Official Rangers Statement on Bus Incident

Here's the thing...

- If you think the problem here is the person who filmed and uploaded this, you're part of the problem.
- If you think the actions we've seen on the bus aren't racism, you're racist.
- If you think it is just banter, you're part of the problem.
- If you think folk need to have a thicker skin, you're wrong.
- If you think it's ok as long as these things are only done behind closed doors, you're racist and wrong.
- If you are in any way annoyed at the actions of the club, take a look at yourself.

Are you getting it yet? Just cut this crap out. It's not banter. It's not staunch. It's not just daft and innocuous.

The away support at the game was brilliant and could be argued played a role in the win. But this stuff, inside or outside the stadium, needs to stop.

That is part of the problem. Another part of the problem is the people who recorded it on Snapchat and plastered it all over social media. They could have just sent it to the Police. This rampant cyber vigilantism is horrendous to and almost without fail the most vocal witch hunters turn out to be guilty of similar offences.

On the lads, the ones I know from that video are good Rangers men.
Such good Rangers men, that Rangers have had to publicly state that their support is no longer welcome and they are immediately banned from attending games for life.

No doubt you'll be quick to point out that they'll still sneak in with single game tickets, just like other mates of yours, but it must be a kick in the balls to them knowing that the club literally want nothing to do with them ever again.

I really feel for the innocent, sensible folk on that bus that just wanted to go watch their team without causing any issues.

That's a further weight those dafties responsible for all this will need to carry the burden of.
I don't, those innocent sensible folk should have told them to can it.

The message would be banning those kids, and having the police chap on the door of more than a few bigoted journalists and politicians.

If the club want to be taken seriously they'd have lawyers come down hard on some of the bigoted fuckwits in higher office in this country, while at the same time, cleaning up this sort of behaviour.
Or they should leave well the %^*& alone, and tell the press exactly why.
If you know journalists and politicians who have acted unlawfully why haven’t you reported them?

You implied that not singing TBB meant we'd "let go" of its context and our feelings towards them. I'd argue otherwise very much

I said not everyone sings it. I dont doubt some that do feel strongly about hating catholics, as abhorrent as that is in my mind.

Here's the thing...

- If you think the problem here is the person who filmed and uploaded this, you're part of the problem.
- If you think it's ok as long as these things are only done behind closed doors, you're racist and wrong.
- If you are in any way annoyed at the actions of the club, take a look at yourself.

Are you getting it yet? Just cut this crap out. It's not banter. It's not staunch. It's not just daft and innocuous.

The away support at the game was brilliant and could be argued played a role in the win. But this stuff, inside or outside the stadium, needs to stop.
One of the best posts I have seen on Follow Follow and I have been here almost from the start. The nonsense saying that it was the person that shared it was to blame is embarrassing. Involving examples of Celtic supporters going similar is embarrassing. They were being openly racist and have been dealt with by the club. There is no defence .

You mean like this??

Has anyone within Scottish football ever been banned from games for stuff said on social media? So much stuff on these sites goes unpunished without any real world consequences.

Think the issue with these comments and other similar ones that the great unwashed are deleting is that no one of any ‘prominence’ will call it out.

Such good Rangers men, that Rangers have had to publicly state that their support is no longer welcome and they are immediately banned from attending games for life.

No doubt you'll be quick to point out that they'll still sneak in with single game tickets, just like other mates of yours, but it must be a kick in the balls to them knowing that the club literally want nothing to do with them ever again.
Their actions were poor. And they will regret them. The response from Rangers can not be argued with and I don’t blame them for not wanting to be associated with that behaviour.

I have to encounter racism often in this country. It’s unacceptable.

And yes they will no doubt sneak in.

I’m not sure I said I had mates that sneaked in? I maybe did, accidentally. Can you refer me to the post your talking about and I’ll amend it, please?

I don’t agree with the latter. I think any ban will eventually end and Rangers will want something to do with them, if they are enquiring about tickets.

No stress, my end.

