CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

Now I don’t hope we play them cause it would mean we are out of the CL but I am off to Almaty next week for work.
It is a great city with lots to see and beautiful women.

Olympiacos are an absolute mess, they were lucky to scrape through against an Azerbaijani side in the last round. Imagine being told at the start of the season that them or Ludogrets are all the stand in the way between us and the our first CL group stages in over a decade. Compared to what we could have got, it's a dream draw for us.

Olympiacos are an absolute mess, they were lucky to scrape through against an Azerbaijani side in the last round. Imagine being told at the start of the season that them or Ludogrets are all the stand in the way between us and the our first CL group stages in over a decade. Compared to what we could have got, it's a dream draw for us.
An absolute mess having just won the Greek league by 26 points?

An absolute mess that won their domestic league by more points than we did?

I dont think this is quite right? Olympiakos are Greek champions.

They put out PSV last season and also won 1-0 at the Emirates. They finished 3rd in a CL group behind Man City, Porto and finished ahead of Marseille.

I think they are beatable but to write them off like that is madness.

The squad they played for those two games were second/third string squads because of COVID and injuries. I do agree that it is a better tie than the other ones we could have got though.

Reactions: TPP
Very good , a mess lolz . They absolutely smashed their league last season . This will be a very , very tough tie .

That played arsenal off the park last season .
The humped PSV last season in the EL round of 32 after falling out the CL, but Arsenal put them away 4-1 on aggregate in the next round.

In the 19/20 season, they put Arsenal out of the round of 32 before going out to Wolves in the last 16.

If we lost to Malmö a trip to either Armenia or Kazakhstan wil be a long flight

A trip to Greece in the height of summer will be a tough one aswell

I dreamt of Europe not necessarily the CL . I like the Europa league it’s been superb for us the last three seasons , which have been the most enjoyable times in Europe for us since 2008 and 1992/3. The champions league isn’t enjoyable any more , it’s a lopsided tournament designed to make 7 or 8 clubs a lot of money every year. I prefer the Europa I don’t think I’m alone .
That's like saying you go on ahead and I will hide behind a tree

The humped PSV last season in the EL round of 32 after falling out the CL, but Arsenal put them away 4-1 on aggregate in the next round.

In the 19/20 season, they put Arsenal out of the round of 32 before going out to Wolves in the last 16.
3-2 on aggregate with Arsenal they won at the Emirates after losing 1-3 at home.

Too much overconfidence from some posters.
If we do face Olympiakos it's be a tough game, 50/50 i'd say.

I'm old enough to remember this lot of sides:

Levski Sofia, AEK Athens, IFK Goteborg, Fenerbahce, CSKA Moscow. Even Malmo.

All put us out on our arse in the qualifiying stages of the Champions League.

We have no place to be writing off anyone.

Worth pointing out that the first leg of the Play Off round of the CL qualifiers is before the Greek League starts. And half of Olympiacos’ team have missed much of preseason due to covid.

That should be a significant advantage should we progress against Malmo

Not gonna be easy, Olympiacos have qualified for the CL 20 times in the past 23 years. It is however the best draw we could have got, due to the current state of their squad
That’s some amount of loot they’ve either wasted or their owners have trousered.

If we dispatch Malmo Oympiacos will be tough they are a good team might not be firing yet looking at results but they'd be favourites against hopefully Ludogorets cause an upset in that one as sadly i think Olympiacos would be a step too far for us just now.

Too much overconfidence from some posters.
If we do face Olympiakos it's be a tough game, 50/50 i'd say.

I'm old enough to remember this lot of sides:

Levski Sofia, AEK Athens, IFK Goteborg, Fenerbahce, CSKA Moscow. Even Malmo.

All put us out on our arse in the qualifiying stages of the Champions League.

We have no place to be writing off anyone.
This . Not to mention FC Kaunas !

Not gonna be easy, Olympiacos have qualified for the CL 20 times in the past 23 years. It is however the best draw we could have got, due to the current state of their squad
What’s up with their squad?
I genuinely know nothing about them apart from the fact they play in red and white stripes and come from Greece.

It’s a ridiculously hard pathway to the CL. Olympicos is by far the hardest draw we could have had. We have zero luck in this years draw.

What’s up with their squad?
I genuinely know nothing about them apart from the fact they play in red and white stripes and come from Greece.
Smacked with COVID. Will be fine by the time they play us unfortunately.

Nightmare game that . The away tie was an absolute disaster . Can’t remember the name of the team , started with a V I’m sure .
Probably wouldn’t have done the treble right enough if we had a long European run that year.

Nightmare game that . The away tie was an absolute disaster . Can’t remember the name of the team , started with a V I’m sure .

Has to be up there with the worst. Partly because it felt like we’d got out of jail when we went 3-0 up at Ibrox, then they scored.

Can also remember Klos going up from a corner and nearly scoring

It’s a ridiculously hard pathway to the CL. Olympicos is by far the hardest draw we could have had. We have zero luck in this years draw.

I reckon you don’t suffer adversity or challenges very well.

It’s not an easy tie….but the champions route now makes it much easier for a team like us to get into the CL.

A decade ago we could have been playing a top 4 english or Spanish side.

I reckon you don’t suffer adversity or challenges very well.

It’s not an easy tie….but the champions route now makes it much easier for a team like us to get into the CL.

A decade ago we could have been playing a top 4 english or Spanish side.
Sometimes getting a 4th tier Spanish or epl side can be easier.

Lol I remember when Gerrard first came here majority of folk weren't confident of getting a result against Maribor in the qualifiers.

Happy with the draw though and I think we absolutely have a squad that can get us to the groups.

Sometimes getting a 4th tier Spanish or epl side can be easier.

Easier than what ?
Olympiacos, should we both progress, will be a challenge but a very winnable one.

You made it sound like it was scaling Everest !

Greek league doesn't start until 20th August.

They've been back since end June, perhaps a week or 2 before us, played more friendlies than we did arguably against better opposition, and aren't losing too many goals there. Wouldn't read much into their league starting date.

uusE3Is.png

Back