On-loan Ranger Ryan Hardie Slays Dundee Hibs Scum

Great start to the weekend, mon the Gers the morra and Dolly kicking the shit out the Kiddifiddlers on Sunday.

Hardie wasn't really in the game, yet I counted 6 attempts by him.

Every one on target, one disallowed goal and one goal.

The boy is a natural goalscorer.

What a strike by Hardie that was! Thought he had a disappointing game as well before he produced that finish. Another nail in the the United coffin though :)

He started reallly well. First ten minutes looked the sharpest player on the pitch but was helped by Lee Miller winning every long ball versus the United defence.

Missed a few chances then started to look less dominant. He could easily have had 3/4 goals on another day.

He had two similar pops from outside the box so obviously backs himself from distance and fancies his chances. Based on his goal I can see why.

Very good goal.

He looks like one of those players who scores plenty at second tier level but not quite good enough for a good top division team.

He had a goal disallowed and scored a screamer to win it. He hardly had a sniff and people don't think he played well or hasn't got what it takes. He'd score a barrowload in a team creating chances.

Great start to the weekend, mon the Gers the morra and Dolly kicking the shit out the Kiddifiddlers on Sunday.

I like the enthusiasm and wish for that result, unfortunately, Dolly are only good at getting their shit pushed in by the mentally challenged c#nts.

Hoping for 2 or 3-0 against Hearts.

Young Hardie did well but lets not get carried away. His goal came from a punt with a knock on to him, we play football and are not a longball team. This is a level below our status.
Still good on him for his achievement tonight and hope that this loan move helps his career.
It was nice to see the Livi players doing a run down and posing for photos with the die-hard fans including Ryan Hardie.

How’s that working out for you, Thomson, you bald twat?

“DUNDEE UNITED chairman Stephen Thompson crawled into bed at one in the morning and knew an insomniac had more chance of getting a good night’s sleep than he did.

Four hours earlier, on Thursday night, he had released a club statement that promised United would be voting “no” when the SPL met to discuss a Rangers newco.

And last night he outlined to Record Sport the hard facts of life as they apply to standing up for what you believe in:

? If an extra 1000 United fans buy season tickets they will pay for the loss of games with Rangers.

? United wouldn’t last five years without ample box office backing.

? Other clubs have to stand up and make their position on Rangers clear like United and Hearts.

The Tannadice declaration was seen as another nail in Gers’ coffin and the start of a move to demote the Ibrox club to the lower leagues.

But that wasn’t what destroyed the Tannadice chairman’s chances of getting his first decent night’s kip for months.

His main concern was how the United fans would respond to his rallying cry to show the club support before the financial consequences of Rangers’ departure from the top flight hit home.

Then Thompson woke up to find there were queues outside the ground to buy tickets and his email inbox was full of messages of congratulation from supporters of other clubs.

However, he told Record Sport he couldn’t feel any sense of elation because he was too knackered to take it all in.

What had lifted Thompson’s spirits, though, was a chance meeting with one ticket-buyer whose decision to spend £265 was all the more remarkable because he will never see the team play.

He revealed: “The guy told me was in the city on a visit from Australia. He agreed with the decision we had taken as a club and decided to buy a season ticket he would donate to a fan before going back Down Under.

“Then I turned on my computer and there were messages from fans of all sorts of clubs saying well done for coming out and making United’s stand a matter of public record.

“On my way out of the ground to go for a quiet coffee I also met a fan who said he wasn’t going to buy a season ticket if we had approved a newco but was now getting four.

“The past few months have been stressful on a personal basis.

“I like to think I’m thick-skinned but you have to be concerned whether the fans will back the board after we’ve made our decision on the game’s biggest issue.

“It’s a big risk and you don’t take these matters lightly.

“There’s a feeling that you want to do what’s right and a realisation that doing the right thing brings with it a huge financial pressure.

“It was a massive decision for us to take and a tough one as well.

“But if we can sell an extra 1000 season tickets that will compensate us for the loss of SPL fixtures against Rangers next season.

“Without them? No club.”

