CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

Sounds like long trips before OF game regardless of competition.

Bring it.

Two shite teams really, can be dodgy playing these teams from Kazakhstan sometimes but we should really skoosh that, Shame about the travel though.

Great Europa league draw if we don’t get through Malmö. We could have had a lot worse if we had gotten another priority 2 group.

the draw rules are nuts

End of the day beat Malmö to have guaranteed European League football is an unreal position tbh! Gerrard and the club deserve credit for getting us to this place.

If they beat Jablonec they play AZ in the play off round.

Lose to Jablonec and they fall to the ECL play off round which will be drawn at 1pm.
They would need to lose to Jablonec to play in the conference league play off.

If they beat Jablonec they play AZ

Lose to AZ they fall into the group stages of the Conference League

Hope we get past Malmö

The gaffer and team will be focused on getting the job done in the next 2 ties and hopefully guarantee us a EL place but we want a crack at the CL PO games

Sounds a bastard of a journey. Makes Malmo even more massive now, if that is possible.

A favourable draw for us and I'm confident we can get to the group stages,if we get past Malmo we should have Alfie back up to speed. It could've been a lot worse for us. I'm optimistic we can beat Malmo and whoever we face,my guess is that will be the Greeks.

As decent a draw as we could have got.

I'd imagine that most neutrals in Europe would make Olympiacos favourites to get to the group stage against us, Malmo or Ludogorets.

But when you look at our European results under Gerrard, we have a shout.

End of the day beat Malmö to have guaranteed European League football is an unreal position tbh! Gerrard and the club deserve credit for getting us to this place.
We are already guaranteed European football:

Beat Malmo and Olympiakos tie winner = Champions League
Beat Malmo and Lose to Olympiakos tie winner = Europa League
Lose to Malmo and win against Almaty/Alashkert = Europa League
Lose to Malmo and lose to Almaty/Alashkert = Europa Conference League

If they lose to Jabolec this is the teams they would face just to get into the conference league group

6 SK Rapid Wien (AUT) / Anorthosis Famagusta FC (CYP)
7 FC Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) / MŠK Žilina (SVK)
8 CD Santa Clara (POR) / NK Olimpija Ljubljana (SVN)
9 Dinamo Batumi (GEO) / Sivasspor (TUR)
10 Trabzonspor AŞ (TUR) / Molde FK (NOR)

Why do you have a flat in Bulgaria if I can ask mate ? Seems a bit unusual
My wife & I bought it 16 years ago, to be honest it was a poor investment but we love the place.
It's right on the coast walking distance to Nessebar & Sunny beach & we've met some great friends over the years.
We've travelled all over the country & enjoyed it , different but good.

No matter what happens this season we were always guaranteed Group Stage football this season, the Conference League group stage being our safety net.

Of course, I don't think anyone wants to be there, but it's there all the same.

Back