Our club has done the right thing by hammering these racist Neanderthals who are too thick to know the damage they are doing to Rangers FC.
Racism is an abhorrent stain in any society, and I’m glad our club has laid down a marker that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated. Well done RFC.
I do, however, feel sorry for the decent members on the bus, but the club needs to be seen to be operating a Zero Tolerance stance against racism.
Buses and Rangers establishments should throw out Wallopers who video record fellow Bears on supporters buses and at functions. They are giving our haters a potential open goal to damage our reputation. It’s time to get savvy. STOP singing songs that can damage the club, and any video-obsessed Wallopers reading this, please feckin stop recording and posting stuff that shows our club and fans in a negative way.

Last edited:
I don't, those innocent sensible folk should have told them to can it.
Maybe they did, after the video was stopped being filmed? or maybe they didn't want to risk getting into a heated confrontation with bevvied up young uns?

Whatever their position was, they shouldn't be lumped in with the few.

What should they have done?
How about chase up the "racist" in office on the SPFL board, ask the media, police Scotland, the government and the rest of Scottish football if we can expect teenagers to behave when racism by upper class people in authority is seen as a laughing matter?

The amount of folk on here who forget they were young once and made an arse of themselves before taking the moral high ground, while defending mentally challengeds is sickening to the stomach.
The world has moved on. They had Rangers in the 6 o’clock news tonight. Rangers had to act. My age makes no difference to that at all.

Here's the thing...

This is as "nail on head" as it gets.

How about chase up the "racist" in office on the SPFL board, ask the media, police Scotland, the government and the rest of Scottish football if we can expect teenagers to behave when racism by upper class people in authority is seen as a laughing matter?
Missed the point.
What should the people on the bus have done?
What you wrote is a poor attempt at an excuse for those men's behavior. Its not.
After all the support Kamara got how on earth did they think this was Ok?

My son is 16 and loves Rangers. I can put my hand on my heart and say he would never dream of making the gestures those numpties did. How can anybody defend that ?

Their actions were poor. And they will regret them. The response from Rangers can not be argued with and I don’t blame them for not wanting to be associated with that behaviour.

I have to encounter racism often in this country. It’s unacceptable.

And yes they will no doubt sneak in.

I’m not sure I said I had mates that sneaked in? I maybe did accidentally. An you refer me to the post your talking about and I’ll amend it, please?

I don’t agree with the latter. I think any ban will eventually end and Rangers will want something to do with them, if they are enquiring about tickets.

No stress, my end.
The club want nothing to do with them ever again. They are immediately banned from attending games forever. There will be no shortage of fans scrambling to take their tickets and the decision will not be reversed.

They will sneak into games in future and no doubt continue to claim to be 'good Rangers men', but now they are 'supporting' a club that have publicly announced that they want absolutely nothing to do with these individuals again.

Imagine being told that you're banned from Ibrox! Forever! o_O
Imagine being specifically told by Rangers that the club do not want and will never acknowledge your support o_O

Edit: to respond to your question about mates sneaking in, you've posted about 8-10 times in this thread alone that you have a couple of mates that have court ordered lifetime bans, but continue to sneak in with single game tickets. You also said a few times that you've got your ST in your brother's name, no doubt incase your own stupidity bites you on the arse.
Think all that green you're smoking is starting to effect your memory.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what was sung 20+ years ago. Times have changed.

Doesn't matter whether fans of other clubs do likewise. We should be better than that.

The behaviour is completely inappropriate, and our club's name is being dragged through the mud.

There is no defence. None.

I don't live in the shit hole that is Scotland.
Thankfully.
Anyone claiming that Rangers banning these kids is right needs to have a good hard look in a mirror.
Kids?? They're grown men.

The fact I can look in the mirror and know the club is right in what they've done is the reason I'm proud to be a Rangers fan and the reason I can sleep soundly at night, knowing I've stood on the right side of horrendous racism.

Mental that people are defending this. I know a great guy, Rangers fan, born and bred in Glasgow to Chinese parents. He would have been gutted if he was on that bus and those morons were doing that. It’s bang out of order.

I used to sing much worse than that when I was a daft teenager tbh, thankfully there was only about 12 folk on the Internet back then and they were too busy discussing the latest X Files episode.

Times move on, stuff like this is no longer acceptable and the club have no choice but to adopt a zero tolerance approach, especially when it gets plastered all over social media.

The club want nothing to do with them ever again. They are immediately banned from attending games forever. There will be no shortage of fans scrambling to take their tickets and the decision will not be reversed.

