Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great comeback. Are you too entrenched in your own view to think that maybe, just maybe, some players think this has ran its course but don't want to be the first to say so?
Thats not really for fans to decide by booing though is it?

Really?

So you're an anti racism activist and you want to affect change in racial equality and unite everyone behind a cause. You choose a gesture which is associated with an evil organisation who a lot of people hate.

You don't reckon that's a pr disaster?
We’ve just won our first title in a decade. Fans have been allowed back in the ground after 18 months. Our players who on a regular basis suffer racist abuse have repeatedly explained the gesture has nothing to do with BLM as an organisation.

But yet there are fans who choose not to believe them and want to boo them despite everything they have done for us. That will be an absolute embarrassment.

Really?

So you're an anti racism activist and you want to affect change in racial equality and unite everyone behind a cause. You choose a gesture which is associated with an evil organisation who a lot of people hate.

You don't reckon that's a pr disaster?
BLM do not OWN the knee. How many times does this need explained? Why are you still banging on that same drum? If anyone thinks our multi millionaire players are paying tribute to some sort of nazi marxist conspiracy we really need to re-open Leverndale.

Yes I am

Its pretty f*cking obvious why they are doing it & what for
Tell me then mate I really want to know. Apart from just against racism, what is the actual demands of the protest because I want to know if there’s anything I can do to help them achieve it.

It started with Colin Kaepernick in support of BLM in 2016 after the riots in Ferguson and the fake hands up don't shoot lie propagated by BLM and certain news media.
untitled-design-18.png

So I’ve called you out regards the song being sung and proved you wrong.
So you weren’t at the old firm game just over two years ago ?
Regards the songs you have bumped your guns about people booing the knee.
Yet I’ve never seen you post on here about the singing of the songs despite half of our team being RC.
It seems you want to pick and choose what kind of hate is acceptable.
You dont know anything about me bud, and with what I know of you I'm glad.

Both types of hate are unacceptable. I dont have to campaign about dodgy singing at Ibrox because it has been all but eradicated, apart from euroneds like yourself

I'm glad you countered it and gave a brilliant rebuttal. Otherwise people might think you had no answer

Oh yeah sorry, you're right. I don't have an answer to your claim that BLM activists roam around communities recruiting youngsters using pictures of footballers taking the knee to persuade them to join & reject mainstream society.

You'd be better calling a psychiatrist as I'm sure they'd have something to say about that fairy tale

Great comeback. Are you too entrenched in your own view to think that maybe, just maybe, some players think this has ran its course but don't want to be the first to say so?

Many a black player/athlete/sports person/public figure have said they personally think its ran it course.

If any of our players believed the same, I doubt it would be of much concern to the rest.

Last edited:
So I’ve called you out regards the song being sung and proved you wrong.
So you weren’t at the old firm game just over two years ago ?
Regards the songs you have bumped your guns about people booing the knee.
Yet I’ve never seen you post on here about the singing of the songs despite half of our team being RC.
It seems you want to pick and choose what kind of hate is acceptable.

You're now coming across as someone who desperately wants to show our supporters being sectarian or racist. You are even posting evidence of it apparently.

Did you make this account because you are scared to post on your main, because you have been banned or because you are genuinely new and just happened to pick this subject to talk about?

Tell me then mate I really want to know. Apart from just against racism, what is the actual demands of the protest because I want to know if there’s anything I can do to help them achieve it.
Dont boo. Be more aware of racism and appreciate you dont have the experiences of a black person growing up in the UK. Just take a step back. Nobody is coming after you. There is nothing to be afraid of. Of all the things in this world to get upset and raging about this isn't it. There are far worse hills to die on.

I reckon this will shake our support up far more than people think. The club are going to come down on anyone who boo's like a ton of bricks.

The
What bad PR have we received from taking the knee? The only people angered by it are the people it's aimed a

That'll be the mainstream society that has tolerated or turned a blind eye to racism throughout the 20th century? If there was no racism, there would be no need to take the knee. Its that simple and dont kid yourself on its about racism in another country, its about discrimination here. If the Ibrox booers can't have word with themselves and respect our players then maybe they could do the rest of us a favour and stay at home and bump their gums till their heart's content.
Has it?

Is there any country in the world you'd rather be black and live in? That doesn't sound like a society that turns a blind eye to anything. I'm not black so I don't know the daily stuff black people might hear on a daily basis, but there is no systemic racism in this country, none. Generations change organically to be more accepting. This kind of stuff doesn't work for the people who are actually racist. Thats the point. By adopting blm imagery all they are doing is alienating allies.

