CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

Celtic going to have a tough task to get past Alkmaar (assuming they're even capable of seeing off Jablonec)

Think both Hibs and Aberdeen will find those draws tough.

Not impossible certainly but far from straightforward.
Not easy draws but when you compare it to the sides they could have got, it is a decent draw.

It's probably the best chance they've both had in getting to group stage football in a long time.

Definitely winnable for them. I know we're not supposed to want Scottish teams to do well, but it would be a nice change of pace to see a different Scottish team in the group stages of a European competition.
I actually agree as much as I dislike them , these teams such as Hibs , Aberdeen , Celtic need to start pulling their weight in Europe to keep up the co-efficient

The players/team have improved immeasurably due to our European runs and going up against varying opponents.

I recall this stage last year there were people on this board content to go out of Europe altogether in order to concentrate on the League. We showed we can do both - indeed, we played our best football during that period.

Scottish football has achieved bugger all to dismiss a European tournament.

We need europe to keep the team ticking over. They have played their best when we have had 2 games a week!

Spurs could have a tough time of it away to Pacos De Ferreira. They took AC Milan to penalties last year.

edit: ignore me I’m talking shite, that was Rio Ave

It was better than the alternative. Greek sides are doing poorly in Europe so far as well. Already 2 out of 4 out.

Im not sure I’d back them to get past Rijeka. Probably 50/50.

But I hope they, Aberdeen and Celtic are all in the group stages of that tournament

Conference League group stages
Not true, they will have to play the ECL play off round vs either Tobol Kostonay (kazakhstan) or Zilina (slovakia).

So there is a chance that both us and them will have to play in Kazahkstan 3 days before the OF game

Not true, they will have to play the ECL play off round vs either Tobol Kostonay (kazakhstan) or Zilina (slovakia).

So there is a chance that both us and them will have to play in Kazahkstan 3 days before the OF game
They’re in the ECL play off round if they lose to Jablonec.

if they beat Jablonec and then lose to AZ then they’re in the ECL groups.

If they beat that Czech mob they are automatically in the conference groups mate, lose to the Czech side and they’ll have to play the PO round in conference

That’s if they lose to Jablonec.

if they lose to Alkmaar they are in conference groups

That’s only if they lose to Jablonec.

He asked what happens if they beat Jablonec and lose to Az alkmaar

Think the poster asked what happens to Celtic if they beat Jablonec but go out to AZ in the playoff round.

In which case they drop into the Conference League group stage.

Porto and Benfica are miles above all 3 teams, we didn't lose to them.

Feyenoord, Braga, Antwerp and arguably even Standard Liege are all at the same level or better.

I don't know why people are taking issue with that comment, we have beaten far better teams over two legs than Malmo, Olympiacos or Ludogrets in recent years. It should be relatively easy for us.
Absolute nonsense, no final qualifying round tie is easy. I bet you are the type who moans on the match thread if we aren't 17-0 up against hamilton after 5 minutes.

Alkmaar will pump the mentally challengeds. They are a very, very decent side.

Im not sure I’d back them to get past Rijeka. Probably 50/50.

But I hope they, Aberdeen and Celtic are all in the group stages of that tournament
Yeah I wouldn't either. I'd have the Croatians as favourites. But if I remember correctly that wasn't the hardest one they could have got.

One thing is for sure, if Aberdeen Hibs and Celtic all get through to the groups, there isn’t going to be many league games played on Saturdays up till December

Back