Your Team V Hearts

More or less picks itself, for me:

Foderingham

Tavernier (c) Martin Alves John

Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Can't really argue with that. Although I'd like to see Cummings feature a lot earlier than he has been( sub wise ). He loves a goal against Hearts, and the celebration would be interesting :D

Probably too soon for Wallace, but if he was 100% fit, then he'd start over John for me.

I reckon it'll be same team as Hamilton with Holt back in for Docherty.

I don't honestly know what team i'd pick. I'd be tempted to get Docherty and Holt alongside Goss so we aren't short in midfield, but it would be a massive call to drop any of the front four.

same team for me, im torn on Holt or Docherty, i know there is much more to come from Docherty and id like to see him get a run but i think he will bring Holt back in.

same team for me, im torn on Holt or Docherty, i know there is much more to come from Docherty and id like to see him get a run but i think he will bring Holt back in.
I think holt will come back in. However if it was me I’d keep docherty as he is stronger than holt. Central midfield is too lightweight for my liking.

I think holt will come back in. However if it was me I’d keep docherty as he is stronger than holt. Central midfield is too lightweight for my liking.

Correct. I don't want to see a midfield of Holt & Goss versus what is a very physical Hearts team.

Reactions: cav
Can't really argue with that. Although I'd like to see Cummings feature a lot earlier than he has been( sub wise ). He loves a goal against Hearts, and the celebration would be interesting :D

Probably too soon for Wallace, but if he was 100% fit, then he'd start over John for me.

Yes, I want Cummings to get at least half an hour.

Reactions: cav
Fod

Tav Bruno (if available) Martin John

Goss
Candeias Murphy
Windass

Cummings Morelos
Yes let’s drop Bates and keep Martin in, he has only cost us two goals and given away two penalty’s so far. Only one central midfield player in Goss. They will have five players strung across the midfield.

If hearts play 3 central like hibs did
I hope murty reacts quicker and matches it

Win the battle first

For me if alves is fit he must start

I’d be leaning towards a midfield 3 of goss ,docherty,holt

Have to drop Murphy or candeas

Need to win the battle first

The only 2 positions there's even the slightest debate about are Bruno/Bates and Docherty/Holt.
I'll put my trust in the manager with those 2 selections, as you can make a case either way.

The formation that has been used since we played the mentally challengeds off the park for the last hour and beat Aberdeen at Ibrox won't change.

Wes

Tav Bates/Alves Martin John

Holt/Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

The only 2 positions there's even the slightest debate about are Bruno/Bates and Docherty/Holt.
I'll put my trust in the manager with those 2 selections, as you can make a case either way.

The formation that has been used since we played the mentally challengeds off the park for the last hour and beat Aberdeen at Ibrox won't change.

Wes

Tav Bates/Alves Martin John

Holt/Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos
I don't know mate,there's a case for the diamond getting rolled out for this one methinks.Not saying that's definitely what's going to happen of course,but there's a case to be argued for it imo.
The old 'win the battle first,then play the football':

Fod
Tav Martin Alves John
Goss
Holt Docherty
Murphy
Morelos Windass

I think Docherty is a better footballer than Holt, and given time will be more a goal threat also.It's difficult moving from a small club to a big club like Rangers
I think once the boy settles, he'll turn out to be a first class midfield player.

I don't know mate,there's a case for the diamond getting rolled out for this one methinks.Not saying that's definitely what's going to happen of course,but there's a case to be argued for it imo.
The old 'win the battle first,then play the football':

Fod
Tav Martin Alves John
Goss
Holt Docherty
Murphy
Morelos Windass

We won the battle at Murrayfield ok with our current formation cav and got gubbed at home by Hamilton and St Johnstone with the diamond.

Can't see him changing it and breaking up the goals and assists Tav and Candeias provide.

Why's everyone picking Alves:eek:

That's nothing compared to some folk with Cummings in their team.

Can't get my head around folk trying to shoehorn a loan signing into the team because he's a big character.

He's a good player no question, but as it stands he's not starting ahead of any of our current front 4.

Foderingham

Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos
Depends how fit Alves is.

Did Docherty's performance last week justify him keeping Holt out the team now he is free from suspension?

Hearts are missing Djoum and Cochrane in the middle which should benefit us in that area.

I’d go Foderingham
Tavernier Bates Martin John
Holt Goss
Candieas Windass Murphy
Morelos

Start attacking and get the game put away as quickly as possible, bring on Docherty/Halliday to tighten things up later on.

Foderingham

Docherty Goss

Candeias Windass Murphy

Morelos

Defence is only real question for me. Martin and Alves may be the best defenders at the club but are both far from mobile. Might be better with one of them and Bates or Cardoso for covering - obviously Bates being the preferred pick now.

same team as last week

Holts been playing well but Dochertys got the jersey now and the only way he,ll get better is by playing games of football

Docherty to keep his place for me he is better going forward than Holt, but i think Murty will bring Holt back in to be honest.

We won the battle at Murrayfield ok with our current formation cav and got gubbed at home by Hamilton and St Johnstone with the diamond.

Can't see him changing it and breaking up the goals and assists Tav and Candeias provide.
The game at Murrayfield I think we had McCrorie in defence and Jack in midfield though? I worry about the lack of personnel available for tomorrow mate.
I wouldn't play the diamond against the likes of Hamilton or St. Johnstone though,with you on that one.

The game at Murrayfield I think we had McCrorie in defence and Jack in midfield though? I worry about the lack of personnel available for tomorrow mate.
I wouldn't play the diamond against the likes of Hamilton or St. Johnstone though,with you on that one.

Granted we don't have a natural DM mate, but the additions of Goss and Murphy, plus Windass being played in his rightful position means we're a far stronger outfit than at Murrayfield.

Foderingham
Tav Alves Martin John
Goss Docherty
Candieas Windass Murphy
Cummings

If stories are true that a Morelos booking means he misses Celtic game then play Cummings

Alves needs game time

Keep Docherty in with Holt on the bench

Foderingham
Tav Alves Martin John
Goss Docherty
Candieas Windass Murphy
Cummings

If stories are true that a Morelos booking means he misses Celtic game then play Cummings

Alves needs game time

Keep Docherty in with Holt on the bench

The story isn't true so Morelos will start.

They're gonna come at us similarly to how they did in their win 4-0 win v septic. Winning and controlling the midfield with a the diamond would be our best shout I think, but without Jack or McCrorie available for the holding role I would opt for our 4231 and look to use our in form attackers where they play best Morelos,Candeias,Murphy and Windass. If we go at them like we can they won't be able to handle our attacking threat. Really need to remain solid at the back though, not give away any daft freekicks as Laff heed seems to be netting them pretty regularly.

This 4-2-4 system is too open for me especially if the 2 are Goss and Holt.

You have to make adjustments against the more capable teams.

I fear another Hibs type result tomorrow.

Fod
Tav Bates Martin John

Docherty Holt Goss Murphy

Windass

Morelos

The only debate for me is whether Murphy or Candeias start.

Back