CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

The good thing is that Kamara will be back for the return leg in Greece should we beat Malmö and that will be massive for us as he’s very good at keeping the ball and knitting play together, it will be a hostile atmosphere and he will bring added composure to the midfield. Alfie should also be up to speed by then, possibly even Jack if he gets the all clear.

Happyish with our draws.

There wasn't going to be a easy tie in the playoff round of the CL but wanted to avoid Salzburg.

The EL could have been kinder travel wise but to not qualify for the EL groups we would have to lose to Malmo and Alashakert and Kairat- that would be a shocker.

As for the tims you wouldn't bet on them beating both Jablonic and AZ so I think the Conference is most likely for them.

They can get

Molde
Rapid Wien / Anorthosis Famagusta
Santa Clara
Sivasporr
Tobol
The Tims better hope they get past Jablonec.

Santa Clara, Tobol and Famagusta aside most of those sides would be favourites.

Molde made it to the knockout stages of the Europa League last season and are well into their season.

Could have been worse. We‘ve got a great chance to go through. We’ve beaten far better teams, I fancy us to do it

The good thing is that Kamara will be back for the return leg in Greece should we beat Malmö and that will be massive for us as he’s very good at keeping the ball and knitting play together, it will be a hostile atmosphere and he will bring added composure to the midfield. Alfie should also be up to speed by then, possibly even Jack if he gets the all clear.
We've definitely got the options in the squad to qualify, just need to perform in the games but I'm happy with how today went

With that draw I would say we are guaranteed Europa League at a minimum. Those two in the EL playoffs will be easy.

Still have faith we’ll get past Malmö of course!

They'll have a decent chance. Alkmaar are hardly giants of European football.
They aren't footballing giants but they have a very good side, with a lot of players in their early 20s who will probably go on to be Dutch internationalist.

Put it this way they are a far superior side to the team Midtjylland have become.

You just know that if they go into that it will suddenly be viewed as a competition of great significance. If we went into the conference we would be among the favourites to win it.
I’d consider using it for our second string/youth players and concentrating on the league.

every country has its reasons for certs and 3 of them are currently blocking us

when will this pish end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almaty would be a difficult away game. High temperatures, decent home record. I think similar for Alashkert with very hot weather but both very beatable. But let’s just take care of Malmo.I think we can beat Olympiacos or Ludogerets if we do. Same issues with weather but travel would be a bit easier. The bottom line is we have beaten better than any of the five of them in Europe in the last two years.

Kairat have only won their league once in the last 11 years, although they came second the last 5 years. They’ve only reached the EL play off round once 5 years ago. They generally get eliminated in the 2nd or 3rd qualifying round. They put out Maccabi Haifa this year in the CL round 1, but were eliminated by Crvena Zvezda in round 2. They’re ranked 189 in the Uefa rankings.

Alashkert have won their league 4 times from the last 6, although it is very poor league. The furthest they’ve managed in the EL is the 3rd round qualifier, but only once. They’ve been eliminated in round 2 every other time. They also lost their opening game of the season 3-0 yesterday. They put out Connahs Quay in the CL round 1 this year but were eliminated in round 2 by Sheriff Tiraspol. They’re ranked 108th in the Uefa rankings.

We would be expected to beat both teams, but they are a nightmare travel wise especially before the old firm game. None of this probably matters as we are going to pump Malmö but just in case anyone is interested!

I’d consider using it for our second string/youth players and concentrating on the league.
Not for me, if we somehow end up in it then I think we have a reasonable chance to win the thing. Apart from Roma, Spurs and maybe a couple more there aren’t really any amazing sides in it.

You’re saying that but we don’t get nothing for making the Europa league . If we beat Malmö then lose to the Greeks we get a £5 million parachute payment straight away , then about £15 million for the Europa groups including gate and prize money .

Yes, it’s roughly 15m versus 35m Davie.

If we lose to Malmo and end up playing Kairat or Alashkert, the trick will be to win the home leg comfortably enough that some of our key players for the Old Firm game can be left behind in Glasgow for the second leg.

Whit? Relative ease? Clueless
Porto and Benfica are miles above all 3 teams, we didn't lose to them.

Feyenoord, Braga, Antwerp and arguably even Standard Liege are all at the same level or better.

I don't know why people are taking issue with that comment, we have beaten far better teams over two legs than Malmo, Olympiacos or Ludogrets in recent years. It should be relatively easy for us.

Worst thing is I want the Malmö game tonight and play the next opponent tomorrow :))
Love European football well now we are a proper European side.

Tough draw but these are teams we need to go up against if we want a crack at the CL.Bring it on.

Mate they don't even have facebook accounts fs lol
They do just not very busy lol

Porto and Benfica are miles above all 3 teams, we didn't lose to them.

Feyenoord, Braga, Antwerp and arguably even Standard Liege are all at the same level or better.

I don't know why people are taking issue with that comment, we have beaten far better teams over two legs than Malmo, Olympiacos or Ludogrets in recent years. It should be relatively easy for us.
Antwerp, Feyenoord and Liege are nowhere near Olympiakos.

Porto, Benfica, Slavia and Braga are the only teams we've played that are similar or better, and none of them are "miles ahead"

Take one look at Olympiakos' recent european form and you'll quickly realise they are similar in quality to ourselves and Slavia. This is probably the best tie we couldve got but its still basically a 50/50

Antwerp, Feyenoord and Liege are nowhere near Olympiakos.

Porto, Benfica, Slavia and Braga are the only teams we've played that are similar or better, and none of them are "miles ahead"

Take one look at Olympiakos' recent european form and you'll quickly realise they are similar in quality to ourselves and Slavia. This is probably the best tie we couldve got but its still basically a 50/50
They won't definitely beat Ludogrets, they barely scraped by Neftci too.

It's a tie we should 100% be winning.

We've done little in European football to dismiss any competition. I think this is one of the issues with the Scottish attitude and we lag behind other nations in club and international football.

How funny would it be if Celtic were to be eliminated from 3 euro competitions in just over a month

Would rather they still had to play Thursdays in the conference league.

Assume If they lose to Jabolenec they’ll get a pretty winnable conference league draw

Back