Dont boo. Be more aware of racism and appreciate you dont have the experiences of a black person growing up in the UK. Just take a step back. Nobody is coming after you. There is nothing to be afraid of. Of all the things in this world to get upset and raging about this isn't it. There are far wors ehills to die on.

I reckon this will shake our support up far more than people think. The club are going to come down on anyone who boo's like a ton of bricks.
I can see there being bother in the stands especially away games.
How depressing.

Why does Goldson raise his arm and clench his fist whilst taking the knee ?

A representation of defiance and solidarity, same reason our manager done it.

What that has to do with the following though I don't really know.

"The reason I’m posting on here is to counter argument of the little fascists who want good Rangers supporters banned for showing displeasure at an act that has no place in sport or football.
I want boo . But I respect the right of those who do."

This.

Another myth clamped. Will anyone who was happy to boo not realise or admit they are being duped?

I have no time for #BLM btw. None. But everyone should have the minerals between their ears to just listen to the players and move on.

wait till they see who led to Kaepernick changing from sitting to kneeling

How depressing.
There was bother at the Celtic game where people booed Griffiths and older fans weren't happy about Celtic players being booed, and that's a guy that was messaging children that's being booed.

We are just asking fans not to boo black footballers who are the victims of racial abuse (some of which came from our own fans), making a stance against that abuse.

Madness.

What bad PR have we received from taking the knee? The only people angered by it are the people it's aimed at.
Ah yes all those racists are just outing themselves, that's what it is.

That myth got put to bed by the Millwall fans within a week.

But let assume you're right for a minute, everyone booing is racist.... So what good is the gesture doing? Angering racists, it's hardly achieving the goal is it?

That's the pr fail. Not for rangers or any club specifically, but in diminishing the whole point of kneeling in the first place.

See that’s where you are wrong. I’ve called you and showed you a YouTube clip from may 2019 .
Which basically makes you look stupid.

1/ So I want boo the knee
2/ I’m against sectarian songs.
3/ I won’t hold against fans who don’t support taking the knee.
4/ I think that I’m in tune with the vast majority of our support.
5/ When people resort to personal insults you know you’ve got them rattled.

Ps . Here’s the clip 1 minute 10 seconds of the whole stadium singing No Pope of Rome.

You WERE dropped on your heid

Dont boo. Be more aware of racism and appreciate you dont have the experiences of a black person growing up in the UK. Just take a step back. Nobody is coming after you. There is nothing to be afraid of. Of all the things in this world to get upset and raging about this isn't it. There are far worse hills to die on.

You dont know anything about me so don’t presume to, I have experienced racism because of being white in a non white country that involved me being soar at when I was a kid.

So right say not one person at Ibrox boo’s that’s us sorted? Of course not. So what is the actual goals? Not vague nothing stuff like what you just said.

Also if you think the club are going to ban people for booing then you are going to be shocked to your core when you see how our away support will react to the knee.

Are you posting on an alt account, been banned or genuinely just a new poster who picks this as their first topic to get really involved in?
Sorry is it only seasoned regulars of FF who get an opinion? I've had a season ticket for 18 years, I think I'll voice my opinion if it's all the same to you.

There was bother at the Celtic game where people booed Griffiths and older fans weren't happy about Celtic players being booed, and that's a guy that was messaging children that's being booed.

We are just asking fans not to boo black footballers who are the victims of racial abuse (some of which came from our own fans), making a stance against that abuse.

Madness.
There's also a fair degree on shit stirring going on and the thread has started to reek a bit.

Hopefully when it comes to the bit it will be a non issue

It's got absolutely nothing to do with my support of Rangers football club.

We've got links to every country in the world. The political situation in then means nothing to me and I'm not about to have my views decided based upon which football team I support.
Good for you, but that's something you'll have to live with as a Rangers supporter, whether you like it or not.

There is nowhere else outside of Scotland with the links we have to the people of ulster. In fact, one club helped us in our hour of need. Where do you think they came from. You can turn your back on them all you want, but then again these people have had to deal with this all their life.

Very disappointing to see people who should be with them, turn their back on them.

But let assume you're right for a minute, everyone booing is racist.... So what good is the gesture doing? Angering racists, it's hardly achieving the goal is it?