Thompson has to involve his club’s supporters in everything he says because he needs them to understand the power they wield beyond being the driving force behind a “no to newco” vote.

He added: “If a club fails to listen to its customers then it dies, it’s as simple as that. Without our fans’ full backing Dundee United dies in five or six years.

“We stuck our heads above the parapet when we went public and some other clubs might have to be put under pressure before they will do the same.

“There’s a feeling of anxiety about Sky TV and whether they’ll walk if Rangers aren’t in the SPL next season.

“The new, five-year deal we have with them isn’t signed yet but I’m also looking at the knock-on effects of taking a stance on the newco vote. I spoke to people at Hearts and they’ve noticed an immediate uplift in ticket sales after Vladimir Romanov’s statement that he couldn’t back Rangers’ right to stay in the SPL.

“I’m even looking ahead to the day when we might be thinking in terms of an SPL channel, owned by the supporters and clubs.”

In the meantime, Thompson has the satisfaction of knowing he has listened to the supporters and played fair.

He said: “We simply couldn’t raise season-ticket prices.

“Our ticket is only a couple of pounds more expensive than Dundee’s – and we’re offering the guarantee of SPL football.

“A rise will have to come one day because clubs are having to deal with increases in everything, from electricity to pies, but now is not that time.

“All of these things were buzzing round my head when I went home on Thursday night. Then my mobile had to deal with so many calls that it ran out of power about the same time as I did.

“I sat up until one o’clock and my small son woke up at six o’clock. You have to think about your family at a time like this because you want to protect them.

“But the bottom line is the long-term good of the game and what’s best for your club. And if you had a public vote among every supporter in the country, excluding the Rangers fans, 90 per cent of them would be in favour of United’s decision.”

I think we should all re-read this.
If not already read, it isn't too late to read it for the first time, it just remains so very relative even today for Rangers supporters.

Time often sadly puts a grim and gritty perspective onto the past.
A patina of character that can make it easily recognisable to even an occasional or perhaps haphazard glance.
And it doesn't need much of a backward look to recognise the sinister hateful and deceitful lines that have ingrained itself into this particular piece of football history.

Here it is, in all of its tainted shame, its lies, its agenda ridden hyperbole, its poisoned wishful thinking but most of all its sheer hate and loathing for Rangers Football Club that overtook justice fairness and decency in its appetite to sate its hatred and lustful greed to steal what it thought might be yielded by our demotion and death.

Scottish football lives beneath a cloak of shame, one, I doubt that it will ever be able to free itself from under in my lifetime.
I certainly will struggle to see it in another more positive light whilst I walk this earth.

Last edited:
I think we should all reread this.
If not already read, it isn't too late to read it for the first time, it just remains so very relative even today for Rangers supporters.

Time often sadly puts a grim and gritty perspective onto the past.
A patina of character that can make it easily recognisable to even an occasional or perhaps haphazard glance.
And it doesn't need much of a backward look to recognise the sinister hateful and deceitful lines that have ingrained itself into this piece of football history.

Here it is, in all of its tainted shame, its lies, its agenda ridden hyperbole, its poisoned wishful thinking but most of all its sheer hate and loathing for Rangers Football Club that overtook justice fairness and decency in its appetite to sate its hatred and lustful greed to steal what it thought might be yielded by our demotion and death.

Scottish football lives under a cloak of shame, that I doubt it will ever be able to free itself from under in my lifetime.
I certainly will struggle to see it in another light whilst I walk this earth.

Really brilliant post, mate.

Dundee Utd are on life support.

Failure to get promotion will see the plug pulled out of the wall.

The end is coming for them.

Our game needs cleansed. Dundee hibs disappearing would be a step forward, but only a start.

The clock is ticking on this rancid club and it's support, after it was held up as the model on how to run a football club by our media.

Tick Tock Thompson, and your club and support.

might no be many more games shedka.

i get what you are saying but word i am hearing isnt good.

best case snake gives away club for free with conditions (not happening)

2nd best case scenario we still have snake next year running a part time hybrid type club and we still function

most likely scenario - we cease to exist.

Its happening - deaf or dumb - its happening.

Back