MOTM Poll Dundee Utd v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Midfield isn't working we don't need Lindstram and Davis dropping short to collect the ball just need 1. If he's insisting with this setup then get Arfield on so he can get upto try and support Alfie.

All they're doing is working hard off the ball and we have no answer to it it's always the same when we face teams that do it.

I was thinking more get Wright on and drop Aribo in the middle. Try and stretch the game a bit.
I really don't like Aribo in midfield. It seems like he's not sure what to do & his cover for the FB's isn't his greatest attribute in that position which leaves us exposed. His attacking is stifled because of it too. I also think he's a bigger threat up front than Wright too.

Lundstram due to be filed under PL player coming up and thinking he’ll stroll it ala barton etc, so slow and weak needs to really get his finger out.

I don’t think we can play Davis and Lundstram together, one or the other. Both together drag our intensity down to a crawl.

Davis pulling the strings for Kamara and Aribo is dynamic.

Lundstram and Davis leaves Kamara to spark during attacks, which is one dimensional and unfair on Kamara.

For anyone not watching and nearly having a coronary reading this thread, we've had 64% possession. We look fairly pedestrian and Dundee Utd are running about like diddy teams do v Rangers. Neither team has created a clear cut chance.
True but 0-0 is no good to us

Missed the first half just switched on for the 2nd kick off,Reading through a few posts it seems we have been very poor hopefully lift our game for the second half and get the 3 points we want.

The effort from United is all we're going to see this year. Everyone wants to be the team to beat us, plus fans are back.

Our players need to up the effort levels, there's no excuse for being outworked.
If i was a fan of one of these diddy teams i’d be raging that they dont put that effort in every week.

Would keep lundstrum on till 55/60 then take him off, aribo back to cam and wright on the wing

Don't see the point in that. Maybe if we were winning 2-0 mate. He was a passenger in that half. I won't write him off yet but we need more urgency in there. Giving it to 60 minutes and allowing their confidence to grow would be daft imo.

If we are wanting to play lundstrum. I think he would only work with 2 cdms

mclaughlin

tav
Godson

Helander
barasic

Lundstrum
Kamara

Kent
Wright

Aribo or Davis

Morelos

No chance that happens

I know that, counting down the days tbh

Thought he’d be a good replacement in the squad for zungu but right now I’d prefer zungu back

lundstram's a mile off the pace.
Are we starting this pish already?
New whipping boy 2 games into the season. It takes time to bed into a team.

We haven’t got too many playing well as yet. It will come. United are all full pelt in every area. They will tire and /or make some bad challenges.

United playing well and with energy. I suspect they will tire out on 65/70min +

John Lundstrum is so far behind the rest of our midfield it’s scary. Slow on the ball , game passes him by. Not suited to a dominating rangers team.

Kent needs more of the ball.

Aribo and Kamara been excellent
Alfie been decent as well!

Dundee Utd fan 1 "You're not Rangers anymore"

Dundee Utd fan 2 "Who we playing against?"

Dundee Utd fan 1 "Rangers"

Thick as mince.

He’s certainly not the all action energetic midfielder I was expecting based on what folk were saying when he signed.

Yeah, he is definitely not the box to box powerful midfielder I thought we were getting. I know competitively it is only two starts and a sub appearances from Lundstram but he needs to get his finger out, not deserving of a starting berth from what I have witnessed so far.

Are we starting this pish already?
New whipping boy 2 games into the season. It takes time to bed into a team.

We haven’t got too many playing well as yet. It will come. United are all full pelt in every area. They will tire and /or make some bad challenges.
Not 2 games, I’ve seen him play 5 times now

If we are wanting to play lundstrum. I think he would only work with 2 cdms

mclaughlin

tav
Godson

Helander
barasic

Lundstrum
Kamara

Kent
Wright

Aribo or Davis

Morelos

No chance that happens

So Davis, in the form of his life as our deep-lying playmaker, you'd put as a number 10 just behind the striker?

Is someone not allowed to be criticised for playing poorly?
There's not a lot of context though, just Lundstram is shite. He's shite because Davis and Kamara are shite.
Maybe the whole midfield is shite and soft AF with zero fluidity at the moment

Big team not up for it with a more important match in a few days, and with a few players not up to speed.

Wee team who find an extra 50% effort and treat it like a cup final.

Games like this happen the world over, the big team need to up their game or they could be in for a shock.

We look second best for every loose ball and only Aribo looks like he can create something in open play. Our set pieces so far have been rotten too.

Is he the only one playing poorly? Was he the only one playing poorly on Tuesday?

The answer is NO in both cases by the way.
Correct but we’ve seen the rest play very well, we haven’t see him play well since he signed imo. Madrid maybe the exception. He’s a new signing on big money and yet to impress when it counts.

It's only a test because we're playing lazy football and making far too many mistakes.
That is why it is a good test, with them chasing everything we need to step up and be sharper be it passing, movement and taking opportunities Jase!

United playing like they are in a cup final and we are playing like we did against Malmo on Tuesday- not good enough!
Lundstram carrying on from his midweek performance and Barisic isn’t too far behind him either but they aren’t alone.
Finger out Rangers!

Back