That's the pr fail. Not for rangers or any club specifically, but in diminishing the whole point of kneeling in the first place.
So an anti-racism gesture that angers racists is a PR fail? What planet are you living on?

The fact that this thread has nearly a thousand posts of people arguing and disagreeing should mean players taking the knee should be replaced. For over a year it has been plastered all over the news that takin the knee is associated with BLM the pulling down of statues and the defund the police movement. It is completely understandable why people associate it with politics and boo it. If the players want to make a statement before kickoff i have no doubt they would have 100% support and no boos from the fans in the stadium. Rangers stand against racism is something we would all get behind.

The point of the kneeling gesture is to maintain awareness around the issue as long as it lasts.

I'd say the fact it is clearly still maintaining a high profile and generating diiscussion around the topic suggests it is achieving that at least.

The fact that this thread has nearly a thousand posts of people arguing and disagreeing should mean players taking the knee should be replaced. For over a year it has been plastered all over the news that takin the knee is associated with BLM the pulling down of statues and the defund the police movement. It is completely understandable why people associate it with politics and boo it. If the players want to make a statement before kickoff i have no doubt they would have 100% support and no boos from the fans in the stadium. Rangers stand against racism is something we would all get behind.
There is plenty of politics that is infused with football that those booing taking the knee have no issue with.

the players told us
its not political, its anti-racism
thats their stand
support them

The fact that this thread has nearly a thousand posts of people arguing and disagreeing should mean players taking the knee should be replaced.
The point would hold more validity if 723 of those pots weren't wild posts from Everyone knows his name TBF, take them away the large % of the post are generally in agreement that booing it is fucking dumb.

How depressing.
Front page news for a long, long time. This is going to be a nightmare all because folk cant keep their mouths shut for 5 seconds.

Not heard a single boo watching any of the scottish games on premier plsu the tims game. They cheered a beast though but you wont hear a peep from them. Why do we do this to ourselves?

It's got absolutely nothing to do with my support of Rangers football club.

We've got links to every country in the world. The political situation in then means nothing to me and I'm not about to have my views decided based upon which football team I support.
Good for you, but that's something you'll have to live with as a
What Rangers people have died at the hands of people representing Palestine?
Let's try with the many lads, some of whom I have known, who now lie in a grave who have been over here many times supporting Rangers, there will be many.

The people who murdered them were trained and armed by plo contacts, in fact they worked together along with Gaddafi. Hope that explains it to you.

Last edited:
It's easy to come on here and act all hard man however I've never once seen anyone home or away confront those who indulge in singing about the Pope or jobby sands.

"Keyboard warriors" i think the term is.
Aye, it is, as we've seen in this thread

Its also easy to be a keyboard hard man re booing our BAME players taking the knee. Maybe a season ticket forfeiture would waken folk up to observe some human decency

It's easy to come on here and act all hard man however I've never once seen anyone home or away confront those who indulge in singing about the Pope or jobby sands.

"Keyboard warriors" i think the term is.

It's not really at all to be honest, fans having to self police at games has always been a pretty shit suggestion in counter to people saying what should and shouldn't be sung at a game, it is likely only going to end up in the shits with fans scrapping, suggesting people are some how weak for wanting to avoid that is a bit silly.

That’s my point the hypocrisy on here about booing “ taking the knee” and yet those very same posters who are attacking other bears for not agreeing with the gesture.
Yet they said nothing on here about our RC players having to listen to certain songs.
They are absolute hypocrites.
There's a couple of points there tyou make and both are categorically incorrect.

People are not being attacked for diagreeing with taking the knee. The topic of discusson is around vocally booing our own players who have chosen to do it and have explained their reasoning - which has nothing to do with any of the reasons those upset about it are stating their issues with it are generated by.

Secondly you've said people on here have taken issue with this but have not said anything about our RC players listening to anti-RC songs. That's also incorrect, as the fact you've (rather oddly) decided to put together a list of users based upon them doing exactly that within the same thread - hence how you managed to put your list together.

Thridly, if you ever happen to partake in an FF match thread and find that a broadcast match has any kind of audible singing of these songs picked up, you'd be aware that a great deal of us are vocal about the stupidity of doing it and the issues it causes the club - particularly when it's happened in Europe and the cluub has been actively punished as a result.

Folk going back to the 1800's and the 1960's regarding to the knee, Today in 2021 taking the knee is seen as a show of support for BLM it is crazy to deny that and im pretty sure someone took a knee before the 1800s!!

PRI_153523454-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back