isnt anywhere else to hide with this. Everything else is just a strawman argument now.

These songs were sung two weeks ago at tranmere.
When you result to personal insults then you’ve lost the argument.
They won’t say a thing about these songs as they are all bluster.
I'm not involved in an argument with you mate, just wanted to pop on and say that you are definitely insane.

When the club again make a stand against songs using sectarian terms, like they and the players are right now regarding taking the knee, I will happily engage with others about it in a similar vein as I have done here.

I've no interest in doing that in here, as it would de-rail what is already a pretty scattershot thread.

And if you hear those songs frequently at Ibrox, where the precisely do you sit? Because I've been a season ticket holder for fourteen years and I haven't heard them belted out regularly.

The take the knee stuff started with BLM the organisation before it became a wider meaning. In fact, the distinction only became a thing last year when they came into more notariety following the George flloyd riots and organisations had to start distancing themselves from blm the group.

So why in god's name would you use the same imagery of an evil group (where the nazi salute analogy comes from, I didn't think they needed spelt out). It's a PR disaster.
Taking the knee did not start with BLM. Stop telling lies

If I didn't want people to think I was racist the last thing I'd do is boo an anti-racism gesture. You could hardly blame people for reaching that conclusion. Trust me, there will be no nuance in the headlines that will travel across the world.

America is the global symbol of capitalism.

By opposing Americanisation, you're actually furthering a Marxist agenda.

Ask yourself, why is it that people want to be more like Americans? What is it that is appealing about it, and why is that a bad thing?
Explain this, because all I see in western europe is a dislike of america. That's just on this forum alone.

The PR disaster waiting to happen is people booing players protesting anti racism.

BLM activists in the community will use the image and symbolism of players doing it to bring disaffected youths on board and start to build resentment against mainstream society.

Lol this is up there with the most ridiculous things in this thread & that's saying something

That'll be the mainstream society that has tolerated or turned a blind eye to racism throughout the 20th century? If there was no racism, there would be no need to take the knee. Its that simple and dont kid yourself on its about racism in another country, its about discrimination here. If the Ibrox booers can't have word with themselves and respect our players then maybe they could do the rest of us a favour and stay at home and bump their gums till their heart's content.

So you now agree with me that these songs are still being sung.
What was it you said earlier ? Twenty years :))
Sounds like a brief outburst within a wider singsong. I havent personally heard that song at Ibrox for at least 15 years and its quite worrying that you had that video so readily at hand

Anyway, back on subject what the fck does it have to do with taking the knee?

It isn't for you to decide what is appropriate.

Unless you are affected by the very thing our players are protesting, you don't get a say in what is appropriate. You can disagree, and I would never say someone can't have a different opinion, but you have no purchase in the debate.

It is a peaceful protest. You are ascribing meaning to it that doesn't exist.

The people protesting have explained it to the wider audience for over a year, but some people just won't hear them. And at that point, I have to believe that you are either disingenuous or a bit racist.

Or are our players liars?

The PR disaster waiting to happen is people booing players protesting anti racism.
Really?

So you're an anti racism activist and you want to affect change in racial equality and unite everyone behind a cause. You choose a gesture which is associated with an evil organisation who a lot of people hate.

You don't reckon that's a pr disaster?

What bad PR have we received from taking the knee? The only people angered by it are the people it's aimed at.

Posts like this are a gentle reminder that FF is primarily full of pre-pubescent teens and 45 year olds who still live with their parents.
Post like yours are a gentle reminder that FF is also full of old dinosaurs who are simply unwilling to listen to the players and believe their own self righteous opinions far outweigh everything else.

If I didn't want people to think I was racist the last thing I'd do is boo an anti-racism gesture. You could hardly blame people for reaching that conclusion. Trust me, there will be no nuance in the headlines that will travel across the world.
We will have to agree to disagree on that. Myself and 100s of millions of others around the world see the gesture as linked to the tarnished BLM movement. That’s never going to change now.

you can believe I am wrong about this but you can’t claim that the sentiment doesn’t exist.

so then the question is what do we do about that sentiment.

Really?

So you're an anti racism activist and you want to affect change in racial equality and unite everyone behind a cause. You choose a gesture which is associated with an evil organisation who a lot of people hate.

You don't reckon that's a pr disaster?

Are you posting on an alt account, been banned or genuinely just a new poster who picks this as their first topic to get really involved in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back