MOTM Poll Ross County v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Poor goal to lose.

But delighted to see movement off the ball. That combined with increased energy and we looked like we were flying. Same again at start to second half and blow them away

The guy Tav is “marking” doesn’t put the cross into the box, he doesn’t have the initial shot and he doesn’t score the goal yet there are people saying Tav is at fault?

Get a grip of yourselves ffs.
Yup, Tav is the first one to get out to try and make up for someone (Aribo?) falling asleep. Watching on iPad so not sure who lost their man.

Most of the goals we lost last season were like that one. Defenders going to sleep and leaving a man. It's been happening more frequently this season, needs worked on. But overall, good first half, step up the tempo again and get a couple more. Hoping to see more from Kent and Alfie second half. And let's get subs on if people aren't performing.

Not having a dig at Tav (it happens), but he did let the man go at the back post, and he did jog out to him.

Get out quick and stop the cross that doesn’t happen.

Is there to be no criticism at all when we lose a goal?

Criticism is fine when it's levelled and justified.

Tav was not to blame for the goal FFS - why does it always have to be the fault of one player on here? We love a scapegoat.

The reality is as a team we should have defended it better.

Right now, I'd prefer Simpson in at LCB instead of Balogun if we are going to rotate.

I'm sure that will rile some people up because they've already decided he's "crap" but if we're going to rotate, Balogun has made too many costly mistakes this season already, I have absolutely no idea where Katic is on his pathway to recovery and Simpson was OK against Real Madrid in the Friendly and against Dunfermline.
Absolutely not, Simpson gives me the fear

Tav jogged out to close down his man. The gaffer wants us running through brick walls. That ethic must be demonstrated by our captain more than anyone else.
Agree.
The entire team started to jog around as if the game was over.
You could see the goal coming.
Tav is the captain and he should be enforcing the urgency.
Sadly we seem to be losing goals from the same area of the pitch and is becoming difficult not to look at Tav and Goldson.

Right now, I'd prefer Simpson in at LCB instead of Balogun if we are going to rotate.

I'm sure that will rile some people up because they've already decided he's "crap" but if we're going to rotate, Balogun has made too many costly mistakes this season already, I have absolutely no idea where Katic is on his pathway to recovery and Simpson was OK against Real Madrid in the Friendly and against Dunfermline.
Some of us have been calling out the many deficiencies in Baloguns game since early last season. We were talking crap according to majority. He is poor.

The few minute leading up to their goal were really scrappy, they were winning all the fouls , all the throw-ins etc. Lost control of the game for a spell and got punished
The throw in that lead to the freekick hit the RC player right infront of the linesman.

He gave them the throw. What followed was fairly shambolic on our part but how does the linesman not see it hit the county player right infront of him?

Bad goal to lose and the nerves are back. Hard to comprehend after completely dominating nearly all the half and playing much better.

We're developing a very bad habit of conceding stupid goals.
This is it in a nutshell. Really sloppy defending, allowing teams back in and giving them confidence that we can be got at rather than stopping these sides, getting rid of the ball and keeping the ball out of our net.

My stream's like watching the match through a submarine window so hard to tell where it went wrong for their goal. What I will say is that the problems we've seen this season have invariably come from our right hand side. Poor goal to concede after an otherwise dominant first half display.

We lack any sort of match control and defensively we are poor add to that Kent and Alfie offering nothing I’m not sure what you are watching

Any sort or match control? Wouldn't that suggest it would be 6-0 to county?

Alfie also played in Aribo...

Annoying to lose that goal as otherwise we would be saying how well we'd played. If we come out and start the same way we will be ok. But can't let it drop.

For 35 minutes we were back to what we were last season. Lose a goal due to defensive lack of concentration and we are back to sideways passing and poor decision making.
We need to come out for the second half like the first or we are in for a frustrating and nervy 45 minutes

My stream's like watching the match through a submarine window so hard to tell where it went wrong for their goal. What I will say is that the problems we've seen this season have invariably come from our right hand side. Poor goal to concede after an otherwise dominant first half display.

the cross came which County got a touch on forcing Shagger to make a great save but the rebound went right to a County player.

Do you know what I find odd, the absolute need to blame someone for a goal tha we concede.

Does it make you feel better that we conceded if you all blame Tav, Goldson or Balogun?
If it's a goal through brilliance of the opposition you accept it, if someone switches off and it could have been avoided off course there should be a level of blame.

Have a watched it again I don't think there's sole blame, Tav should have been more aware to the danger and got out and stopped the cross, along with Aribo and Balogun was poor in the middle too

I agree with you, I don’t rate balogun at all and how he gets in before helander is beyond me.

Back