MOTM Poll Rangers v Dunfermline - 19:30 Friday - Premier Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've said elsewhere that I'd try to sell him and use the money to fund a bid for Ali McCann.

Not starting tonight suggests that he never will. He's 4th choice striker now. We can't justify keeping him and questions should be asked as to why we bothered signing him?
He would just sit next to Kelly on the bench or in the stand

I'd have thought tonights game was an opportunity for Gerrard to get match time for what he believes to be his top starting 11 as qe surely need to get them game time.
What does this team selection tell you?
I honestly don't know but surely hints at certain players are not simply short of matches

Feel for Kelly, he impressed during pre season and thought he would have started tonight, seemed like a good game to give him. We should have more than enough too see off Dunfermline but the way we’re playing let’s see

We should absolutely not be signing a player like McCann for that sort of money especially when he only has 1 year left on contract.

If we want him then we sign him if we can. If we wait until he's available on a pre-contract then there's a good chance somebody down south picks him up. £2mil wouldn't be a bad deal to bring in a player like McCann using money from the sale of Itten. Get him in now and he's even got a season of training with Steven Davis to help mentor him.

How can gerrard say no wholesale changes then makes wholesale changes?
Didn’t Gerrard say something like he’d pick his strongest team?

I reckon there are seven fit players dropped, who would be starting a big game.

It’s still probably enough to see off Dunfermline, but it’s a lot of changes.

Its a lot of changes after basically saying there wouldn't be. Baffling.

No point in itten staying if he has any ambition if he can’t get a game against Dunfermline in the cup Ideal game to see if Paterson and tavenier can play together or what kelly can do but it’s the same formation that Dunfermline will expect and counter with everybody behind the ball and nullify the fullbacks.

What's our strongest 11 then, go on?

Do you think the same 11 players should start every game no matter what? Even when they're underperforming?
That attitude got us fucked out last season. I'm not saying it's not a team that shouldnt win the game, but I'd be playing Morelos and Tav at the very least. A hard balance to get. Maybe you're right, maybe this early in the season that needs to be the signal if you don't play well. Sadly I don't think Gerrard has dropped them on that basis....

We thought Morelos was getting sold last year would be my guess.

If we'd actually sold Morelos then it would have been a complete shit show given how reluctant we seem to be to actually give Itten starts. What was it that we thought made him good enough to be a potential Morelos replacement at the time? Or even a reliable back-up for Morelos? If we don't rate him to start against Dunfermline then we never will rate him and we need to sell him. If we don't rate him to start against Dunfermline then we should be asking questions regarding his signing.

Happy with the team beside Helander being on the bench. How about we drop Goldson out instead of Big Fil. Fil is far superior.

Disappointed Itten and Kelly not given a chance of 90 minutes. Wouldn’t have Goldson anywhere near the team until he commits to the Club. Time to give hin an ultimatum, sign or move on. We cannot afford to allow him to run down his contract

Why does Goldson not get rotated? Helander should be playing. As others have said, the gaffer indicated that it would be his strongest side. Not sure that is true here.

That attitude got us fucked out last season. I'm not saying it's not a team that shouldnt win the game, but I'd be playing Morelos and Tav at the very least. A hard balance to get. Maybe you're right, maybe this early in the season that needs to be the signal if you don't play well. Sadly I don't think Gerrard has dropped them on that basis....
He replaced Morelos and Tav with Roofe and Patterson, it’s hardly a huge downgrade, they are both very good players

It's our 3rd game in 6 days so can understand why he's made so many changes. I'm guessing he wants to rotate to maybe send a message to some of them and also saving some legs given we have 5 games now in 2 weeks.

For all those saying Itten should be starting tonight remember he's the only backup to Morelos in Europe just now due to Roofe's suspension. If midweek goes well he will see game time then.

He replaced Morelos and Tav with Roofe and Patterson, it’s hardly a huge downgrade, they are both very good players
Very true mate but I think Roofe is short on game time. Anyway, as I said not the worst, but you can imagine the meltdown if we don't win.

FFS some folk are a joke when a team is named.
our 2 young full backs start
Kamara in the centre mid role
Hagi and Wright wide.
Hopefully Kelly and Itten can get decent game time.

Why does Goldson not get rotated? Helander should be playing. As others have said, the gaffer indicated that it would be his strongest side. Not sure that is true here.
This is exactly why I don't think Gerrard has dropped players for poor performance. He's been very nervous lately and needs a wee seat on the bench.

Something strange going on with Helander which is annoying.

I am happy with Patterson and Bassey starting and also Roofe coming back.

Excellent balance to the side. Good energy.
Great to see Roofe through the middle.
time for a statement

Back