They will sneak into games in future and no doubt continue to claim to be 'good Rangers men', but now they are 'supporting' a club that have publicly announced that they want absolutely nothing to with these individuals again.

Imagine being told that you banned from Ibrox o_O
Imagine being specifically told by Rangers that the club do not want and will never acknowledge your support o_O

Edit: to respond to your question about mates sneaking in, you've posted about 8-10 times in this thread alone that you have a couple of mates that sneak in with single game tickets. You also said a few times that you've got your ST in your brother's name, no doubt incase your own stupidity bites you on the arse.
Think all that green you're smoking is starting to effect your memory.
Does it say they are banned forever in the statement? They won't be banned forever.

Mental that people are defending this. I know a great guy, Rangers fan, born and bred in Glasgow to Chinese parents. He would have been gutted if he was on that bus and those morons were doing that. It’s bang out of order.
One of the girls in my group of pals with STs is of Japanese descent with Japanese family. Constantly talking about Rangers in the group chat, every day.

She hasn't said a single word to any of us since the game on Sunday. Feel sick to my stomach thinking about how she's feeling right now.

My honest opinion? Rangers has a real problem with the support that is happy to perform racism like this on buses, to sing about Roman Catholics, the Pope and whatever else, and to hell with what the club say or want.

These fans are a cancer to the club, and as long as this behaviour is accepted by others, the club will continue to suffer.

Football without fans is nothing, but if these fans are the best we’ve got (“good Rangers men” someone described them as yesterday), then we don’t deserve football. And I don’t want to hear anything about what Celtic or their fans do, or what the BBC report.

This is on us, and it’s on us to change it.
I would love to hear from those who think that they have a right to sing FTP, anti catholic/racist songs when it is to the detriment of the club.
Do they honestly think it inspires the players
They must know the more they do it the more they make the club brand toxic making it more difficult to attract sponsorship, investment and players.
We know CFC are even worse but we are Rangers and should always be classier than them.

They will sneak into games in future and no doubt continue to claim to be 'good Rangers men', but now they are 'supporting' a club that have publicly announced that they want absolutely nothing to with these individuals again.

Imagine being told that you banned from Ibrox o_O
Mate, this doesn’t affect me. Not, at all.

I have a ST and I wouldn’t do anything that’ll see that get taken away from me (especially, not now).

I know lads on that bus becuase I used to get it. I’m not pals with them. Whether they are banned or not has zero impact on my life.

I take my car to the games and I’m anti-social. I don’t like most folk.

I couldn’t care less, to be quite honest.

It’s unfortunate for them. But it’s a harsh lesson learned. It won’t affect any part of any day that I live.

Education on racism isn't easy to deliver. It takes a lot of careful thought and perseverance. I'd rather see us step up efforts on education, and especially for those in our support who need it.
Zero tolerance will get results too. But not nearly as effectively as education will.

Education would lead to questions like, why am I a hun, zombie, subhuman, scum, proddy bastard.
And that's just banter and acceptable.

Questions neither the club, police or anyone on here can answer, so education is out of the question.

You only need to go onto twitter.

Lowlife hun scum acting like hun scum.
As a retort and message to call out "racism/bigotry/sectarianism.

You couldn't make it up.

Still, as long as we are all kicking each other when we are down.....
While climbing on top of those who have fallen to take our perch on the moral high ground.

Who was scum racist who got the job at Lennoxtown after being found guilty?!? I recall article but didn't save it.

Each to their own. But this is one thing that I can say will never bother me.

Fuuck what they think.

They were calling an element of our fans racist long before that recent video. That’s never going to change.
If they are being racist and harming the club they should be banned end of.
Pleny to others who realise its 2021 will take their place

Does it say they are banned forever in the statement? They won't be banned forever.
Ffs mate, it's a three paragraph statement and it's in the OP, but if you can't be bothered to look....

"The individuals involved have been identified and will be banned indefinitely from all Rangers games."

I can't see Rangers ever deciding to overturn their decision.

One of the girls in my group of pals with STs is of Japanese descent with Japanese family. Constantly talking about Rangers in the group chat, every day.

She hasn't said a single word to any of us since the game on Sunday. Feel sick to my stomach thinking about how she's feeling right now.

Alienates good people who want to support our club.

Back