CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

We've done little in European football to dismiss any competition. I think this is one of the issues with the Scottish attitude and we lag behind other nations in club and international football.
Nah, not for me.

Our second string is still incredibly strong, and given the level of teams we’d be likely to face in the Conference League, should be more than enough until the later stages.

This season is all about winning the league and getting the automatic CL money.

Do we get a £5 million bonus payment for getting through against Malmö?
Yes.

Beating Malmö and qualifying from the EL group will guarantee us around £20m all in, maybe just over.

It’s not bad at all.

Gerrard's planning for this, if we beat Malmo, would be interesting, in terms of strengthening the squad etc.

Our squad will be the same for the playoff round. There isn’t time to get someone in and ready between the ties.

If we qualify for the groups we may add one more player but we already have a bloated squad that the gaffer has said he’s happy with.

Roofe and Kamara will be available for group stages in whatever competition we’re in.

Nah, not for me.

Our second string is still incredibly strong, and given the level of teams we’d be likely to face in the Conference League, should be more than enough until the later stages.

This season is all about winning the league and getting the automatic CL money.

The players/team have improved immeasurably due to our European runs and going up against varying opponents.

I recall this stage last year there were people on this board content to go out of Europe altogether in order to concentrate on the League. We showed we can do both - indeed, we played our best football during that period.

Scottish football has achieved bugger all to dismiss a European tournament.

The players/team have improved immeasurably due to our European runs and going up against varying opponents.

I recall this stage last year there were people on this board content to go out of Europe altogether in order to concentrate on the League. We showed we can do both - indeed, we played our best football during that period.

Scottish football has achieved bugger all to dismiss a European tournament.
We can argue about it all day, but I see no reason why we can’t rely on a rotated squad for the majority of Conference League games if we were unlucky enough to end up there.

I don’t think you’re doing justice to the squad depth we’ve created under Gerrard.

Think both Hibs and Aberdeen will find those draws tough.

Not impossible certainly but far from straightforward.

Aberdeen have a right good chance there.

Hibs have a bit of a stinker with PAOK.

Can't see St Johnstone getting through either.

Reactions: Moz
Back